Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Broker

Options
  • 28-03-2017 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all,

Just wondering if I could get some advice/recommendation for a mortgage broker please.

I'm self employed and work from home, unfortunately I couldn't get a mortgage last year. This year i'm reapplying and hope to have better luck this time! Last time around, I needed to show 3/4 years accounts - of which the first 2 years were quite low - and therefore diluted my 'overall' income. (Just incase thats relevant!)

Anyway, now that they are less diluted and to save a little hair pulling - this time around i'm going to use a mortgage broker. A broker, who charges by taking commission from the lender. (Seemingly you can go with a broker who charges an upfront payment OR one that takes a % from the bank?)

Any recommendations or advice? I currently live in Dublin, though will be upping sticks to buy a small house in Galway.

Many Thanks

Lula

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gaylebgreen

Hi. I'd like to know if you made any progress with a broker as I'm in a very simikar pisition now.
    Thanks
    Hi all,

Just wondering if I could get some advice/recommendation for a mortgage broker please.

I'm self employed and work from home, unfortunately I couldn't get a mortgage last year. This year i'm reapplying and hope to have better luck this time! Last time around, I needed to show 3/4 years accounts - of which the first 2 years were quite low - and therefore diluted my 'overall' income. (Just incase thats relevant!)

Anyway, now that they are less diluted and to save a little hair pulling - this time around i'm going to use a mortgage broker. A broker, who charges by taking commission from the lender. (Seemingly you can go with a broker who charges an upfront payment OR one that takes a % from the bank?)

Any recommendations or advice? I currently live in Dublin, though will be upping sticks to buy a small house in Galway.

Many Thanks

Lula

Advertisement