Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread - **MOD NOTE POST #1**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

robopaddy2 wrote: »
    The 1998 win against Tipp there is a day I will always remember. First win against one of the 'big counties' in my lifetime after years in the duldrums

Yep. The 04 Munster semi v Tipp as well. Paul O Brien 'the little gem from Tallow' coming off the bench to score the winning goal. That came is often forgotten in the 04 victory with the hammering of Clare and the epic Munster Final getting more attention.

Obviously the 02 Munster Final there never to be forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

I had a chuckle at Henry Shefflin claiming that it was more a case of Kilkenny running out of gas in extra-time than Waterford driving on. Yes Henry, they did run out of gas. They put 30 minutes of effort into the last ten minutes of normal time. There was no way they were going to be the team that lost to Waterford after 58 years and, aided by the referee deciding to allow Colin Fennelly bulldoze his way through the Waterford backs then throw the ball past Stephen O'Keeffe for TJ Reid to tap it in, that effort almost got them off the hook. All that effort - and they are now the team that lost to Waterford after 58 years. You only had to look at the desolation on the Killinan End at the end to see that this was an almighty kick in their collective stones, the poor crayturs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

We scored 2-8 in extra time, Id love to know what his definition of driving on is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Cake Man wrote: »
    I don't think so, in that scenario there would still be a draw (Cork and Galway in one bowl, Waterford and Clare in the other). I don't think it matters that Clare played Cork more recently than us.

As I understand it:
    Waterford and Tipp win = draw as described above
    Waterford and Clare win = draw as described above
    Wexford and Tipp win = Wx v Cork, Tipp v Gal
    Wexford and Clare win = Wx v Cork, Clare v Gal

Anyway no point really looking much into semi final pairings, focus should be fully on Wexford on Sunday week. What team would people go with? The one that started v KK or something similar to the one that finished?

I think Maurice has likely done enough to warrant a starting spot, possibly BOH and/or Tommy Ryan too. Stephen Bennett and Curran probably haven't done enough to start. Dunford did ok but wasn't really on the field long enough.

There cannot be a repeat of provincial finalists until the all ireland final
    Waterford and Tipp win = draw as described above
    Waterford and Clare win = Waterford v Cork, Clare v Galway
    Wexford and Tipp win = Wx v Cork, Tipp v Gal
    Wexford and Clare win = Wx v Cork, Clare v Gal

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

PTH2009 wrote: »
    This will prob be Wexfords first ever championship game in Pairc Ui Chaomh ???

Wexford drew with Galway in the All-Ireland semi-final in 1976 at Páirc Uí Chaoimh and beat them in the replay at the same venue.

Like this year, Páirc Uí Chaoimh had just been redeveloped at the time and the GAA were anxious to give them a big game, partly to help out with the finances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If the rumours are true about Derek and Dublin next year after the way they played against Tipp do you think he can make a difference up there ???

They seemed to have lost interest in the game after Tipp came back after they drew level and its football central up there

KevIRL wrote: »
    One small observation. It was good for us that no one was allowed on to the pitch after the match, as they try to preserve it for tomorrow's Munster final. Celebrations would have been understandable better not to have the sight of people going nuts on the pitch for what is ultimately only a qualifier win

This is from 2008 (cant believe its 9 years ago, we beat Offaly before the game that day) and look at the way Cork celebrated winning a qualifer
    https://youtu.be/KyKg2Nmg4NE?t=264

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

One would want to be aware of the traffic situation for killeagh heading to Cork in two weeks time..

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭spideyman92

According to this page on the Wexford GAA website, tickets go on sale tomorrow for anyone interested.
    http://www.wexfordgaa.ie/2017/07/ticket-details-ireland-quarter-final-wexford-v-waterford-sunday-23rd-pairc-ui-chaoimh/

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

Mc Grath out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

According to this page on the Wexford GAA website, tickets go on sale tomorrow for anyone interested.
    http://www.wexfordgaa.ie/2017/07/ticket-details-ireland-quarter-final-wexford-v-waterford-sunday-23rd-pairc-ui-chaoimh/

Anyone seen a seating plan for the new PUC? I can't find one so could be a lottery buying tickets not knowing if it's a good or bad seat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Anyone seen a seating plan for the new PUC? I can't find one so could be a lottery buying tickets not knowing if it's a good or bad seat!

Not great but this is what the plan is for Ed Sheeran. Gives an idea of the layout anyway.

17022s.jpg

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Not great but this is what the plan is for Ed Sheeran. Gives an idea of the layout anyway.

17022s.jpg

i wonder where us season ticket holders will be seated ???

be a nice gesture if they gave us all Premium level tickets (well the ones that are unsold)

The Waterford Under 21 Hurling Team named to face Cork on Thursday night at 7:30pm in Walsh Park
    1. Billy Nolan (Roanmore)
    2. David Prendergast (Lismore)
    3. Conor Gleeson (Fourmilewater)
    4. Darragh Lyons (Dungarvan)
    5. Jordan Henley (Tallow)
    6. Conor Prunty (Abbeyside)
    7. Callum Lyons (Ballyduff Lower)
    8. Andy Molumby (Cappoquin)
    9. Colm Roche (Shamrocks)
    10. Jack Prendergast (Lismore)
    11. Cormac Curran (Brickey Rangers)
    12. Shane Ryan (De La Salle) - Capt
    13. Patrick Curran (Dungarvan)
    14. Shane Bennett (Ballysaggart)
    15. Peter Hogan (Ballygunner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

The Waterford Under 21 Hurling Team named to face Cork on Thursday night at 7:30pm in Walsh Park

Strong team. Good to see a spread of clubs too. The wests awake....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Every time I see u21 teams, or any underage teams for that matter I just think where the hell is tramore? We must have the second biggest, if not the biggest catchment area in the county and never produce an intercounty standard hurler. What the hell is wrong with the town!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

deiseach wrote: »
    I had a chuckle at Henry Shefflin claiming that it was more a case of Kilkenny running out of gas in extra-time than Waterford driving on. Yes Henry, they did run out of gas. They put 30 minutes of effort into the last ten minutes of normal time. There was no way they were going to be the team that lost to Waterford after 58 years and, aided by the referee deciding to allow Colin Fennelly bulldoze his way through the Waterford backs then throw the ball past Stephen O'Keeffe for TJ Reid to tap it in, that effort almost got them off the hook. All that effort - and they are now the team that lost to Waterford after 58 years. You only had to look at the desolation on the Killinan End at the end to see that this was an almighty kick in their collective stones, the poor crayturs :D

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here...that match should've been over at half time....kk in the first half were everybit as bad as Waterford in the 08 all Ireland

Couldn't pick up a ball,find a man with a clearance, absolutely woeful first touch

Yes it's great to beat them,won't find anyone happier than me after giving years working with south kk people in town

But by doing so well in extra time,is papering over some massive cracks,that they shouldn't have had to been in that position of extra time to begin with

We left a bigger lead than last year slip to a seriously misperforming kk team.with Richie Hogan (one of most skilful hurlers his generation) effectively nulled by injury

Were probably good enough to get if Wexford....but there would want to be a serious upturn in work rate.....it's demoralising watching Shane Bennett struggling up front on his own and Waterford seemingly happy to shoot from 60-70 yards all day

If we'd lost,which we came unecessarly close to doing,their would've been uproar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

blue note wrote: »
    Every time I see u21 teams, or any underage teams for that matter I just think where the hell is tramore? We must have the second biggest, if not the biggest catchment area in the county and never produce an intercounty standard hurler. What the hell is wrong with the town!?!

from my time have to say some of the mentors we came across underage had an awful attitude towards players, shouting and screaming, plenty of talent. noticed too that there was a good skill level, footballers kicked left and right and a couple of the lads i saw hurling underage won skills comps, three i remember made a winning tony forristal team, only one of them still playing and its not for tramore.
    No surprise a few years ago that the club ended up with their seniors playing Junior hurling and football, sad to see but not surprising.

Easy forget just how young the likes of Shane Bennett, Patrick curran and Conor gleeson are. They already seem to have been around for ages.

Best of luck to the team Thursday night. Hopefully a huge crowd there to roar them on

• Advertisement

TICKET INFORMATION FOR ALL IRELAND QUATER FINAL CLASH AGAINST WEXFORD ⚪️🔵

We are now accepting ticket orders for the Waterford v Wexford Senior Hurling Quarter-Final in Pairc Uí Chaoimh , Cork on Sunday July 23rd.

Ticket Prices are as follows:

Stand:
    Adults
    €30 in advance
    €35 match day
    Juveniles
    €5
    Student/OAP
    €30 Stand (No on the day concessions)

Terrace:
    €20 Adult
    €5 Juvenile

Packages Available Tomorrow via gaa.ie/tickets:
    €50 Package for both Quarter Final Days & €10 Juveniles (On-line only)
    €10 Club passes- Terrace Only
    Group Passes €3 Juveniles, one adult free with every 10- Very limited number- Subject to availability

All applications for tickets must be made through the club secretary on the attached order form.

Orders should be emailed to Pat Flynn (secretary.waterford@gaa.ie) or Owen Sauvage (accounts.waterford@gaa.ie) by Thursday July 13th at 5pm
    Please note tickets will not be distributed without a cheque.

Tickets will be allocated between both the North Stand (river side) and South Stand (old covered stand) and are subject to availability.

Tickets will be on general sale from tomorrow via Centra/SuperValu and On-line via gaa.ie .

#Deiseabú #Support

There were definetly 2 or 3 Tramore lads when this u21 group won the Tony Forristal in 2010

The women of summer ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Not sure exactly why myself, if I had to guess I would say Tramore is more of a soccer town. They always seem to have decent soccer teams from underage up to junior level. Lot of Tramore people also more into water based activities also but with a population of about 15k, there really should be at least a few more players filtering through. Isn't Barry Whelan the name of the lad who was on the minor/U21 team, is he still playing?

Good team for Thursday night, hopefully the lads involved the weekend are recovered and come through unscathed. Will be a tough one as Cork hurling is on a high at the moment.

TICKET INFORMATION FOR ALL IRELAND QUATER FINAL CLASH AGAINST WEXFORD ⚪️��

Stand:
    Adults
    €30 in advance
    €35 match day
    Juveniles
    €5
    Student/OAP

Terrace:
    €20 Adult
    €5 Juvenile

It's kind of poor that the ticket is still €30 like previous years when you're getting half the value with only one match being on.

Cake Man wrote: »
    Not sure exactly why myself, if I had to guess I would say Tramore is more of a soccer town. They always seem to have decent soccer teams from underage up to junior level. Lot of Tramore people also more into water based activities also but with a population of about 15k, there really should be at least a few more players filtering through. Isn't Barry Whelan the name of the lad who was on the minor/U21 team, is he still playing?

Good team for Thursday night, hopefully the lads involved the weekend are recovered and come through unscathed. Will be a tough one as Cork hurling is on a high at the moment.
    Yeah, he's one of a rare few that actually stuck with them. They lose a lot of players to the city clubs, obviously lads with ambition of progressing in the sport seem to move on. Shane McNulty being an example as far as I know is Tramore but transferred to DLS early in his underage career. Also there's another lad at Roanmore who transferred a couple years ago was one of Tramores better players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

TICKET INFORMATION FOR ALL IRELAND QUATER FINAL CLASH AGAINST WEXFORD ⚪️🔵

We are now accepting ticket orders for the Waterford v Wexford Senior Hurling Quarter-Final in Pairc Uí Chaoimh , Cork on Sunday July 23rd.

Stand:
    Adults
    €30 in advance
    €35 match day
    Juveniles
    €5
    Student/OAP

Terrace:
    €20 Adult
    €5 Juvenile

Packages Available Tomorrow via gaa.ie/tickets:
    €50 Package for both Quarter Final Days & €10 Juveniles (On-line only)
    €10 Club passes- Terrace Only
    Group Passes €3 Juveniles, one adult free with every 10- Very limited number- Subject to availability

All applications for tickets must be made through the club secretary on the attached order form.

Orders should be emailed to Pat Flynn (secretary.waterford@gaa.ie) or Owen Sauvage (accounts.waterford@gaa.ie) by Thursday July 13th at 5pm
    Please note tickets will not be distributed without a cheque.

Tickets will be allocated between both the North Stand (river side) and South Stand (old covered stand) and are subject to availability.

Tickets will be on general sale from tomorrow via Centra/SuperValu and On-line via gaa.ie .

#Deiseabú #Support
    Anyone know yet what terrace is assigned to Waterford?

MAtch tickets on sale now

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

MAtch tickets on sale now

Where, just tried the GAA website and they are not on it yet.

kilkenny31 wrote: »

Tickets.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westcork blue

Big demand, just queued for 8 minutes, over 100 ahead of me on the site. It will be a sell out. Get your Tks asap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

I dunno if anyone told ya, but Waterford won the match on Saturday.

Waiting on a season ticket email

Not sure will we get a bring a friend option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

I dunno if anyone told ya, but Waterford won the match on Saturday.

He means there's no sign of tickets for the All-Ireland final up for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Just logged on to get tickets 10min queue worse than the ginger lads singing tickets :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Waiting on a season ticket email

Not sure will we get a bring a friend option

Does you friend have to bring their own anti-depressants or do you bring enough for both of you :D

Season ticket holders will get tickets in the North Stand (old open stand)

pucseatingmap.png

danganabu wrote: »
    Does you friend have to bring their own anti-depressants or do you bring enough for both of you :D

I bring enough for both of us lol

The bring a friend option is live for this game and we can bring up too 4

dissapointed to be put into the small stand

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HangBlaa

Bring a friend tickets are poor in 402...     in general I have gotten ****e tickets with season ticket this year.
    Got 305 on tickets.ie.... far better.

HangBlaa wrote: »
    Bring a friend tickets are poor in 402...     in general I have gotten ****e tickets with season ticket this year.
    Got 305 on tickets.ie.... far better.

think all stand tickets are sold out on Tickets.ie

I got good tickets for championship games in Thurles so far this year (vs Cork Block 206 and vs Kilkenny Block 205). 402 in Cork doesnt look that bad but might hold out and see what 2 tickets were allocated on Friday ??? (ill try and get the other 2 tickets at a later date)

Luke Meade out for Cork tomorrow night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

if stand tickets are sold out on tickets.ie could they still be available through super value or centra?

Am hearing that the Blackrock terrace is the Waterford one. A few on here were asking

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

Am hearing that the Blackrock terrace is the Waterford one. A few on here were asking

Yeah just got confirmation from Club Déise. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

if stand tickets are sold out on tickets.ie could they still be available through super value or centra?
    In previous no - they seemed to have the same tickets available as anyone logging onto tickets.ie -  but it may be different this year

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DE DEISE

Are stand tickets sold out

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

DE DEISE wrote:
    Are stand tickets sold out

Only terrace tickets online but stand tickets in centra etc . The rest with county boards for club distribution probably

as usual people complaining about not getting the best tickets in the house on tickets.ie. don't you know by now the best tickets go to the clubs. Support your local clubs then you'll get access to good tickets

robopaddy2 wrote: »
    as usual people complaining about not getting the best tickets in the house on tickets.ie. don't you know by now the best tickets go to the clubs. Support your local clubs then you'll get access to good tickets

That's not true though. We've mostly got tickets behind the Waterford dugout in Thurles through tickets.ie or close to it over the last few years including this year against Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭kaiserrussel

Any where to watch the games over the weekend? The youtube link is not working

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement