Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit stamp in passport with residency visa

Options
  • 28-03-2017 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I recently changed from a temporary work visa to a residency visa in Colombia. A few days ago I was flying out of the country and the immigration official pulled me aside to talk to his boss just to confirm there was nothing else needed to be done after the change in visa status. After the chat with the boss the official just handed me back my passport and told me to proceed rather than return to his cubicle to give me an exit stamp.

Very generally, I was just wondering if this was typical for residency-type visas? I know as Irish passport holders we never get exit stamps from leaving Ireland or any other EU country, and was thinking perhaps this was typical behaviour in all countries for citizens/residents. On the other hand, rules most probably change from country to country.

It's all stored electronically anyway, and I am writing an email to the ministry involved just in case.

Advertisement