Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toiletries for boy early teens

• 28-03-2017 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

The young lad is 12 and has a few spots on his face. I would like to get him into a good skincare routine while he's young and before his skin gets too bad with teenage hormones.

At the moment he is using a Clean & Clear foaming wash. I haven't noticed this making any difference to his skin.
    http://www.boots.ie/clean-and-clear-advantage-clear-and-soothe-foaming-wash-10160046
    He has few spots on his temples and his forehead and around his nose. But he has dryness and eczema around his eyebrows.

When I was growing up skincare for teens and spots was limited to Clearasil and Biactol. I remember Clearsil used to strip my skin, leaving it very tight and dull.

I'd like to get products which will clear up spots but not destroy his skin, and what sort of skincare routine should a boy in his early teens be following.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

La roche posay effaclar range - they have cleanser, toner, moisturiser and a spot cream (effaclar duo), not terribly cheap (€14/15 each) but can get deals on them in Boots. Good at keeping the skin clear without stripping and drying it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think used this a few years ago and I found it good!

http://www.boots.ie/boots-tea-tree-and-witch-hazel-foaming-face-wash-150ml-10125605

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Agree with Redpunto: La Roche Posay 3 step anti blemish kit.

You can pick up the kit for under €30 if you shop around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

I use the la roche posay effaclar myself and find it great but it's not cheap and can be very drying on the skin. My own 14 year old son has teenage pimples but he is too lazy/busy/not bothered to use the face washes etc. So I get him the boots own brand tea tree/witch hazel exfoliating pads and night treatment gel... minimal effort required on his part!

Advertisement