Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread - **MOD NOTE POST #1**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,935 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very quite over on the Offaly supporters website
    http://www.uibhfhaili.com/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=57f3c3e07dbde93961fffaf2369cdc18

In fact can't find anything on the game Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

So what are ye thinking in terms of changes for Saturday? I'm thinking we should try and add some pace. Think Tommy Ryan and Colin Dunford should be given a chance. Think brick should sit this one out. If Darragh Fives is fit, I'd be hoping he gets the nod. Play Gleeson centre forward and leave him there. Give Curran a go. My team would be:
    O Keeffe
    S Fives, Coughlan, Connors
    D Fives, de Burca, Mahony
    Barron, Bennett
    Dunford, A Gleeson, Mahony
    Ryan, Maurice, Curran

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭deisechap09

So what are ye thinking in terms of changes for Saturday? I'm thinking we should try and add some pace. Think Tommy Ryan and Colin Dunford should be given a chance. Think brick should sit this one out. If Darragh Fives is fit, I'd be hoping he gets the nod. Play Gleeson centre forward and leave him there. Give Curran a go. My team would be:
    O Keeffe
    S Fives, Coughlan, Connors
    D Fives, de Burca, Mahony
    Barron, Bennett
    Dunford, A Gleeson, Mahony
    Ryan, Maurice, Curran

We wont see it, but id like to see C Gleeson at full back. Alternatively, one of the Fives in there. We cant play 6 on 6 with Coughlan in there. Hes done his best but unfortunately not good enough. Id be very much in favor of moving Bennett out the field as I don't think hes a natural inside forward. Would like to see O Halloran ahead of Ryan, but Tommy is well worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

cascade12 wrote: »
    I see the bitter boys have returned !

Bitter? What's to be bitter about? Embarrassed maybe a better description. I know you have to be seen to support the regime with your dls hat on but the comical thing that was spouted out this week was that when Ken,Brian Flannery, and Phil Fanning all critised the performance it was because they were from Mt. Sion!! And that came from the camp!

Excuses can always be found but the truth is always a BITTER pill to swallow 😉

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

Deise Gael wrote: »
    Good man Kevin, taking the opportunity to vouch for a few of his ex-school buddies

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Deise Gael

robopaddy2 wrote: »
    Good man Kevin, taking the opportunity to vouch for a few of his ex-school buddies

As distinct from Derek's undroppable ex-school buddies....

As distinct from Derek's undroppable ex-school buddies....
    Up the East. F**k the west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Anyone spoken out against McGrath banned, eh?

The thread is clogged with criticism of him. Waterford have not been setback years, we are still in the 2017 championship. The McGrath detractors might as well own up to the fact that if Waterford actually did win an all-ireland under his stewardship ye'd be a bit resentful about it. Let's be honest, and that is not how anyone should support their County.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Anyone spoken out against McGrath banned, eh?

The thread is clogged with criticism of him. Waterford have not been setback years, we are still in the 2017 championship. The McGrath detractors might as well own up to the fact that if Waterford actually did win an all-ireland under his stewardship ye'd be a bit resentful about it. Let's be honest, and that is not how anyone should support their County.

Tbf McGrath stepped on a lot of toes when he more or less dismissed waterford winning the u21 all ireland as a nothing achievment (while racking up huge scores,tbh they prob underachiever abit with just 1 munstwr and 1 all ireland imo-not to go too off topic)

Which was all well and good while they were performing (like vs kk)...but vs cork while appearing to be set up conventionally,they struck me as not fulling knowing how to turn the screw in attack and terrible nativity compared to their defending

In reality we all know we're in for an absolute borefest vs offaly...same as againest wexford last year,when these are the games they should target to hone/sharpen uo their attacking skills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭cascade12

cul beag wrote: »
    Bitter? What's to be bitter about? Embarrassed maybe a better description. I know you have to be seen to support the regime with your dls hat on but the comical thing that was spouted out this week was that when Ken,Brian Flannery, and Phil Fanning all critised the performance it was because they were from Mt. Sion!! And that came from the camp!

Excuses can always be found but the truth is always a BITTER pill to swallow ��

Had a bit of time on my hands this morning so I decided to read back on some of the posts a few years ago on this thread. The following is part of a post you made.
    "I must say im baffled by the hatred thing that seems to be going on here with some of the posters,still fighting Scullys corner and only waiting for the McGrath reign to self destruct so as to have a pop at both he and the players. Not true supporters if that's the case."
    I would take it by that statement, you believe yourself not to be a true supporter. That being the case, and they are your words, would the term 'hypocrite' be appropriate in your situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Tbf McGrath stepped on a lot of toes when he more or less dismissed waterford winning the u21 all ireland as a nothing achievment (while racking up huge scores,tbh they prob underachiever abit with just 1 munstwr and 1 all ireland imo-not to go too off topic)

Which was all well and good while they were performing (like vs kk)...but vs cork while appearing to be set up conventionally,they struck me as not fulling knowing how to turn the screw in attack and terrible nativity compared to their defending

In reality we all know we're in for an absolute borefest vs offaly...same as againest wexford last year,when these are the games they should target to hone/sharpen uo their attacking skills

When did he dismiss winning the under 21 as a nothing achievement?

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=272258

still think were going to be in for a nervy game no matter all the ****e talk going around

Had a bit of time on my hands this morning so I decided to read back on some of the posts a few years ago on this thread. The following is part of a post you made.
    "I must say im baffled by the hatred thing that seems to be going on here with some of the posters,still fighting Scullys corner and only waiting for the McGrath reign to self destruct so as to have a pop at both he and the players. Not true supporters if that's the case."
    I would take it by that statement, you believe yourself not to be a true supporter. That being the case, and they are your words, would the term 'hypocrite' be appropriate in your situation.

Fortunately unlike the clowns that are still taken in by his bulls##ti(which at the start we were all taken in by)I can see through the prophet Derek and his rather impressive use of the English language and the bluffer that he really is. The difference being I will support the county long after this bluffer is gone,unlike the believer that you are. Hypocrisy would sum up the people that think we are in a good place at senior level but think our underage needs another helping from the dls club because we are struggling in this area!!! Or would you call it ignorance??
    Maybe you're the prophet posting on here as he too has loads of time on his hands now that he is a full time manager🙄🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=272258

still think were going to be in for a nervy game no matter all the ****e talk going around

Believe me you'll hammer them. Tipp beat them by 34 points in a Challenge game recently with only four regular first teamers playing.

They're not anywhere near the level to trouble a team like Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

I agree we should have a backlash and something to prove to the rest that we are still contenders.. we are not going to lose to Offaly ffs its not like 93 losing to Kerry. Hammer Offaly and get the show back on the road. I expect nothing else

Fortunately unlike the clowns that are still taken in by his bulls##ti(which at the start we were all taken in by)I can see through the prophet Derek and his rather impressive use of the English language and the bluffer that he really is. The difference being I will support the county long after this bluffer is gone,unlike the believer that you are. Hypocrisy would sum up the people that think we are in a good place at senior level but think our underage needs another helping from the dls club because we are struggling in this area!!! Or would you call it ignorance??
    Maybe you're the prophet posting on here as he too has loads of time on his hands now that he is a full time manager����

The bitterness is really showing now. Clowns, bull****, bluffer! Getting a little ratty now that you are found out. I think you need to round up the troops from the rest of the bitter army.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

PTH would you ever relax, you tip every team to beat us on the hurling pools so I don't understand why you get so nervous before every game

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    PTH would you ever relax, you tip every team to beat us on the hurling pools so I don't understand why you get so nervous before every game

It's just me, me and nerves get on hand in hand

Its Knockout hurling at the end of the day and lose and our journey is over for the year. A loss for Waterford will potentially make us the laughing stock of the hurling world

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

We wont see it, but id like to see C Gleeson at full back. Alternatively, one of the Fives in there. We cant play 6 on 6 with Coughlan in there. Hes done his best but unfortunately not good enough. Id be very much in favor of moving Bennett out the field as I don't think hes a natural inside forward. Would like to see O Halloran ahead of Ryan, but Tommy is well worth a go.
    look at Bennett's goal in last year U21 final ,pure class ,the only reason why he is being viewed this way ,is because of the horrible system he has to play in ,if he was left in the forwards with any kind of support you would then see the lad at his best ,he is a serious goal threat

• Advertisement

look at Bennett's goal in last year U21 final ,pure class ,the only reason why he is being viewed this way ,is because of the horrible system he has to play in ,if he was left in the forwards with any kind of support you would then see the lad at his best ,he is a serious goal threat
    Completely different level at Senior inter county. You have'nt a clue what your talking about. The ditch is the right place for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

Yeah toss of a coin in my opinion between Ryan and O Halloran.Can see your point regarding Coughlan. I'd just worry putting him in a key position like that this early in his career. Coughlan is far from ideal but I think he's the best we have at the minute. Bennett is good on the ball and winning possession but very wasteful in front of the posts. Think midfield might be his best position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

I agree, stupid thing to say and he really didn't think it through. More than entitled to have those comments criticized, I don't think we need to keep referring to it over and over again. 4 months since that was said and it was wrong to say it hut we can surely all move on.

One thing I would say is that the players that won the 21s last year have done a lot more training in the Senior setup in the past 2-3 years than they did at all with Sean power and co last year. How often would the Senior hurlers have been available to him? Not that any other Senior manager would have done differently in the time since 2014 than to bring in the all ireland minor winning team but just bear that in mind when assesing the performance of the u21 management last year.

Whenever Waterford under perform its tactics are the talking point. There was a lot more wrong besides tactics against Cork. I think ultimately we have a couple of problem points, and it is hard to know if we can rectify them without weaking another area of the field.

I would like to see Colin Dunford get a chance again though, but I never watch them train so no idea what sort of form he's in.

The bitterness is really showing now. Clowns, bull****, bluffer! Getting a little ratty now that you are found out. I think you need to round up the troops from the rest of the bitter army.

😂😂😂😂😂Found out? God help us. You're the one that's found out my friend. I rule for the senior another rule for the minors. Can you enlighten me where did the prophet come up with the defensive system? I'm curious to know would it have come for the St. Saviours Football club? It would make a lot of sense if it was!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Deisedozzer

To be fair to Kevin, he was only in school with two of them (Dunford and Curran) who are among the most criminally underused players on the panel. No point using them in current system though seeing as our tactic is just to blast aimless high balls down on top of forwards who are double marked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭enoughtaken

😂😂😂😂😂Found out? God help us. You're the one that's found out my friend. I rule for the senior another rule for the minors. Can you enlighten me where did the prophet come up with the defensive system? I'm curious to know would it have come for the St. Saviours Football club? It would make a lot of sense if it was!!!
    Ur reaching a new low there horse. I have the upmost respect for St Saviours. Beat us by a point in an underage county final back in the eighties which I played in. They have done Trojan work in promoting football since then. Had the misfortune of them, there clubhouse been gutted and have kept ploughing on.
    But this site is great for the keyboard warrior.
    You have slated the present management on numerous occasions with a few more. You did state previously with your cousin culbaire 😂 That there is 4 or 5 more players not been looked at. Can one of ye name them please.
    I still will follow and believe in this team and management. We have seen many hardships and beatens over the years but I'll still travel to tullamore Saturday and see us win and continue hopefully to climb the steps on 3rd September. DEISE ABU.

����������Found out? God help us. You're the one that's found out my friend. I rule for the senior another rule for the minors. Can you enlighten me where did the prophet come up with the defensive system? I'm curious to know would it have come for the St. Saviours Football club? It would make a lot of sense if it was!!!

