Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza delivery driver insurance

Options
  • 28-03-2017 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

My car insurance company (liberty) has refused me cover for delivering pizzas.
    Does anyone know which company will allow this type of cover?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You're rocking a very big boat now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

ED E wrote: »
    You're rocking a very big boat now :pac:

thats why i am rocking it....need some advice to sort out this issue, apparently you are not covered if the garda catches you in an accident delivering pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Hi OP. No insurance in the country will insure you for delivering. It's only Domino's and Camile Thai to provide an internal driver insurance for delivery drivers here in Ireland.

Hi OP. No insurance in the country will insure you for delivering. It's only Domino's and Camile Thai to provide an internal driver insurance for delivery drivers here in Ireland.

Class 3 should cover it :

CLASS 3 – BUSINESS USE
    It will provide cover for transportation of light goods, for example, flower delivery and selling door-to-door sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

4real wrote: »
    thats why i am rocking it....need some advice to sort out this issue, apparently you are not covered if the garda catches you in an accident delivering pizzas.

Nothing to do with a Garda catching you. You are covered for Social Domestic & Pleasure Use Only, unless otherwise agreed with your insurers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

If you were to drive for Dominos, they provide your DELIVERY insurance. Its an add on to your own insurance.

If you were to drive for Dominos, they provide your DELIVERY insurance. Its an add on to your own insurance.

i dont work for Dominos, i work for a pizza place which doesnt offer this option

i dont work for Dominos, i work for a pizza place which doesnt offer this option
    If they have business insurance, see can they add it on.

they say i am responsible for my own insurance and they offer no responsibility in case of anything going wrong with my car.

Business Insurance (liability) excludes RTA cover & related accidents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Unfortunately, I think the majority of delivery drivers (outside of the large take away companies such as Dominoes) are incorrectly insured.

I'm not sure who would provide this cover in Ireland to be honest, it would be deemed extremely high risk (under time constraints i.e. quick delivery, always manoeuvring around residential areas).

Even if it is obtainable, I doubt it will be for a private car - more chance with a van.

Really the take away company should be approaching their own broker / insurer to get it done with their own van as part of their overall insurance requirements however they seem to be pushing the cost back onto you, a cost which you are unlikely to be able to find someone to provide!

Business Insurance (liability) excludes RTA cover & related accidents

When I had my company, it was included on my van.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like you had Motor Insurance for a business. Sue Pa Key Pa is talking about liability insurance.

@4real:
    A. Drive illegally
    B. Get a job that isnt a takeaway driver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Yep, but i bet it did not cover your employees in their own cars?

Skatedude wrote: »
    Yep, but i bet it did not cover your employees in their own cars?

Nope. Thats why I suggested could it be added.

Nope. Thats why I suggested could it be added.

It can't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

It can't

That's why

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

You are asking your insurer to cover

'you to drive very fast to customers homes with hot food/pizza'

That it not a risk you'll get cover easy if at all on a private motor insurance policy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

they say i am responsible for my own insurance and they offer no responsibility in case of anything going wrong with my car.
    ...in which I'd advise them to start saving up as no-one will deliver for them on those terms. ..

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

Don't wear a uniform,and even if you crash,you're just a punter with a pizza.
    Obviously rip the delivery docket off it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement