Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread - **MOD NOTE POST #1**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Not sure if people have seen this before but some lovely footage of the last all Ireland win:

http://www.rte.ie/archives/2015/0806/719607-waterford-are-all-ireland-hurling-champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,115 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

KevIRL wrote: »
    Kilkenny Team v Waterford. 1 E Murphy- 2 P Murphy- 3 P Walsh- 4 J Holden- 5 C Fogarty- 6 C Buckley- 7 J Lyng- 8 M Fennelly- 9 P Deegan- 10 C Bolger- 11 W Walsh- 12 T J Reid- 13 R Hogan- 14 C Fennelly- 15 G Aylward.16 R Reid- 17 K Joyce- 18 S Prendergast- 19 R Lennon- 20 L Ryan- 21 O Walsh- 22 K Kelly- 23 J Farrell- 24 M Bergin- 25 L Blanchfield- 26 R Leahy.

Very strong team 2morrows going too be a long night for us if they all click

Best of luck too the Wateford team and management. Hope we finally bury the hoodoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Not liking our team selection reeks of playing with fear and defensive. I'd like to see Curran come on at some point he's a lovely hurler a bit slight but accurate which is something we badly need. Being honest not confident at all of winning tmr feel KK may really hit form tomorrow and i worry we can't match it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

PTH2009 wrote: »
    There even more confident in Kilkenny now after seeing our team

Another year being knocked out by the cats

Next year's championship is looking like it will be completely different (5 team Munster championship league thing, home and away games, earlier dates etc) and there's a very good chance we will have a new management team and sum players may be gone ???.

The same negative ****e out of you with years and years why don't you give us all a break from it until after the match at least. Let the rest of us look forward to it with some sort of hope even if you can't.

It's as irritating as it is boring

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tramore84

robopaddy2 wrote: »
    The same negative ****e out of you with years and years why don't you give us all a break from it until after the match at least. Let the rest of us look forward to it with some sort of hope even if you can't.

It's as irritating as it is boring

Its good to have alternative viewpoints, i don't find it irritating or boring.

Deise Abu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭davidx40

If ye cant beat this kilkenny team then people have really over rated this waterford team .....im a life long kk fan was at limerick match it was painful to watch ...junior b on a bad day ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KKalltheway

That's b******t, if you think Fennelly, Buckley, Murphy, Walsh, Tj performed to a standard similar to junior b (on a bad day) I would have to question your knowledge of hurling!! Stupid statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

This still a really good KK side, some kk folk won't admit that they haven't been hurling well they're writing them off as a bad side, because they want to have the excuses ready if they lose but still stick the knife in if they win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Word on KK thread is that their team is a dummy team. 3 changes expected.

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Word on KK thread is that their team is a dummy team. 3 changes expected.

yeah just going to post that

any word on our team being a dummy team too ??? Cody winning the mind games already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Joyce, Kelly and Leahy/Blanchfield Id say

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Alpha Centauri

hope Someone rips this match and posts it online !! I like to watch it when i get home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Cody winning the mind games already

You are too much. Cody winning the 'movement' games already' cause of a couple of posts from random people on the internet. How?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Deisedozzer

Huge crowd here, looks to be a good Waterford crowd. We'll know a lot more about Derek and this management team in four hours time, hopefully we can get this 58 year monkey off our backs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Brick hits the net just on ht, mostly on top and kk not at the races at all.
    For the love of god now just hold it lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

This is a brutal game to watch, Kilkenny are useless so far and we're not much better despite no player losing to his man anywhere across the field. Half want to go at them and rip them apart and half want to make sure we win by keeping it tight. Two or three pacy forwards running at their backs would do a lot of damage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Ropaire wrote: »
    This is a brutal game to watch, Kilkenny are useless so far and we're not much better despite no player losing to his man anywhere across the field. Half want to go at them and rip them apart and half want to make sure we win by keeping it tight. Two or three pacy forwards running at their backs would do a lot of damage

Awful game, I couldn't go and boy am I happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,406 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Listening to the commentary on WLR at half time and the lads are nearly praying to their patron saints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Waterford should be out of sight

Kk struggling massively for paxr....Either bring on dunford or out shame Bennett.....gleeson is on the brink of running riot on his own here

Unless kk can improve beyond recognition in the second half...and assuming waterford don't blunder....I'd can't see them losing this

Possibly win by 8pts

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Picky owner

Just can't beat the cats can they?must be in the head.

• Advertisement

Fuçk :(

If they can get put of this....it'll be the making of that team

Deosnt look likely now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭Mulbert

Why the **** didn't gleeson hit the free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

mcgraths future rest on this next 20 minutes , no way should waterford let this slip from 7 points up with less then 10 minutes left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

lost for words, almost the same as last year.

We're never going too beat them are we ???

Wouldn't it be great if we had a management team who knew what the **** they were doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Well done lads, ye have finally, finally beaten us. Much the better team this evening, and that's an understatement. Best of luck in the quarter-final.

Gavlor wrote: »
    What a shower of bottlers

Bit of redemption. By far the better team but almost lost it on the line. They just aren't capable of backing themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Appalling to see the loss of hope by some "supporters" here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭Mulbert

9 presidents, ten taoiseachs and 4 currency changes.... Enjoy it boys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Shouldn't have blown that 8 point lead but credit the lads they were fantastic in ET.

Appalling to see the loss of hope by some "supporters" here.

Ah yeah, a 7 point lead and no scores for the last ten minutes of the game with fill you with hope

Yessss thought we blew it

Going to be a good night in Waterford

I think there's going to be a draw either way for the qfs. Wexford or clare/Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well done,Decies. Fantastic win, but the do put their supporters through the wringer.

Incredible that the worst thing said about the Waterford team here come from Waterford supporters, one user saying that it would be a blessing if Shane Bennett got injured, another calling Waterford a shower of bottlers!

Hurlers on the ditch!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

Woooowwww hoodoo. That is all. Hon da Déise!

Gavlor wrote: »
    Ah yeah, a 7 point lead and no scores for the last ten minutes of the game with fill you with hope

That's not the point.

Brilliant to beat kk

Taught I'd never live to see it....given getting knocked out year in,year out
    Have been as good as them with a bit

Unreal to finally do it....really really enjoyed it

Not to be too pessimistic though. ....perform like that vs cork,clare or wexford and we won't win....big improvements needed for 2 weeks time

That's not the point.

If you're referring to the negativity in general then I'd sort of agree with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Congrats to the Deise!

Finally getting that win against KK in the Championship must be a great feeling!!

It was a real roller coaster ride. One min I thought ye had it then I thought ye blew it and then back again!!

Jesus lads that was a fn hard game to watch. Deighted with the win, congrats to the team and management on finally getting that monkey off the back.

Far from McGraths biggest fan and feel we should have won well in normal time, I hope he changes our approach for the next game because this defensive stuff is costing us when it shouldn't. Suicidal stuff throwing away a 7 point lead and way too many wides and shots dropping short for this level. Hopefully this result gives the players a bit of belief though, the score they put up in extra time was great to see and really impressed with Barrons play in particular, he took that goal really well and we have a few players on the bench capable of similar if given the chance. That's for another day sure, gona enjoy this one as it's a long time coming, up the Deise!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭SW1985

If I hear another person moan about the sweeper I'll crack up. Extra man around full back line is worth its weight in gold. Playing 3 on 3 there is suicidal these days.

Delighted, what a day! Congratulations to the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Congrats to the Deise. Better team won. It's been a long time coming. Hope ye can go all the way now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Class and well deserved! All over us for 70% of the game, was nail biting stuff in to extra time but Waterford deserved every bit of it. Pure hard-work and effort. Extra time showed the hunger!

Quarter final pairings

Waterford win, Tipperary win, Clare win = Draw to decide who Cork and Wexford face.

Waterford win, Tipperary win, Cork win = Draw to decide who Clare and Wexford face.

Going too enjoy a pint when where home. Lots of abusive Kilkenny fans in our section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TGV

Finally we see some fight and determination to match the promise. Thought the comments on Dillon all week were way off the mark he may not score much but he is effective in holding up the ball and had a good game. Brick also was super as always and it was only when these two went off did the performance drop I.e the last 15 mins

Well done to Waterford tonight they are improving with every game, it's nice to win tonight but let's not stop here.

On a separate note the ref was poor tonight, I thought the 2nd KK goal was a free out and the final free to Waterford in the last min of normal time was a joke.

Well done Deise people!What a great match and a well deserved win. It's a shame to hear that some KK fans were abusive. We had our season in the sun and hopefully will again but I don't think anyone should begrudge ye the glory tonight. Hope ye go all the way to Croker now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Congratulations to waterford tonight best of luck for the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Deiseland

Ropaire wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be great if we had a management team who knew what the **** they were doing

Why wat was wrong with management team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

I don't get all this "epic" and "great match" talk; I thought it was turgid from start to finish in all honesty.
    Waterford undoubtedly the better team - choked a fair bit in normal time but recovered the bearings well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement