Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread - **MOD NOTE POST #1**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭enoughtaken

WvOffaly
    1SOK
    2SFives
    3Coughlan
    4Connors
    5DeBurca
    6Aussie
    7PMahony
    8Barron
    9CGleeson
    10Moran
    11PauricMahony
    21Maurice
    13SBennett
    14Brick
    15DFives

I would have liked a few more changes. Ryan, Curran or o halloran given a chance. How will the team picked line out ? Should beat Offaly well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Deisedozzer

PTH2009 wrote: »
    WvOffaly
    1SOK
    2SFives
    3Coughlan
    4Connors
    5DeBurca
    6Aussie
    7PMahony
    8Barron
    9CGleeson
    10Moran
    11PauricMahony
    21Maurice
    13SBennett
    14Brick
    15DFives

Very disappointing team, it seems nothing has been learned from the Cork game but unfortunately many of us expected this. Derek's loyalty to players who are not doing it will be the stick he will be beaten with this year.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

KevIRL wrote:
    D fives in for Stephen Bennett the only change?

If Stephen hadn't been injured there would have been no changes. There must have been a magic improvement in training in the last 10 days for the same side to be picked. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tomm123

WvOffaly
    1SOK
    2SFives
    3Coughlan
    4Connors
    5DeBurca
    6Aussie
    7PMahony
    8Barron
    9CGleeson
    10Moran
    11PauricMahony
    21Maurice
    13SBennett
    14Brick
    15DFives

Unbelievable how Brick and Moran are still starting, im a huge fan of brick and what he's done for the county but his legs are gone, we have no pace what so ever and no goal threat bar Maurice, This game could be a lot closer than many people think. Also Shane Bennet got injured at training and is doubtful for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Deise Gael

KevIRL wrote: »
    D fives in for Stephen Bennett the only change?

Well come on now you hardly expected changes.

Our 25 to 30 point victory over Offaly will be used to remain the status quo.

Don't know anything about Eoin Murphy but from experience Fergal is never going to offer an alternative view so he's the ultimate foil for Derek.

The optics suit Derek but it's obviously nothing has changed

Onwards and backwards!

Plus ca change.. and all that!

Overall hugely disappointing from the two new guys!

tomm123 wrote:
    Unbelievable how Brick and Moran are still starting, im a huge fan of brick and what he's done for the county but his legs are gone, we have no pace what so ever and no goal threat bar Maurice, This game could be a lot closer than many people think. Also Shane Bennet got injured at training and is doubtful for Saturday.

Shane Bennett being injured would be a blessing in disguise, brings nothing to the team . Curran Ryan or O Halloran will all score points . Kevin Moran looked as slow as boat against cork and looks like the legs are gone . He owes us nothing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Shane Bennett being injured would be a blessing in disguise, brings nothing to the team .

what a dickhead thing to post. Nice and classy.

Gavlor wrote:
    what a dickhead thing to post. Nice and classy.

It's called an opinion, if you disagree with it then respond to it and tell me why he should be in the team instead of your " classy" reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

I would hatevto be a sun on the panel playing well with little chance of starting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

deiseman17 wrote: »
    Lads the issue regarding Mc Grath and the slagging from both sides of the fence is borderline embarrassing and very annoying to read. Theres more to life than that and can we focus on the team and debate about them? Realistically Mc Grath is gone this year unless he wins an All-Ireland so get behind this team as there still is a bright future for the lads all coming into their prime age so relax one bad year (if we get knocked out in qualifiers) does not define this team!
    one bad year ,are you ****&^%g joking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,935 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Offaly at 14/1 seems like a good bet with the team that was named by us and with Shane Bennett possibly ruled out too it could go anyway if Offaly get a good start. Looks like were going defensive again :(:(:(:(:(

On another topic the munster minor semi finals were played over the last 2 days and Clare beat Limerick in extra time and tonights match between Tipp and Cork will go to a replay. We must of been a good bit behind all those sides

Our Under 21s play Cork this night 2 weeks (Thurs 13th July) in the munster semi final and this is by no means the predicted one sided game for us that most of us said it would be when the draw was made. Expecting Cork too be quite strong. Limerick are the team too beat this year in the under 21

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

It's called an opinion, if you disagree with it then respond to it and tell me why he should be in the team instead of your " classy" reply.

I don't think it matters who you name as an inside forward on that team the way we set up, they'll get no ball and do nothing as the ball just flies over their heads time and again.

When was the last time an inside forward played a stormed for us at senior level?

WvOffaly
    1SOK
    2SFives
    3Coughlan
    4Connors
    5DeBurca
    6Aussie
    7PMahony
    8Barron
    9CGleeson
    10Moran
    11PauricMahony
    21Maurice
    13SBennett
    14Brick
    15DFives
    christ above

Shane Bennett being injured would be a blessing in disguise, brings nothing to the team . Curran Ryan or O Halloran will all score points . Kevin Moran looked as slow as boat against cork and looks like the legs are gone . He owes us nothing though.

Shane is a deadly hurler, looks burned out, I said that when the fitzgibbon was on a few months ago (on one of the banned accounts lol). In fairness all he needs is a good break to get him hungry & get that spark back again. Mcgrath's system dosent do him any favours either, imagine an inside 3 of Shane Stevie and Paddy, being aloud to hurl. We can dream I suppose. Morans day is well gone, didn't think I needed bother pointing it out, the whole DLS connection again for ya. I'm telling ya lads for the quality of young hurlers between 19-22 now available to us both on and off the senior panel, it's depressing watching waterford under McGrath, I can't wait until he's gone. Peter Queally should have got the job from day 1, mid county, no politics, good head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Whether he deserves a place on the team or not is irrelevant when you have a "supporter" wishing an injury on the chap. He's giving up living his early 20's to represent his county and you're sitting on your hole hoping he's injured.

• Advertisement

Gavlor wrote:
    Whether he deserves a place on the team or not is irrelevant when you have a "supporter" wishing an injury on the chap. He's giving up living his early 20's to represent his county and you're sitting on your hole hoping he's injured.

I'm wishing injury on no one. I'll rephrase it so . A blessing in disguise if he was unavailable. I wish no injury on any player . My problem with him is his lack of scores when he gets ball . Not his work rate. He only strikes well off one side and defenders push him on to his weaker side

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Deise Gael

There's a serious issue now with Waterford hurling and the talented U21s.

The most talented are pissed off looking at the same old same old under Derek.

Why did Tom Devine walk away? He was a sub in 2014 and still a sub in 2017

It's time to call it now, the undroppables are SOK, Noelie, Barry Coughlan, Philip Mahony, Austin Gleeson, Kevin Moran, Paudie Mahony.

It doesn't really matter how these lads perform, their places are nailed on.

Why would any young talented Waterford lad hanging around on the McGrath's panel stick around?

The most disappointing thing is that McGrath now has two extra yes men to buffet him, unlike Philly Maher and Philip Murphy.

I knew what we were going to get from Hartley but obviously Eoin Murphy is of the same ilk.

At the very least Hartley should not even be considered next year for the Waterford job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

Gavlor wrote:

I'm wishing injury on no one. I'll rephrase it so . A blessing in disguise if he was unavailable. I wish no injury on any player . My problem with him is his lack of scores when he gets ball . Not his work rate. He only strikes well off one side and defenders push him on to his weaker side

Shane is one of many changes that should have been made the from the last day. Funny that Stephen was actually our best forward until he lost his head and was taken off. Only one forced change after that dire performance? it really doesn't look good. Hard to know what McGrath is thinking. Obviously Murphy and Hartley haven't provided much of an alternative view. It's a case of Einsteins old definition of insanity again. I'm well and truly baffled this time. Maybe Mullane was right and we were better off getting KK in this round, they would have put us to the sword and the rest of us out of our misery. Better off we get them or Tipp the next day, assuming we get over Offaly of course. I'm fed up of looking at this nonsense to be honest

Deise Gael wrote: »
    There's a serious issue now with Waterford hurling and the talented U21s.

The most talented are pissed off looking at the same old same old under Derek.

Why did Tom Devine walk away? He was a sub in 2014 and still a sub in 2017

It's time to call it now, the undroppables are SOK, Noelie, Barry Coughlan, Philip Mahony, Austin Gleeson, Kevin Moran, Paudie Mahony.

It doesn't really matter how these lads perform, their places are nailed on.

Why would any young talented Waterford lad hanging around on the McGrath's panel stick around?

The most disappointing thing is that McGrath now has two extra yes men to buffet him, unlike Philly Maher and Philip Murphy.

I knew what we were going to get from Hartley but obviously Eoin Murphy is of the same ilk.

At the very least Hartley should not even be considered next year for the Waterford job!

If he's trying to tap up Hartly for the job & Hartly gets it I'd nearly change aligence to Cork, there's enough good mangers currently available outside of Waterford, which I think we need, 0% favouritism 0% politics, 100% back to proper hurling. We have the players to do it. That's the only way we will ever see Liam coming across the bridge in town again. If the current bullsh#t continues to carry on we will be waiting another 58 years

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Mulbert

tomm123 wrote:
    If he's trying to tap up Hartly for the job & Hartly gets it I'd nearly change aligence to Cork, there's enough good mangers currently available outside of Waterford, which I think we need, 0% favouritism 0% politics, 100% back to proper hurling. We have the players to do it. That's the only way we will ever see Liam coming across the bridge in town again. If the current bullsh#t continues to carry on we will be waiting another 58 years

Who is tapping Hartley up for "the job"? Fergal Hartley has a good job.

• Advertisement

Deise Gael wrote:

From your undropables, I think it would be a good idea to drop SOK, Noelle, Paudie Mahony and Austin Gleeson. This will without doubt strengthen the team.

Mulbert wrote: »
    From your undropables, I think it would be a good idea to drop SOK, Noelle, Paudie Mahony and Austin Gleeson. This will without doubt strengthen the team.

Surely the most unstoppable man we have is Moran? He could be in a wheelchair with two broken legs and still get named to start.

Ropaire wrote:
    Surely the most unstoppable man we have is Moran? He could be in a wheelchair with two broken legs and still get named to start.

Yes, we should also drop Moran, Walsh, Barron, the other Mahony and one of the Fives for good measure!

Mulbert wrote: »
    Yes, we should also drop Moran, Walsh, Barron, the other Mahony and one of the Fives for good measure!

The last time we dropped most of these lads (can't remember the full starting team) was against Galway in the league, that didn't go so badly until McGrath sent on the A team...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

1 to 15 the team named are all good hurlers. Some of them played poorly the last day but im sure they will be determined to improve on their showing this saturday and for the rest of the year.

The problem is mcgrath keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Poor maurice has had years of being a one man full forward line competing against two and sometimes three backs to win poor quality ball. It hasnt worked and look at the team named for sunday - who will be close to maurice. Maybe shane bennett. Thats it. So again we are not going to go 15 on 15 and while offaly are so poor they shouldnt be an obstacle the end is near for our year.

Offaly (SHC qualifier v Waterford): James Dempsey; Ben Conneely, Dermot Shortt, Pat Camon; Sean Gardiner, Aiden Treacy, David King; Sean Ryan, Joe Bergin; Paddy Murphy, Shane Kinsella, Emmett Nolan; James Mulrooney, Shane Dooley, Oisin Kelly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 160 ✭✭crottys lake

Best of luck to management team and players. Hope plenty will travel to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

We are some shower of complainers. I would have hated to have read the stuff said when Justin or Davy were in charge. Honestly we are are biggest shower of sadcases on this forum. From what has been said the last 18 months is just the same shi* over and over again.
    Let's get this straight, SOK is undroppable....fair enough it was 50/50 between him Iggy before the game but wasn't his selection justified by his performance? The 2 Mahony's....first when have you seen Philip have a really bad game? He always gives 7/10 and that's what you want..someone solid
    Paudie Mahony was unbelievable in the AI series last year, he had one bad game the last day and people are calling for him to be dropped. Come off it
    Gleeson is our star player, he got taken off the last day and that could be his wake up call, we don't need to drop him altogether...he'll be as disappointed as anyone else. He lives and breads hurling and fellas here are saying he's like Ronaldo prima donna...come off it.
    I agree Moran was poor and should have been taken off, he needs 2 big games in the next 2 weeks as well as Brick...I dunno hoe many times the Brick has been written off but he comes back every time.
    Get behind the team, enough about the manager, he's leaving at the end of the season more than likely. There are about 300 pages of complaints about him...christ like leave him get on with the job til the end of the season and then ye can give your rants. He's not going anywhere til then.
    I would like to see some new faces introduced too and I don't think that's the real starting team that we'll see tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Therustynail

Yes I agree really don't think that will be the team to line out. Best of luck to all involved on Saturday. At the end of the day, these are amateur sportspeople sacrificing a lot to play inter-county hurling. The level of personal attacks on management and players on this forum is embarrassing. Why would one want to get involved in such a thankless job? Hoping the team get some momentum built for a long summer. No one goes out to have a bad game but some times it happens. Lets get behind whoever lines out in the blue and white. Deise abu

• Advertisement

A defeat 2morrow and McGrath will resign immediately after the game id say

Never mind all the BS Kevin Ryan is saying in the media about 'trying too avoid a slaughtering' etc. He's going to have the Offaly lads fired up and there tactics could work out well against us and there at home.

Looking forward too the game but worried as the reaction to the team named is not good

PTH you'd be worried if we were playing the Offaly u7s tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭fuinneamh

@Deise2012 We're all mad for Waterford to win and we'll be there on the terraces cheering the team on but there's a couple of fundamentals that mean it's very hard to be confident of an All Ireland win. Without wanting to bash Derek McGrath the man, a lot of these are decisions of his own making. In my eyes these are the 3 main issues effecting us at the moment.
    • No risk of being dropped for the first 15. 1-9 are cast in stone. The best Cody teams and Tipp last year always had great genuine competition for places.
    • Even though we went "orthodox" against Cork, we still play 1 man full forward lines and our half forward line are quasi midfielders. To counter attack we need genuine pacey runners to transition from midfield. Dunford, BOH and Tommy Ryan are the candidates but all lie on the bench. In contrast we've Brick,Moran and Mahoney playing as these half forwards. While great in the air, on breaking ball and skill wise. They all lack real dynamic athleticism and they are never going to create the goal chances running from deep that Eddie Brennan for example could. If we maintain our packing of the middle third, I don't think we can play these 3 players above midfield anymore and be genuinely creative in the final 3rd.
    • We've lost genuine mobility and as a result lost our swarm defense from 2 years ago. The reason for this is that they've all put on too much weight as a result of getting "blown out of it" by KK in the 2015 semi. Weight training is essential but you can get stronger without putting on weight. Cork killed us for mobility the last day and no matter what sport it is, pace always wins.

FWIW for the rest of the year I would play a 3-4 man full forward line congesting the D and crowd our own half. Then play Stoke City tactics with long balls into the D. Brick winning dirty ball and feeding the Bennetts and Patrick Curran for goals. With our lack of mobility I feel this is our best way of beating teams this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭cascade12

fuinneamh wrote: »
    @Deise2012 We're all mad for Waterford to win and we'll be there on the terraces cheering the team on but there's a couple of fundamentals that mean it's very hard to be confident of an All Ireland win. Without wanting to bash Derek McGrath the man, a lot of these are decisions of his own making. In my eyes these are the 3 main issues effecting us at the moment.
    • No risk of being dropped for the first 15. 1-9 are cast in stone. The best Cody teams and Tipp last year always had great genuine competition for places.
    • Even though we went "orthodox" against Cork, we still play 1 man full forward lines and our half forward line are quasi midfielders. To counter attack we need genuine pacey runners to transition from midfield. Dunford, BOH and Tommy Ryan are the candidates but all lie on the bench. In contrast we've Brick,Moran and Mahoney playing as these half forwards. While great in the air, on breaking ball and skill wise. They all lack real dynamic athleticism and they are never going to create the goal chances running from deep that Eddie Brennan for example could. If we maintain our packing of the middle third, I don't think we can play these 3 players above midfield anymore and be genuinely creative in the final 3rd.
    • We've lost genuine mobility and as a result lost our swarm defense from 2 years ago. The reason for this is that they've all put on too much weight as a result of getting "blown out of it" by KK in the 2015 semi. Weight training is essential but you can get stronger without putting on weight. Cork killed us for mobility the last day and no matter what sport it is, pace always wins.

FWIW for the rest of the year I would play a 3-4 man full forward line congesting the D and crowd our own half. Then play Stoke City tactics with long balls into the D. Brick winning dirty ball and feeding the Bennetts and Patrick Curran for goals. With our lack of mobility I feel this is our best way of beating teams this year.
    Good intelligent post and some interesting points. I would agree about the lack of pace in the half forward line but would come at it a different way. We also need ball winners in our half forward line and a possible combination of Moran and Aussie on the wings with Mahony in the middle could give us a combination of both pace and an aerial threat. Moran had a bad day at the office last time out but does not lack pace. I agree that Brick on the edge of the square might not be a bad idea with his ability to win ball and lay it off. I think that Tommy Ryan and Dunford could be good impact subs when the pace has slackened off in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭fuinneamh

cascade12 wrote: »
    Good intelligent post and some interesting points. I would agree about the lack of pace in the half forward line but would come at it a different way. We also need ball winners in our half forward line and a possible combination of Moran and Aussie on the wings with Mahony in the middle could give us a combination of both pace and an aerial threat. Moran had a bad day at the office last time out but does not lack pace. I agree that Brick on the edge of the square might not be a bad idea with his ability to win ball and lay it off. I think that Tommy Ryan and Dunford could be good impact subs when the pace has slackened off in the second half.

This is where I must respectfully disagree. Moran has pace but not the requisite pace or footwork for our game plan. You'll see Moran running from deep and popping a point and commentators say that he's a great running threat. To be a running threat you got to have pace right? From my point of view, he's normally getting passed the ball in behind the defensive cover. this means we've a 3V2 or 4V3 and we're settling for a point every time. If any of Brick/Moran/Mahoney had genuine pace they'd burn the cover and create an overlap. This is where you generate your goal chances with our game plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭cascade12

fuinneamh wrote: »
    This is where I must respectfully disagree. Moran has pace but not the requisite pace or footwork for our game plan. You'll see Moran running from deep and popping a point and commentators say that he's a great running threat. To be a running threat you got to have pace right? From my point of view, he's normally getting passed the ball in behind the defensive cover. this means we've a 3V2 or 4V3 and we're settling for a point every time. If any of Brick/Moran/Mahoney had genuine pace they'd burn the cover and create an overlap. This is where you generate your goal chances with our game plan.
    Ok, we will agree to disagree. While we need more pace in the HF line we also need ball winners and players with defensive capabilities as well. To my mind both Moran and Aussie offer both, being defensively minded as well as an attacking threat going forward. Perhaps someone like Tommy Ryan as a roving corner forward to create that overlap?

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    We are some shower of complainers. I would have hated to have read the stuff said when Justin or Davy were in charge. Honestly we are are biggest shower of sadcases on this forum. From what has been said the last 18 months is just the same shi* over and over again.
    Let's get this straight, SOK is undroppable....fair enough it was 50/50 between him Iggy before the game but wasn't his selection justified by his performance? The 2 Mahony's....first when have you seen Philip have a really bad game? He always gives 7/10 and that's what you want..someone solid
    Paudie Mahony was unbelievable in the AI series last year, he had one bad game the last day and people are calling for him to be dropped. Come off it
    Gleeson is our star player, he got taken off the last day and that could be his wake up call, we don't need to drop him altogether...he'll be as disappointed as anyone else. He lives and breads hurling and fellas here are saying he's like Ronaldo prima donna...come off it.
    I agree Moran was poor and should have been taken off, he needs 2 big games in the next 2 weeks as well as Brick...I dunno hoe many times the Brick has been written off but he comes back every time.
    Get behind the team, enough about the manager, he's leaving at the end of the season more than likely. There are about 300 pages of complaints about him...christ like leave him get on with the job til the end of the season and then ye can give your rants. He's not going anywhere til then.
    I would like to see some new faces introduced too and I don't think that's the real starting team that we'll see tomorrow
    Mc Grath out ,NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

I heard that Waterford have a play book like an NFL or rugby team, is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chookieourlaw

Deise_2012 wrote: »

This is coming from a man who told all the Mcgrath doubters to hold their fire till June, inferring that we would all be proved wrong. Now he is basically telling us that we should still not voice our concerns about the direction the team are being led in and that we are just a shower of complainers, even though what we predictedd would happpen did happen. Not only that but this noble citizen has belittled many of the posters here who dared contradict his own righteous views.
    Basically man, you think you know it all, but you haven't a f****** clue and the results in the league and championship this year have proven that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

I feel it amazing that after playing very poorly the last day we haven't had chances. Tipp enforced five changes. We had none. Not a lot of the sub's happy I'd say.

This is coming from a man who told all the Mcgrath doubters to hold their fire till June, inferring that we would all be proved wrong. Now he is basically telling us that we should still not voice our concerns about the direction the team are being led in and that we are just a shower of complainers, even though what we predictedd would happpen did happen. Not only that but this noble citizen has belittled many of the posters here who dared contradict his own righteous views.
    Basically man, you think you know it all, but you haven't a f****** clue and the results in the league and championship this year have proven that...

You've held more keyboards that hurleys in your lifetime I'm betting fella :)

:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Deisedozzer

Looking forward to heading to Tullamore tomorrow, great stadium and a change from monotony of Thurles.

We need a decent performance and a good scoring total in light of likely greater challenges ahead. Really hoping we will see some changes from team named but not holding my breath.

This isn't a game where we can be happy scraping over the line, we need a morale boosting win and to get out there and take the game on as we should have done v Cork. Does McGrath have it in him to set up a team to attack?

Prob won't make a difference but Laois are playing Clare in the football at 3pm in Port Loaise so possibly there may be heavy traffic around the area as i think you have too pass Port Laoise on the way too Tullamore

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

Prob won't make a difference but Laois are playing Clare in the football at 3pm in Port Loaise so possibly there may be heavy traffic around the area as i think you have too pass Port Laoise on the way too Tullamore
    If you're worried about traffic in portlaoise, head
    South on the m7 for one stop and come off at exit 16 and can go cross country to mountmellick. Doubt there'll be a big crowd in portlaoise. The bandwagon in Laois rolled out of town a few years ago. They get shocking bad support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

If you're worried about traffic in portlaoise, head
    South on the m7 for one stop and come off at exit 16 and can go cross country to mountmellick. Doubt there'll be a big crowd in portlaoise. The bandwagon in Laois rolled out of town a few years ago. They get shocking bad support.
    Srry head north from exit 17 to exit 16.

Srry head north from exit 17 to exit 16.

In Durrow now stuck behind a tractor lol

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

There is an assumption Derek McGrath is leaving after this year but his most recent contract doesn't run out until the end of 2019.

Therefore this time next year we may still be seeing Waterford play with a two man full forward line, not creating goal scoring chances, good players that have come up through underage like DJ Foran, Conor Prunty, etc not being given opportunity's while other players are been flogged, hearing self defeatist talk like they're 5yrs behind Tipperary, too much national media talk using uncommon convoluted words that sound out of place, lack of confidence among supporters with the direction the team is heading in and hearing accusations of not getting behind the team or been bitter when pointing out issues with the set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

Lord help us and save us from the mayhem in Portlaoise... how will we survive such an event lol

robopaddy2 wrote: »
    Lord help us and save us from the mayhem in Portlaoise... how will we survive such an event lol

Yeah Its manic up here lol
    May of overreacted on the traffic thing although there was heavy traffic in abbeylix

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement