Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good doctor in Drogheda

Options
  • 29-03-2017 5:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

As the title says I am currently with a doctor in town and I feel he simply does not care or listen to me and also just passes me off all the time.
    If they take gp card that would be a bonus.
    Thanks in advance everyone

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've been going to Fairgate Medical on Fairstreet since I was a little lad. They take medical cards, so I presume GP cards too?

Special shoutout to Dr O'Connell there, who has always been lovely to deal with, AND took a problem I had seriously a few years ago when some others were a bit dismissive.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Teapot30

My old GP, doctor O'Neill was just as you described. Very frustrating. Now I go to Dr Carmel Hutcheson on fair street, shes great and takes medical cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 coolings

Teapot30 wrote: »
    My old GP, doctor O'Neill was just as you described. Very frustrating. Now I go to Dr Carmel Hutcheson on fair street, shes great and takes medical cards.

Are you talking about the doc O'Neill in 47 fair gate where Dr Carmel is or the other one at boyne center?

My current doc is mulroy down by apache pizza and I am truly sick of him saying oh it's in your head you are depressed or its anxiety it seems to be his go to all the time.

I am thankful for both of your recommendations and shall see if they have space.
    I hope transferring my medical information is easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 coolings

Well an update to the post I tried both of these doctors and they are both full and not taking on anymore patients unfortunately.
    Guess I am stuck with mulroy ugh it sucks

coolings wrote: »
    Are you talking about the doc O'Neill in 47 fair gate where Dr Carmel is or the other one at boyne center?

My current doc is mulroy down by apache pizza and I am truly sick of him saying oh it's in your head you are depressed or its anxiety it seems to be his go to all the time.

I am thankful for both of your recommendations and shall see if they have space.
    I hope transferring my medical information is easy.

Dr O'Neill in Fair street, useless.

• Advertisement

coolings wrote: »
    Well an update to the post I tried both of these doctors and they are both full and not taking on anymore patients unfortunately.
    Guess I am stuck with mulroy ugh it sucks

You can ring a few different GP's and ask to see an available doctor I think. Worth a shot.

Advertisement