Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas stop closest to Australian embassy

Options
  • 29-03-2017 5:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭

Hi, I will be coming in to city centre from the Red Cow on the Luas next week. Can someone tell me how to get to the Australian Embassy at Cumberland Rd, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

The nearest Luas stop is Lr. Abbey St., and it would be about a half-hour walk from there. As to the route, you've a couple of options, but I'd go across the river, round Trinity via College Green, down Dawson St, round the Green, down Leeson St and then when you get to Leeson St Bridge, turn left into Wilton Terrace. The embassy is in a hideous office block about a third of the way along Wilton Terrace (though the entrance is off Cumberland Rd, which is a left turn off Wilton Terrace).

(PS: It's nowhere near Grand Canal Dock. Wilton Terrace runs along the Grand Canal between Leeson St and Baggot St. Grand Canal Dock is where the Grand Canal empties into the Liffey, about a mile north of that.)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

On reflection, you could take the Luas on to Mayor Square, and walk from there, over the new bridge. That would also take about half and hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

You could get the luas to Manor Street and a 39 bus from there would bring you to Leeson Street

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Google maps offers an option of get off the Luas at Heuston and getting the 145 bus. Get off at the top of Leeson St and it's a 4 minutes walk from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

Thanks! So complicated! So glad I posted now. I'd have been totally lost. I didn't realise it was such a long walk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

My appointment is at 9am so probably best to walk there from a city centre stop. I'd imagine the buses will be packed at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

My appointment is at 9am so probably best to walk there from a city centre stop. I'd imagine the buses will be packed at that time.
    The 145 starts at Heuston and is every 10 minutes, so you should be able to get on it fine. http://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/145-/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Sydney Parade? ...

... I'll get my coat.

Advertisement