Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wd my passport ultra failure

Options
  • 28-03-2017 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭

Xbox one no longer recognizing the external HD. Majority of my games on it so this is possibly a huge pain in the ass!
    I tried resetting Xbox which has worked in the past .
    Unplugged all leads and reset again and no joy
    Any other tips ?
    There is power to the hard drive as its lighting up and whirring

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

km79 wrote: »
    Xbox one no longer recognizing the external HD. Majority of my games on it so this is possibly a huge pain in the ass!
    I tried resetting Xbox which has worked in the past .
    Unplugged all leads and reset again and no joy
    Any other tips ?
    There is power to the hard drive as its lighting up and whirring

Hook it up to a pc, see if it's recognised there. Don't format it though, that would be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

CatInABox wrote: »
    Hook it up to a pc, see if it's recognised there. Don't format it though, that would be bad.

Your won't believe this ..........I decided I'd reinstall battlefield from disc and the HD started working again !
    I'm now transferring over the large downloaded files to internal HD so I won't be caught as badly if it goes for good

Still needs to be connected to PC and have S.M.A.R.T tests run on it for signs of failure. Is it making any clicking noise or anything?

Still needs to be connected to PC and have S.M.A.R.T tests run on it for signs of failure. Is it making any clicking noise or anything?

No noises and no access to a pc with USB 3 ports !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

No noises and no access to a pc with USB 3 ports !

You don't need USB3 ports, just any USB will do.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    You don't need USB3 ports, just any USB will do.

Oh right
    I plugged it into all 5 on the laptop last night and it didn't show up
    I'll try again later thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Oh right
    I plugged it into all 5 on the laptop last night and it didn't show up
    I'll try again later thanks

It won't show up on PC while it's formated for Xbox One use.

You would need to reformat the drive on PC in disk management. However doing this will erase the hard drive.

It won't show up on PC while it's formated for Xbox One use.

You would need to reformat the drive on PC in disk management. However doing this will erase the hard drive.

Haha, I work in IT and have completely forgotten some of the basics.

Advertisement