Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone app and iPad app showing different balances

• 28-03-2017 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭

this is my wife's account - the  CC balance on her iPhone app and on her iPad app are different, over €100 apart.  This is checking them side by side at the same time! Apparently this is not the first time there's been this discrepancy?

How is this possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

loyatemu wrote: »
    this is my wife's account - the  CC balance on her iPhone app and on her iPad app are different, over €100 apart.  This is checking them side by side at the same time! Apparently this is not the first time there's been this discrepancy?

How is this possible?
    Hi loyatemu, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

We're just clarifying into this for you with our Online team and will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 
    Sarah

How is this possible?
    Hi loyatemu, 

Thanks for your post here and for your patience while we clarified this for you. 

The reason for this difference in the balance is due to a timing difference of when the data is updated on each app. The balance currently updates on the mobile app earlier than the tablet app. Just to also mention, the transactions do not update on the tablet app or online over the weekend. The balance and transactions on the Credit Card are up to date as of the previous day. 

Thanks again,

Sarah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

OK it seems pretty poor that the balance shown on the app or online is not necessarily the balance on your account.  I have online banking with AIB and UB and they both appear to pull a live balance from the system (obviously some transactions take time to clear on the account itself). 

That you have separate balances stored for the iPhone app and for the iPad app, and that neither of them is the actual account balance is bizarre.

OK it seems pretty poor that the balance shown on the app or online is not necessarily the balance on your account.  I have online banking with AIB and UB and they both appear to pull a live balance from the system (obviously some transactions take time to clear on the account itself). 

That you have separate balances stored for the iPhone app and for the iPad app, and that neither of them is the actual account balance is bizarre.
    Hi loyatemu, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Please note that this difference between the Mobile app and Tablet app should not affect your Available Balance on all platforms. If this is not the case, please send your query through the Service Desk and Ask a Question option on 365 Online. 

We also have a service called Card Care which is separate to 365 Online and solely for viewing and servicing a Personal Credit Card account. The primary cardholder can register for this service and this shows your up to date balance and Pending transactions. Please find more information on this here

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement