Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smok alien dead

Options
  • 28-03-2017 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all,

I bought a Smok alien kit 3 weeks ago and it has just died on me tonight.

It has never been dropped or anything and doesn't have even a scratch on it and the batteries charged on an external charger as I had read that charging through the device may cause issues.

Has anyone experienced this with the alien mod? Obviously very disappointing given that it is only 3 weeks old and is the only mod that I own!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Biscuit80 wrote: »
    Hi all,

It has never been dropped or anything and doesn't have even a scratch on it and the batteries charged on an external charger as I had read that charging through the device may cause issues.

Has anyone experienced this with the alien mod? Obviously very disappointing given that it is only 3 weeks old and is the only mod that I own!

Do you know what version it is? I have 2, one V.B.1.0.2, And V.1.2.11.... I did initially update V.1.2.11 to V.1.2.12 but this firmware is causing loads of malfunctions, they've since brought out an update to roll it back. Have you tried a hard reset with the firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Biscuit80

kingaaa wrote: »
    Do you know what version it is? I have 2, one V.B.1.0.2, And V.1.2.11.... I did initially update V.1.2.11 to V.1.2.12 but this firmware is causing loads of malfunctions, they've since brought out an update to roll it back. Have you tried a hard reset with the firmware?

It's the VB.1.0.2

I downloaded the software from the smok site but can't get the mod to connect to the software

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I had one end of last year that died on me. I returned it to the vendor and they sent me a replacement. I kept the original tank I got in the kit, and they sent an express kit [mod only] and I believe those are later versions right out the box. This one is going 4 months now and not an issue, the paint is also much better on it. Last one peeled a bit, this one not a scratch so far. I'm on 1.2.2 here if that's any help ... probably not if you can't get it to switch on. I'd get in touch with wherever you bought it, they should replace it after such a short time. Tell them you want an express kit version. Just keep the tank.

I had one end of last year that died on me. I returned it to the vendor and they sent me a replacement. I kept the original tank I got in the kit, and they sent an express kit [mod only] and I believe those are later versions right out the box. This one is going 4 months now and not an issue, the paint is also much better on it. Last one peeled a bit, this one not a scratch so far. I'm on 1.2.2 here if that's any help ... probably not if you can't get it to switch on. I'd get in touch with wherever you bought it, they should replace it after such a short time. Tell them you want an express kit version. Just keep the tank.

Was in contact with them already but they are refusing to do anything other than if I send full kit back to them, they will send to smok for them to investigate with the warning that this may take some time and I may be liable for a service charge from Smok. Not great customer service in my opinion

Was in contact with them already but they are refusing to do anything other than if I send full kit back to them, they will send to smok for them to investigate with the warning that this may take some time and I may be liable for a service charge from Smok. Not great customer service in my opinion

That's a pain in the arse...probably cheaper to buy a new Predator (and quicker too!!) when you take into account postage, service charge, time waiting etc..etc...

https://www.fasttech.com/p/5835100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Sounds like a load of ole bollax,what vendor is it,email him again & tell him this is no good at all & if no satisfaction,if they get stroppy,tell them that you will open a dispute with Paypal & social media wont be too far behind that,with Paypal it's a 50/50 chance you'll get your money back,nothing to lose,I've done it many times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Sounds like bollocks tbh.

If they're selling it, they should be able to determine if it's either faulty or damaged, and send you a replacement.

Your consumer rights allow them to send it away for a "reasonable" amount of time before replacing. Reasonable would be 2-4 weeks tops.

However if a fault appears in an electronic device so soon, it's assumed the fault was there from the beginning.

I'd dispute that with PayPal.

Sounds like a load of ole bollax,what vendor is it,email him again & tell him this is no good at all & if no satisfaction,if they get stroppy,tell them that you will open a dispute with Paypal & social media wont be too far behind that,with Paypal it's a 50/50 chance you'll get your money back,nothing to lose,I've done it many times...

Vendor is e-lixor in mallow.

What's most annoying about it is that i would have already spent a few hundred euros with them for various bits and pieces plus numerous bottles of juice and would have spent much more in future

What's most annoying about it is that i would have already spent a few hundred euros with them for various bits and pieces plus numerous bottles of juice and would have spent much more in future

tell them that you have posted on this forum and they are in danger of losing a lot of business if they dont sort you out.....

Sounds like bollocks tbh.

If they're selling it, they should be able to determine if it's either faulty or damaged, and send you a replacement.

Your consumer rights allow them to send it away for a "reasonable" amount of time before replacing. Reasonable would be 2-4 weeks tops.

However if a fault appears in an electronic device so soon, it's assumed the fault was there from the beginning.

I'd dispute that with PayPal.
    kingaaa wrote: »
    tell them that you have posted on this forum and they are in danger of losing a lot of business if they dont sort you out.....

Have gone back to them again to let them know that i'm not happy with their response and may have to open a dispute with PayPal - will update if i hear anything back from them.

• Advertisement

E-lixor have got back to me and have asked me to forward the mod back to them to take a look at. No promises of a replacement or anything but will send to them anyway as is completely dead and of no use as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I'm amazed that they are using that type of attitude,I believe they are a B n M store,someone answering your emails is chancing his arm that you will just forget it.
    Keep at them & as someone has said,tell them this is being discussed on Boards.ie,maybe that will shake them up....Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Biscuit80 wrote:

The mod guarantee should cover you for at least 30 days from purchase. If it's faulty within that time then the vendor should replace or refund. Check your receipt and the warranty time should be on it. You have 180 days to open a dispute with PayPal after payment so keep threatening that unless you get either a refund or replacement.

I'm amazed that they are using that type of attitude,I believe they are a B n M store,someone answering your emails is chancing his arm that you will just forget it.
    Keep at them & as someone has said,tell them this is being discussed on Boards.ie,maybe that will shake them up....Good Luck

Told them i had posted here which they say they have noted.

Very​surprised to hear that about E Lixor, they're a relatively new vendor on the scene and I've had dealings with them myself with no issues so it's disappointing to hear a story such as this. Keep the pressure on though and hopefully it will be resolved to your satisfaction.

The mod guarantee should cover you for at least 30 days from purchase. If it's faulty within that time then the vendor should replace or refund. Check your receipt and the warranty time should be on it. You have 180 days to open a dispute with PayPal after payment so keep threatening that unless you get either a refund or replacement.

If i received a receipt with the mod (can't remember if one was in the package) then it will be at home so will check this evening.

Anthony from e-lixor has got back to me again and has explained the returns/warranty process in more detail.

He seems very genuine in his efforts to get this resolved satisfactorily for both sides so hopefully this will be sorted soon.

Biscuit80 wrote:
    If i received a receipt with the mod (can't remember if one was in the package) then it will be at home so will check this evening.

Another option for you would be to message them via their Facebook page, a lot of people see sense very quickly when they're contacted via a social media platform especially when they use that platform for advertising .

Just to update on this further, myself and Anthony in E-Lixor have been in further contact and he has kindly agreed to send me out a replacement Alien mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Just to update on this further, myself and Anthony in E-Lixor have been in further contact and he has kindly agreed to send me out a replacement Alien mod

I was really surprised when you said it was Elixir! That is where I bought mine, and had the replacement one sent out without issue. It was Anthony I dealt with too. Maybe they've had to take back in a lot of them since? And are miffed with Smok, but that's the thing - it's not the customer at fault - if they got a dodgy batch, then it is up to them to deal with Smok, not you. Good to hear you got it sorted in the end though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Glad they sorted it. I was very surprised to hear it was Elixor in the middle of the situation. Glad it's been resolved now :)

Advertisement