Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business account & personal use

Options
  • 28-03-2017 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

I've just set up a sole trader business account with BOI. I'll be starting my business in the next week or so and I'll be receiving the back to work allowance into that account as I haven't had a personal account for some years now.

My question is, is their a problem with me using the business account for personal use? Like I'll obviously have to pay myself a wage but will I be okay to use the debit card for personal things?
    I will be setting up a personal account eventually but I'm just trying to keep costs down at the moment.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Generally speaking, bad idea. All you are doing is making it harder to separate your personal/business expenses.

The few euro it's going to cost you to run a separate personal account will probably offset your increased accountancy/book-keeping costs when things get into a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Grand, thanks for the reply. Is it okay for me to use the account for personal use in the mean time though? Like legally?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Yes, it's fine to use your business account for personal use. Download the BOI app as well, it'll save you lots of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Yes, it's fine to use your business account for personal use. Download the BOI app as well, it'll save you lots of hassle.

Advertisement