Another post from you.
    " Couldn't agree more. Disgraceful some of it,amazing we've have none of it tonight against any of the players! People with personal vendettas have no place on here. I have no problem with players being criticised as long as in theory its being constructive but please leave the personal stuff off here. Maurice Shanahan is another one whom is constantly coming in for it on here. Did it ever dawn on people there could be personal problems going on with any of these players outside of hurling? Amateur sportsmen that have to go to work or college the following day like everyone else and yet they'll come in for torrents of abuse at times. We all want to see Waterford doing well but give these guys a bit of support because we must be the worst county around for slating its players /management when things go wrong. I think both players and management deserve great credit for the win today and hopefully it helps the youngfellas gain the confidence to believe that they do belong at this level.
    Parts of it today weren't perfect such as over doing the short passing at times,taking wrong options also,but these can be worked on and hopefully will help us improve even further against Dublin in 2 weeks time."

"People with personal vendettas have no place on here."
    "please leave the personal stuff off here"
    "We all want to see Waterford doing well but give these guys a bit of support because we must be the worst county around for slating its players /management when things go wrong."
    Your own words again, I believe. Maybe you should practice what you preach because you are taking one hell of an internet beating here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Jesus lads everyone is entitled to their opinion. Regarding Derek McGrath, if you put yourself in a high profile position you leave yourself open to scrutiny. He's a big boy and obviously has conviction in his methods so I don't think he gives a flying f about the opinion personal or otherwise of some anonymous poster on a forum of about 25 posters.

Maybe move of from having a pop at each other and start talking about the game on Saturday.

Offaly played 2 sweepers against Galway the last day and it didn't end well but it could work against us ???. They beat Westmeath in the qf cause of a goalkeeping error by the Westmeath goalie. We beat them well in a challenge game in may but Stephen Bennett who scored 3 goals that day is suspended

Expecting a smallish Waterford crowd heading up on Saturday. A lot of Waterford supporters are being over confident and waiting til the 2nd round the follwing saturday too travel.

• Advertisement

Gavlor wrote: »
    Jesus lads everyone is entitled to their opinion. Regarding Derek McGrath, if you put yourself in a high profile position you leave yourself open to scrutiny. He's a big boy and obviously has conviction in his methods so I don't think he gives a flying f about the opinion personal or otherwise of some anonymous poster on a forum of about 25 posters.

Maybe move of from having a pop at each other and start talking about the game on Saturday.
    Constructive criticism backed up by legitimate reasoning is perfectly fair, which the likes of Giveitfong regularly contributes and is much appreciated on this thread. ( Although I would disagree wit a lot of it)
    On the other hand, some of the abuse directed at management is not acceptable and should be pointed out. I am merely pointing out those posters with personal agendas for the benefit of anybody that may be browsing this thread.
    Anyway to the match on Saturday, I think we should only have the one enforced change for the game. Darragh Fives for the suspended Stephen Bennett with one or two positional switches. We had a bad day at the office last time out and I am confident the team will redeem themselves on Saturday. It worries me a little that a lot of people are basing there opinions on the success of an u21 team. There is a massive step up in standard from u21 to Senior as Limerick and Clare have proved recently and numerous others including ourselves in the past. This has become a stick to beat the management with from people with a very limited knowledge of the game. Is there a possibility that we are not as good as some of our supporters seem to think we should be.
    This is still an open championship in my opinion and any one of four or five can have genuine aspirations of winning it and we are one of them, but we will have to be at our very best. I have no doubt that Derek Mcgrath is the man to lead us.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

Deiseland wrote: »
    Well said cascade.
    Is there a few out from under the rocks again. To be honest I like yourself have total trust that Derek and his management team can take us very close to the top this year. The negative sh.t wrote hear by some is embarrassing if there's any bit of Waterford blood in them.

This McGrath love in is embarrassing to watch at this stage, please just get a room lads.

Our reserves could beat offaly, we should use this game to drop a few players like Moran as a well needed kick up the arse while having a look at the likes of Ryan and Dunford. I doubt that will happen though, McGrath is too insular to consider looking beyond his starting group at this stage unless we get in selectors who can impose a few badly needed fresh ideas.

Ropaire wrote: »
    Deiseland wrote: »
    Well said cascade.
    Is there a few out from under the rocks again. To be honest I like yourself have total trust that Derek and his management team can take us very close to the top this year. The negative sh.t wrote hear by some  is embarrassing if there's any bit of Waterford blood in them.

This McGrath love in is embarrassing to watch at this stage, please just get a room lads.

Our reserves could beat offaly, we should use this game to drop a few players like Moran as a well needed kick up the arse while having a look at the likes of Ryan and Dunford. I doubt that will happen though, McGrath is too insular to consider looking beyond his starting group at this stage unless we get in selectors who can impose a few badly needed fresh ideas.
    I don't know if you've been on planet Zog the past couple weeks but both Eoin Murphy (Shamrocks) and Fergal Hartley have both been drafted in as selectors since the Cork game

I don't know if you've been on planet Zog the past couple weeks but both Eoin Murphy (Shamrocks) and Fergal Hartley have both been drafted in as selectors since the Cork game

Yeah I know. Will they actually do anything though will they just sit and nod like the last umpteen selectors that have come and gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Murphy a selector. Hartley an advisor on match days. Anyway hopefully they can convince Derek that his tactics are flawed.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

Lads the issue regarding Mc Grath and the slagging from both sides of the fence is borderline embarrassing and very annoying to read. Theres more to life than that and can we focus on the team and debate about them? Realistically Mc Grath is gone this year unless he wins an All-Ireland so get behind this team as there still is a bright future for the lads all coming into their prime age so relax one bad year (if we get knocked out in qualifiers) does not define this team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

From across the Border , this is quite entertaining , and silly at the same time.
    yee were a puck of the ball away from beating KK in Croker last year .... And this years championship is up for grabs for 5-6 counties realistically.

Theres too much negativity in the Deise , how do yee expect your side to win anything when the supporters are constantly sniping and whinging ... FFS get behind yere team ...

KK Abú :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DLS2THECORE

Head on the block time, I'm in McGrath's shoes - This is the team I'd put out on Saturday
    1 - SOK 2 - Conor Gleeson 3 Shane Fives 4 Noel Connors, 5 Daragh Fives 6 Tadhg De Burca 7 Kevin Moran 8 Jamie Barron 9 Shane Bennett 10 Brick Walsh 11 Austin Gleeson 12 Pauric Mahony 13 Patrick Curran 14 Maurice Shanahan 15 Colin Dunford
    I'd play the orthodox 6 backs with Barron sitting deeper in front of TDB. I'd let Shane Bennett run from midfield and give Colin Dunford a roving role to make off the shoulder runs to use his pace. Let 2 to 3 lads in full forward at all times.

Head on the block time, I'm in McGrath's shoes - This is the team I'd put out on Saturday
    1 - SOK 2 - Conor Gleeson 3 Shane Fives 4 Noel Connors, 5 Daragh Fives 6 Tadhg De Burca 7 Kevin Moran 8 Jamie Barron 9 Shane Bennett 10 Brick Walsh 11 Austin Gleeson 12 Pauric Mahony 13 Patrick Curran 14 Maurice Shanahan 15 Colin Dunford
    I'd play the orthodox 6 backs with Barron sitting deeper in front of TDB. I'd let Shane Bennett run from midfield and give Colin Dunford a roving role to make off the shoulder runs to use his pace. Let 2 to 3 lads in full forward at all times.

Head on the block time, I'd pay serious attention to how lads are going in training and pick the 15 lads that look like they're seriously up for it for each position.
    Then if it's not working out during the game, or if I see anything we can exploit I'd make changes based on what I see along with input from my selectors. Will that happen? Will it ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Ropaire wrote: »
    McGrath is too insular to consider looking beyond his starting group at this stage

Waterford haven't named the same championship team in two consecutive games since last years Munster Final and even that contained at least three positional changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Constructive criticism backed up by legitimate reasoning is perfectly fair, which the likes of Giveitfong regularly contributes and is much appreciated on this thread. ( Although I would disagree wit a lot of it)
    On the other hand, some of the abuse directed at management is not acceptable and should be pointed out. I am merely pointing out those posters with personal agendas for the benefit of anybody that may be browsing this thread.
    Anyway to the match on Saturday, I think we should only have the one enforced change for the game. Darragh Fives for the suspended Stephen Bennett with one or two positional switches. We had a bad day at the office last time out and I am confident the team will redeem themselves on Saturday. It worries me a little that a lot of people are basing there opinions on the success of an u21 team. There is a massive step up in standard from u21 to Senior as Limerick and Clare have proved recently and numerous others including ourselves in the past. This has become a stick to beat the management with from people with a very limited knowledge of the game. Is there a possibility that we are not as good as some of our supporters seem to think we should be.
    This is still an open championship in my opinion and any one of four or five can have genuine aspirations of winning it and we are one of them, but we will have to be at our very best. I have no doubt that Derek Mcgrath is the man to lead us.
    I think we could do with three of four changes. To be the team has become stale. I would like to see O'Halloran and Curran start with Possibly Ryan and maybe even Keating in the backline.

• Advertisement

thesultan wrote: »
    maybe even Keating in the backline.

Ah yeah but which one of the twelve do you drop :p:p

thesultan wrote: »
    I think we could do with three of four changes. To be the team has become stale. I would like to see O'Halloran and Curran start with Possibly Ryan and maybe even Keating in the backline.
    Fair point. If I was making more changes, I would probably go with Jake and Patrick Curran. I think Jake Dillon has been missed from the team this year. He was excellent in both semi finals last year and does a great job from either wing forward or as one of two in the full forward line. There is a strong case to be made for playing Curran, Dillon and Stephen Bennett the following week assuming we get through with Jake coming deeper. I would bring on Tommy Ryan when the game opens up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tomm123

Fair point. If I was making more changes, I would probably go with Jake and Patrick Curran. I think Jake Dillon has been missed from the team this year. He was excellent in both semi finals last year and does a great job from either wing forward or as one of two in the full forward line. There is a strong case to be made for playing Curran, Dillon and Stephen Bennett the following week assuming we get through with Jake coming deeper. I would bring on Tommy Ryan when the game opens up.

Awh stop boy will ya the only reason Jake is on the panel is because of the school and club he's from. He wouldn't make the camogie panel if there wasn't a DLS man involved

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Deise Gael

tomm123 wrote: »
    Awh stop boy will ya the only reason Jake is on the panel is because of the school and club he's from. He wouldn't make the camogie panel if there wasn't a DLS man involved

As things stand Kevin Moran must be looking over his shoulder. His form has been atrocious all year and how he wasn't substituted against Cork is beyond belief.

As of now there are two many guys living off their reputations who know they won't be dropped and the team definitely needs revitalising.

The whole thing has gone totally stale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Deiseen

As things stand Kevin Moran must be looking over his shoulder. His form has been atrocious all year and how he wasn't substituted against Cork is beyond belief.

As of now there are two many guys living off their reputations who know they won't be dropped and the team definitely needs revitalising.

The whole thing has gone totally stale

Hate to single a fella out but Moran was as bad as it gets in the last game. As you said, beyond belief that he wasn't subbed.

Any reason why you didn't use your normal account to post this???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

It's like listening to a bunch of 12 year old girls bicker.

WvOffaly
    1SOK
    2SFives
    3Coughlan
    4Connors
    5DeBurca
    6Aussie
    7PMahony
    8Barron
    9CGleeson
    10Moran
    11PauricMahony
    21Maurice
    13SBennett
    14Brick
    15DFives

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Deiseen

WvOffaly
    1SOK
    2SFives
    3Coughlan
    4Connors
    5DeBurca
    6Aussie
    7PMahony
    8Barron
    9CGleeson
    10Moran
    11PauricMahony
    21Maurice
    13SBennett
    14Brick
    15DFives

Wow, a bit too experimental if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

WvOffaly
    1SOK
    2SFives
    3Coughlan
    4Connors
    5DeBurca
    6Aussie
    7PMahony
    8Barron
    9CGleeson
    10Moran
    11PauricMahony
    21Maurice
    13SBennett
    14Brick
    15DFives

D fives in for Stephen Bennett the only change?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement