Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread - **MOD NOTE POST #1**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bluelad1

So Tom Devine is such a weak character he would allow a statement to be written on his behalf and release it!!

Waterford players have proven before that they are willing to oust a manager if they deem that they are not worthy of the position. Who can blame them based on the level of commitment they need to give and sacrifices they make.

Thus it is evident that McGrath has the backing of the the team whether you like or not.

Not weak by Tom no....Derek took advantage of the situation to his own advantage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

bluelad1 wrote: »

Not weak by Tom no....Derek took advantage of the situation to his own advantage
    Lord above can we give it a rest

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waternut

Agree Robo, he is gone. Time to move on. 
    I know people who have done medicine in UCC and a lot of them have gone on similar trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

his statement was not going to be anything other than polite and gracious ,but the way i see it is ,he may as well go off on a holiday ,he is busting his balls training and then has to sit out every match while he looks on at the unfolding chaos that is Mc Grath.s brand of hurling ,watching many non scoring forwards get in ahead of him ,he will not get a game ahead of the Brick ,he knows it ,mc Grath knows it ,so its off to the sunshine

Am I reading this correctly?

you think brick walsh should not be on the Waterford team?

:eek:

the longer I watch hurling matchs the more I realise that half the lads watching haven`t the faintest idea whats going on in front of them or how things happened. they just look from the program to the scoreboard and that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

Selector turnover is quite common annually on every intercounty team

not every year its not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

do we have a decent shot at the Munster Intermediate Title this year ???, i think Tipp are not putting a team in it this year and we are playing Cork in the semi final.

It could be a big ask for the under 21s to retain the title, we play Cork at home in the semi final and if we get through that we have to travel for the final. Cork seem to be all out for the under 21 this year with a strong management panel led by John Meyler and they have already played a few games

Going by last week our minor hurlers may not be strong enough to progress to a semi final but we have 2 more chances to do it.

Dont knw a whole lot of our under 17 hurlers ???

minor footballers take on Limerick tonight in the Munster QF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

I'm not telling you here how I know but I'm telling you its fact Derek wrote it and anyone who knows him can see Derek's phrases all through it.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm convinced.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    do we have a decent shot at the Munster Intermediate Title this year ???, i think Tipp are not putting a team in it this year and we are playing Cork in the semi final.

It could be a big ask for the under 21s to retain the title, we play Cork at home in the semi final and if we get through that we have to travel for the final. Cork seem to be all out for the under 21 this year with a strong management panel led by John Meyler and they have already played a few games

Going by last week our minor hurlers may not be strong enough to progress to a semi final but we have 2 more chances to do it.

We are not in the Intermediate Championship this year..Cork only county who entered and are automatically Munster Champions...they'll get 200 All Irelands with this craic.

Waterford are playing winners of Clare and limerick under 25 teams I think which could be played prior to Munster Senior semi final...confusing stuff!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I'm not telling you here how I know but I'm telling you its fact Derek wrote it and anyone who knows him can see Derek's phrases all through it. I'm sorry there was no need to release a statement as it's fairly common knowledge Tom had this in mind since Christmas. Tom is an independent free spirited kind of fella too so nobody would have read anything sinister into it.

Surely even you can see the irony and ridiculousness of the bolded statements, or have i given you too much credit again??

danganabu wrote: »
    Surely even you can see the irony and ridiculousness of the bolded statements, or have i given you too much credit again??

Look boy believe what you want...the dogs on street know Derek wrote the statement..I actually feel sorry for you if you're so naive to believe otherwise.

• Advertisement

Look boy believe what you want...the dogs on street know Derek wrote the statement..I actually feel sorry for you if you're so naive to believe otherwise.

You will have to explain to us no canine sorts so why Devine would go along with it, you know him being an independent free spirit like??

Your agenda against McGrath is fairly obvious and funny at this stage but the fact that you fail to realise that you have actually cast serious assertions on Devine's character is quite amusing, you cant have it both ways!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Deise Gael

You will have to explain to us no canine sorts so why Devine would go along with it, you know him being an independent free spirit like??

Your agenda against McGrath is fairly obvious and funny at this stage but the fact that you fail to realise that you have actually cast serious assertions on Devine's character is quite amusing, you cant have it both ways!

I can't see where Bluelad has cast any "assertions" (sic), or even aspersions, on Tom's character.

What he has asserted about Tom however, is what many people know and that hurling is not the be all and end all for the lad.

Bluelad has also made reference to Tom's inherent modesty and decency which would never lead him to make such a self important statement referring to his absence from the Waterford set up.

Tom is comfortable enough in his own skin not to bother with that rubbish.

The question is, is our glorious leader?

Deise Gael wrote: »
    I can't see where Bluelad has cast any "assertions" (sic), or even aspersions, on Tom's character.

What he has asserted about Tom however, is what many people know and that hurling is not the be all and end all for the lad.

Bluelad has also made reference to Tom's inherent modesty and decency which would never lead him to make such a self important statement referring to his absence from the Waterford set up.

Tom is comfortable enough in his own skin not to bother with that rubbish.

The question is, is our glorious leader?

Thanks for the grammar lesson, you should be a teacher maybe??

He has claimed that Devine passed off a statement written by someone else as his own, why would Devine do that it makes fcuk all sense and only an idiot would believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭cascade12

He has claimed that Devine passed off a statement written by someone else as his own, why would Devine do that it makes fcuk all sense and only an idiot would believe it.
    Correct danganabu, but as you are aware now there are plenty idiots on here. The vast majority of hurling people in Waterford would only laugh at the likes of these clowns with agendas.

PTH2009 wrote: »

I wonder if our u21s will be back to the same old routine of underachieving on the night again this year. Last year was an exception to the norm with an exceptional group of players. This year not quite as much but still some quality lads and it's good that Sean Power has stuck around as he will try bring some of that momentum forward. We should be capable of beating a Cork side that was no great shakes at minor but like I say we are notorious underachievers in this grade. Looking at our best minors of the past few years I'd expect to see a panel featuring GK Billy Nolan/Jordan Henley backs; Conor Gleeson, Conor Prunty, Darragh Lyons, Michael Cronin, Jack Mullanney, MJ Sutton, David Prendergast, Eoghan Murray, Eddie Hayden, Callum Lyons, Forwards; Patrick Curran, Shane Bennett, Colm Roche, Cormac Curran, Peter Hogan, Shane Ryan, Andy Molumby, Aaron O'Sullivan, Neil Montgomery, Jack Prendergast,
    Plenty more I'm missing no doubt maybe someone could hazard a guess at naming a team

I'm starting to feel sorry for you at this stage...as pointed out to you above Tom is far too modest and free spirited to even dream of issuing such a statement...clearly "somebody " was starting to panic after gavin and Philip left the previous week and issued that nonsense of a statement.
    I've nothing against Derek but there are questions that need to be asked and if you want to go around like his bodyguard off with you but you're being extremely naive

cascade12 wrote: »
    Correct danganabu, but as you are aware now there are plenty idiots on here. The vast majority of hurling people in Waterford would only laugh at the likes of these clowns with agendas.

So cascade do you believe Tom wrote the statement???

I will go further than that. I know that he did. How is that for you.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

bluelad1 wrote:

Tom Devine is on twitter and Facebook, ask him there and post his answer here , he is after all an affable fellow so I'm sure he would answer. Maybe that might put an end to this spat here or maybe just take the war of words to private message instead

• Advertisement

I'm starting to feel sorry for you at this stage...as pointed out to you above Tom is far too modest and free spirited to even dream of issuing such a statement...clearly "somebody " was starting to panic after gavin and Philip left the previous week and issued that nonsense of a statement.
    I've nothing against Derek but there are questions that need to be asked and if you want to go around like his bodyguard off with you but you're being extremely naive

Save your sympathy for someone a little closer to home lad.

Nothing against Derek lol now you are taking the piss :D a quick look at your post history would suggest otherwise. If you are not man enough to admit it how can we take anything else you say seriously??

