Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub grub in City centre

Options
  • 28-03-2017 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking for suggestions for somewhere to get good pub grub in the city centre on a friday afternoon, most of the places I can think of are just carvery style food, preferably somewhere that has a good choice on the menu steaks burgers pasta seafood etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

cosanostra wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking for suggestions for somewhere to get good pub grub in the city centre on a friday afternoon, most of the places I can think of are just carvery style food, preferably somewhere that has a good choice on the menu steaks burgers pasta seafood etc.

Any of the porterhouses or the River Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

cosanostra wrote:

Bull & Castle at Christchurch is excellent.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Galway Bay pubs do good food, and they're dotted around town so you'll probably end up near one - The Beer Market (Christchurch), Brew Dock (Amiens St.), Against the Grain (Wexford St.), The Black Sheep (Capel St.), Alfie Byrne's (Earlsfort Terrace).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I always like The Lotts or The Church.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You'll be looking for your time machine when you leave The Church, its like 2005 all over again in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

o sheas on gardiner street!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

O'Neills on Suffolk St. Lovely carvery and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Just what the OP has ordered!, now take it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

athtrasna wrote: »
    Any of the porterhouses or the River Bar.

Food in Porterhouses gone waaay donwhill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Lotts is good

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

cosanostra wrote: »
    I quite like Luigi Malones for this sort of thing -- not a pub but does have decent beer. Alternatively JW Sweetman has a good lunch menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

James 007 wrote: »
    Just what the OP has ordered!, now take it back!

Oops! I didnt read the OP properly, apologies. Still decent grub mind you! :pac: Plenty of options down Baggot street e.g. Doheny and Nesbitts, Foleys, they do decent non carvery menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭juno10353

The Workshop, Kennedy's next door to Tara Street Dart Station

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Slap up grub and plenty of it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,766 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Surprisingly good food in Pygmalion
    And the menu is fairly big to

Advertisement