Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Thunderbikes Donington Park

• 28-03-2017 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭

15 euro each way with Ryanair,cylinder head and various bike parts brought back in me cabin bag.Few funny looks from security staff,but got away with it.

Good days racing and nice sunny weather.Some serious machines and well funded teams at this event too.Team RST had a very impressive setup.
    Lots of crashes throughout the the day in all classes.

Gary Johnson and William Dunlop through the Craner Curves onThundersport 600 bikes was some sight and sound to behold.

More to pics to follow later,but for now,heres a sample.

DSCN0142_zpsnehnocxl.jpg

DSCN0216_zpstwfbszvs.jpg

DSCN0193_zpsptrrwbo5.jpg

DSCN0187_zpse9owyhsr.jpg

DSCN0182_zpsegedkj7o.jpg

DSCN0171_zpsrqw5ga9h.jpg

DSCN0156_zpsgqcgou30.jpg

DSCN0151_zpsxhl9xfxs.jpg

DSCN0149_zpsfidhblrv.jpg

DSCN0148_zpslxi6dfue.jpg

DSCN0146_zpsfogolst0.jpg

DSCN0144_zps1obgkoxf.jpg

DSCN0123_zpsucmthp4x.jpg

DSCN0120_zps3a7bz3l9.jpg

DSCN0115_zpsndi6ulss.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

A few more,lots more to come.

DSCN0111_zps6tyql3ki.jpg

DSCN0163_zpsdpbzcopj.jpg

DSCN0154_zpsbde4xusm.jpg

DSCN0152_zpspobvhqka.jpg

DSCN0242_zpsktceq8bh.jpg

DSCN0217_zps5n9njx2x.jpg

There were quite a few Irish lads and lasses over there.Spoke to a Thundersport 600 team who were from Ireland.
    Young lad was racing the bike.

Donington is a lovely circuit,they have sunk alot of money into it.
    Its a big circuit,the start/finish straight is quite long and the Superbikes like R1 and S1000rr,s were absolutely spanking it down to the 1st corner.

Phil Crowe on his S1000rr,some man and some machine too.

I likes how close you can get to the track,especially at the Esses and also down at bottom of the Craner Curves.

Some serious elevation change out back of track at the Craner Curves.

Huge big jumbo jet came in over the 600 race,it was that low down you allmost hit it with a stone ,if you threw 1 up at it.That plane actually took quite a few of the pit lads and teams by surprise as it came in to land.

I walked the whole circuit,and I really enjoyed the day.

Chat to Phil Crowe about head specs and cam timing after he won the Thunderbike rface on the Saturday,and he was a great chap to chat to.

Few more pics from the day.

Flying over the snow capped Welsh Mountains at 8;45am in the morning.

IMG-20170305-WA0002_zpscnaaysir.jpg

Classic Superbike race

IMG-20170325-WA0008_zpsgldqgcxf.jpg

IMG-20170305-WA0009_zpst0jqlgau.jpg

Supersport 600 race still going after sunset at 6:30pm

IMG-20170305-WA0008_zpsizh1pzxj.jpg

IMG-20170305-WA0013_zpswkrtsq9a.jpg

Phil Crowe on his 215bhp S1000rr

IMG-20170325-WA0009_zps7js0xu3p.jpg

Donington Park Track Noise Limit

IMG-20170325-WA0022_zpseqiqw8bb.jpg

Spent most of the day with Paul and his race team in the pits.Got to see up close how the race bikes are prepped for each race and different conditions.

IMG-20170325-WA0012_zpsop0ncfy0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

Donington Park Track Noise Limit

IMG-20170325-WA0022_zpseqiqw8bb.jpg

Ha ha , yep , they test everything at Donnington for noise although the track is at the end of a runway and the planes are taking off and landing all day ! Never thought of flying over for a thundersport round .

jay48 wrote: »
    Ha ha , yep , they test everything at Donnington for noise although the track is at the end of a runway and the planes are taking off and landing all day ! Never thought of flying over for a thundersport round .

BSB Round 1 is on in Donington this weekend too.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

Great photos, have been to Donnington a few times for both 2 and 4 wheeled racing and you're right, a lovely circuit.
    Shame it lost the upgrade to F1 standard bit I suppose in one sense it would have lost it's charm if had.

jvan wrote: »
    Great photos, have been to Donnington a few times for both 2 and 4 wheeled racing and you're right, a lovely circuit.
    Shame it lost the upgrade to F1 standard bit I suppose in one sense it would have lost it's charm if had.

Im glad they kept the track in its original layout.

Its an awesome track,especially out back at Craner Curves,some sight to see 30 odd superbikes and supersports spanking it through the curves.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

BSB Round 1 is on in Donington this weekend too.:D

WSB on too, and the first race of the World Supersport 300's which I'd say will be very interesting.

Advertisement