Look I'm not from Waterford and am one of a very small few here who can 100% say that I have no vested interest here and no club bias, and it is very clear that you and a few others here have a very serious vendetta against McGrath.

I feel sorry for the genuine Waterford supporters.

Tom Devine is on twitter and Facebook, ask him there and post his answer here , he is after all an affable fellow so I'm sure he would answer. Maybe that might put an end to this spat here or maybe just take the war of words to private message instead

And do you actually think that's fair to ask him??

I will go further than that. I know that he did. How is that for you.

You're telling porky pies so or else someone is telling them to you!!

You're telling porky pies so or else someone is telling them to you!!
    I will not go in to details here as to how I know but rest assured that I am correct. I think at this point it is fair to say that you have been found out with your agenda. Run along now and make up some more fantasy stories and convince yourself they are true. The only people you are fooling are the fools themselves. Try and contribute something useful to the forum.

bluelad1 wrote:

Im all for people having their opinions and debating them but this is going on for days and there is no proof that mcgrath wrote the statement, it's only conjecture without proof . Tom has left the panel and good luck to him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Probably more fair to ask him than having people on here saying he done this and that or didn't do this and that. All I know is that if I left a panel and a statement was released in my name and I didn't have knowledge of it ,I would be quick to publicly point out that the statement was not mine. He hasn't done this so we should just take it as his statement and wish him the best of luck. Move on now lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Minor footballers lost 1-10 to 0-9 in Limerick tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Save your sympathy for someone a little closer to home lad.

Nothing against Derek lol now you are taking the piss :D a quick look at your post history would suggest otherwise. If you are not man enough to admit it how can we take anything else you say seriously??

Look I'm not from Waterford and am one of a very small few here who can 100% say that I have no vested interest here and no club bias, and it is very clear that you and a few others here have a very serious vendetta against McGrath.

I feel sorry for the genuine Waterford supporters.

Well said. This thread has been a torture to read in recent times.

KevIRL wrote: »
    What's this Kev? you wouldn't be trying to poison this thread with confirmed facts actual GAA related matters now would you?

KevIRL wrote:

Played with 14 men for most of the game, apparently a ridiculous sending off . Were one point down with a minute and had a legitimate penalty turned down, then limerick went up and scored a goal. They are away to Clare next Wednesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭fowlerDgrowler

not every year its not

Yes it is, check the stats, even look at KK recently!

• Advertisement

debok wrote: »
    Probably more fair to ask him than having people on here saying he done this and that or didn't do this and that. All I know is that if I left a panel and a statement was released in my name and I didn't have knowledge of it ,I would be quick to publicly point out that the statement was not mine. He hasn't done this so we should just take it as his statement and wish him the best of luck. Move on now lads
    He had knowledge of Derek writing it

Yes it is, check the stats, even look at KK recently!

Kilkenny do not change selectors every year

I will not go in to details here as to how I know but rest assured that I am correct. I think at this point it is fair to say that you have been found out with your agenda. Run along now and make up some more fantasy stories and convince yourself they are true. The only people you are fooling are the fools themselves. Try and contribute something useful to the forum.
    You're telling lies here and trying to let on that you've some inside knowledge...cop on to yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Mulbert

The thread has turned into farce at this stage. It seems one poster, using a number of aliases has hijacked the thread with an agenda

Should be moved to After Hours or the Conspiracy forums.

Although I have a strange admiration/astonishment for the longevity and voracity of the bile and hatred shown. Its ISIS like.

I will continue to peruse for entertainment and the odd few great posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Should you not have called yourself lightbluelad1?

Who cares who wrote the statement.
    All that matters is that Waterford perform come championship. If Derek leads Waterford to Liam McCarthy (even playing that horrible style of hurling) he can write his own version of the bible for all anyone cares.

Thank god we have the club games to
    look forward to. Have a feeling DLS will get their act together this year. Dumbo is a good manager and should be able to get the best out of them. For me it's either theirs or Ballygunners title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Ok there are a lot of accusations and discontent about this thread recently.

I'm closing it temporarily so I can get to the bottom of it.

Please PM me or any of the mods with what and who you think is causing the problem.

Thanks.

Just to let you know what's happening, I am discussing this with the GAA mods and I hope to re-open the thread later today, maybe with some conditions attached.

Thanks.

Ok folks, this thread has been closed for 24 hours.

I'm re-opening it on condition that you all follow boards and forum rules.

This means that if you see something that annoys you such as a troll then you don't engage with them, you report the post and let the moderators deal with it.

If any more bickering breaks out, I'll do the same again, close the thread for a day until you all get the message.

If someone is acting the dick, let us know, we'll deal with it.

Thanks.

Thread re-opened.

Some good games in the first round of club championship. I see wins for de la Salle, Ballygunner, Roanmore and mount sion. Lismore and passage very close so maybe a draw and Dungarvan should take Abbeyside. Anyone any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Some good games in the first round of club championship. I see wins for de la Salle, Ballygunner, Roanmore and mount sion. Lismore and passage very close so maybe a draw and Dungarvan should take Abbeyside. Anyone any thoughts?

Would Mt Sion be as strong favourites as the bookies suggest against fourmilwater? Seems more even tonne

• Advertisement

Would Mt Sion be as strong favourites as the bookies suggest against fourmilwater? Seems more even tonne

First round often throws up interesting results. I'd think mount sion should be favourites but not long odds on .
    Is Jamie Barron fit yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Fred C Dobbs

Sanity has been restored !

First round often throws up interesting results. I'd think mount sion should be favourites but not long odds on .
    Is Jamie Barron fit yet ?

Jamie barron still injured and are they short Liam lawlor and brian wall too?? They're big losses

Jamie barron still injured and are they short Liam lawlor and brian wall too?? They're big losses

You are on thin ice in this thread, as is your previous account.

Post carefully from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭enoughtaken

[font=Arial, sans-serif]JJ Kavanagh & Sons Co. Senior Hurling Championship Group A[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]16/04/2017[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]14:00[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]De La Salle[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]-[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]vs[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Ballyduff Upper[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Round 1[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]15:30[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Tallow[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Ballygunner/Baile Gunnair[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Round 1[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]19:00[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Dungarvan[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Abbeyside[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Round 1[/font]

15/4/2017

[font=Arial, sans-serif]14:00[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Roanmore[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Portlaw[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Round 1[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]18:00[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Lismore[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Passage[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Round 1[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]19:30[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Mt. Sion[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Fourmilewater[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Round 1[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Can anyone confirm if Patrick Curran and Gavin Crotty are suspended for Dungarvan? If memory serves me right both got sent off after the final whistle in last years county semi final loss to Passage for abusing the official.
    For Lismore, Maurice Shanahan and another player, was it John Prendergast possibly, received reds in their All Ireland Intermediate semi final loss. Do these carry into the club championship or is that viewed as a separate competition and the players available?

DiscoStew wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if Patrick Curran and Gavin Crotty are suspended for Dungarvan? If memory serves me right both got sent off after the final whistle in last years county semi final loss to Passage for abusing the official.
    For Lismore, Maurice Shanahan and another player, was it John Prendergast possibly, received reds in their All Ireland Intermediate semi final loss. Do these carry into the club championship or is that viewed as a separate competition and the players available?

Patrick Curran and Joe Allen are suspended. Gavin crotty isn't no.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Patrick Curran and Joe Allen are suspended. Gavin crotty isn't no.

Would think that tips the balance in Abbeysides favour marginally. Especially given the loss of Kenny Moore and Eoin Healy's unavailability also.

Would think that tips the balance in Abbeysides favour marginally. Especially given the loss of Kenny Moore and Eoin Healy's unavailability also.

Abbeyside short more I hear..Gary and John hurney retired Shane donovan did his cruciate last week Brian Looby injured...both short...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

Kenny Moore is a big loss to Dungarvan - i would favour Abbeyside slightly based on who is missing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement