Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to record audio from PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Does the monitor have speakers or what is your sound setup?
    I presume you are getting to record sound that it is originating from the pc itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Have a watch of THIS and see if it helps.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

mordeith wrote: »
    Does the monitor have speakers or what is your sound setup?
    I presume you are getting to record sound that it is originating from the pc itself?

The monitors don't have speakers. I have speakers plugged in to green jack input at back of PC
    Yes I want to record sound originating from the PC itself :)

Have a watch of THIS and see if it helps.

Thank I will try that and get back to you

Do you also have audio jacks on the front? Seems a bit odd that nothing in the Recording tab is enabled

Do you also have audio jacks on the front? Seems a bit odd that nothing in the Recording tab is enabled

Yeah have audio (green) and mic (red) jacks in the front.

• Advertisement

Yeah have audio (green) and mic (red) jacks in the front.

Might be worth plugging speakers in there to see if it activates anything in playback / record options. Long shot to be honest

Might be worth plugging speakers in there to see if it activates anything in playback / record options. Long shot to be honest

Tried that and still no luck. I'm flummoxed.

Tried that and still no luck. I'm flummoxed.

I presume setting the second high definition audio device as default makes no difference?

I presume setting the second high definition audio device as default makes no difference?

no that just enables the internal speakers in the tower which is very low sound, but it wont activate the mic in the recording tab.

Could it be settings or that the sound card wont allow it.

I though i read somewhere that newer PCs with sound cards dont allow recording from the computer ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's nothing to do with the microphone in the sound control panel. I'm not that familiar with Audacity but in Adobe Audition you sometimes have to manually set the output/master sometimes as they're not detected properly for some reason.

Should be somewhere in the sound hardware setup options. Any PC can record from itself. I've never encountered one that couldn't.

• Advertisement

It's nothing to do with the microphone in the sound control panel. I'm not that familiar with Audacity but in Adobe Audition you sometimes have to manually set the output/master sometimes as they're not detected properly for some reason.

Should be somewhere in the sound hardware setup options. Any PC can record from itself. I've never encountered one that couldn't.

I'll try and get back to you on that :)

Advertisement