Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway courier franchise advice

Options
  • 29-03-2017 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi folks im looking into buying a fastway courier franchise , are there any owners on here with some real advice ? I have no problem with 12 hour days or hard work but i am checking them out and im hearing horror stories from reviews by ex owners, it is being described like a scam and people working for nothing ,there are quiet a lot of areas for sale as well which is kinda ringing alarm bells,the area im looking at is a big enough area and would be a busy route but id like to know how much roughly you would earn weekly, i have the money for franchise and van myself 40000 + 15000 so no loans , any current or ex owners advice wouod be welcome before i go any further ,thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Run op, run run as far as you can. You would be mad to even consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bikefree

Run op, run run as far as you can. You would be mad to even consider it.

Is it really that bad ? Its shockin whats online about them ,were u an owner at some point ?

It's that bad, I knew a fella that had one. He said he would do time instead of it.

It's that bad, I knew a fella that had one. He said he would do time instead of it.

Was it the hours and tough work or did he feel he was being cheated out of his coin from fastway

It was everything, good luck with it. You get free polo shirts.

• Advertisement

It was everything, good luck with it. You get free polo shirts.

Thanks, i think they actually charge for the uniform as well 😂😂

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It's a race to the bottom in terms of pricing. The margins are virtually non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,570 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I think OP you should take a step back and think.

So many for sale all the time with what seems huge churn.
    Constant stream of horror stories from ex franchises.

I was in a guys company one night and he said he was running it to pay the loan and then dumping it on the next sap. Massive hours for less than minimum wage.
    He said the only model that would work was a 100% urban run. He said once you start into small towns and rural deliveries the time just isn't there to cover ground and be looking for rural addresses, no one home, waiting for someone to sign, falsifying signatures at customers request and then having complaints for damages or undelivered items.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭laurie88

Bike free, I got let down badly from this company, the owner of the run I was meant to buy and everything that is connected to this badly ran company.
    I was going to buy a run in the inner city (d2) 08 van included, VAT inc for 20K. Also included was the scanner, but not the uniform etc. That was grand, I could deal with that. He then changed the price to 15K for a quick sale, I went to the bank, applied and got the loan. Took out a deposit and went straight down to FW. Not more than a day after confirming to the owner of the run that I have a deposit for the round and I was bringing it down to him after I went to the bank, I went down and found out that he had already taken a deposit from another person. I'm glad it happened though.
    I have been a courier before for 9 years. You are under pressure from the time you get in the depot. before 6am if you want a good start delivering. You are delivering for around 1 euro a delivery. If you could not deliver, fastway expects you to return the following day and follow up trying to make another attempted delivery. this can go on for as many times as it takes to deliver. So your 1 euro now has turned into nothing for not being able to deliver.
    Incorrect addresses, returns, can turn an east job into a bad one.
    Your vehicle maintenance is crucial. Count on your clutch going at least 2 times during the year if you make it. Tyres and gearbox replacements, tax, etc that's 3000 on top of everything just to keep your van going. Fuel is at least 150 a working week.
    The pressures that all this gives you, adds up. You might finish early some days, but you get up at the same 4 30am time everytime just to get into work to sort out your run.
    All that for their estimated earnings!? I hope you calculated all that into why you wanted to buy a franchise from this company.
    It wasn't worth it for me. I woke up after meeting on of the drivers whom I was going to buy ANOTHER run from.
    His stress levels were thru the roof and it was only 6am! I didn't want to become that stressed ever again, I have been there. So I just walked out of the depot at 6am in the morning and never went back. I see drivers all thru the city and not one of them look like they are having a great day, loving their life, enjoying their job.

laurie88 wrote: »
    Bike free, I got let down badly from this company, the owner of the run I was meant to buy and everything that is connected to this badly ran company.
    I was going to buy a run in the inner city (d2) 08 van included, VAT inc for 20K. Also included was the scanner, but not the uniform etc. That was grand, I could deal with that. He then changed the price to 15K for a quick sale, I went to the bank, applied and got the loan. Took out a deposit and went straight down to FW. Not more than a day after confirming to the owner of the run that I have a deposit for the round and I was bringing it down to him after I went to the bank, I went down and found out that he had already taken a deposit from another person. I'm glad it happened though.
    I have been a courier before for 9 years. You are under pressure from the time you get in the depot. before 6am if you want a good start delivering. You are delivering for around 1 euro a delivery. If you could not deliver, fastway expects you to return the following day and follow up trying to make another attempted delivery. this can go on for as many times as it takes to deliver. So your 1 euro now has turned into nothing for not being able to deliver.
    Incorrect addresses, returns, can turn an east job into a bad one.
    Your vehicle maintenance is crucial. Count on your clutch going at least 2 times during the year if you make it. Tyres and gearbox replacements, tax, etc that's 3000 on top of everything just to keep your van going. Fuel is at least 150 a working week.
    The pressures that all this gives you, adds up. You might finish early some days, but you get up at the same 4 30am time everytime just to get into work to sort out your run.
    All that for their estimated earnings!? I hope you calculated all that into why you wanted to buy a franchise from this company.
    It wasn't worth it for me. I woke up after meeting on of the drivers whom I was going to buy ANOTHER run from.
    His stress levels were thru the roof and it was only 6am! I didn't want to become that stressed ever again, I have been there. So I just walked out of the depot at 6am in the morning and never went back. I see drivers all thru the city and not one of them look like they are having a great day, loving their life, enjoying their job.

Yeah im gonna forget about it ,been researchin it for a while now and nothin but bad vibes about them ,thank for the replies ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
Advertisement