Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC 11 Thread

Comments

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Viper question for basil, when you open the camera does the view turn black sporadically for you? I can recall it happening on stock.

Yeah have noticed this when accessing camera when phone is off. I'll mention it to the devs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah have noticed this when accessing camera when phone is off. I'll mention it to the devs.

Cool, and sorry just spotted a typo, its something I *can't* recall happening on stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

@py2006 Three shops have them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'll get a look in the dark later. Think I might have it backwards though, looking at the app (never had bleed on anything before). Rather than light bleeding out, it looks like dark bleeding into my screen in that spot. Like 3 flecks of light grey if you have a white screen up. It's not bad really but once seen it's hard to unsee :D

I have the same thing, but think it's not as bad as it was when i first got it. Will keep an eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So playing around this all day screen seems to be taking most out the battery. 58percent according to the power stats.

Only way to fix that turn brightness down but then doesn't look as good.

Sure that's normal, whats the screen on time?

Sure that's normal, whats the screen on time?

One hour forty minutes. I've had it going all day so id imagine that's just since it was charged maybe?

One hour forty minutes. I've had it going all day so id imagine that's just since it was charged maybe?

Stats reset ya. Just fyi iv gotten 4hrs sot today with 16% battery left now. Im off charge nearly 21hrs.

• Advertisement

Stats reset ya. Just fyi iv gotten 4hrs sot today with 16% battery left now. Im off charge nearly 21hrs.

It's not draining as quick as my 10 does now but at same time it was 100 early on and it's 63 now.

I uplosding something but stopped while ago it's been mostly just having the screen on browsing and setting up the phone.

I don't wanna use battery saver cause changes how looks.

It's not draining as quick as my 10 does now but at same time it was 100 early on and it's 63 now.

I uplosding something but stopped while ago it's been mostly just having the screen on browsing and setting up the phone.

I don't wanna use battery saver cause changes how looks.

Well an 1 hr 40 roughly 1.6 in decimal. 1.6 / 32% used x 100 = 5.

So your bang on track for 5 hrs sot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

The dual sim model is now in stock on the HTC Europe site. Just ordered...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Its cheaper to buy the HTC 11 (via HTC Club) than it is to get the HTC 10 on ready to go.

In fact the HTC 10 is cheaper sim free than it is on ready to go!

py2006 wrote: »
    Its cheaper to buy the HTC 11 (via HTC Club) than it is to get the HTC 10 on ready to go.

In face the HTC 10 is cheaper sim free than it is on ready to go!

Crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Halflifept

jerry rig everything - HTC U11

• Advertisement

Halflifept wrote: »
    jerry rig everything - HTC U11

That was very predictable. I've owned his most durable phone of last year, and phones from his wall of shame. Somehow managed not to destroy any of them. Amazing.

Just by chance noticed my data isn't working for 3 haven't actually tried it since got phone.

Weird cause I have right apn settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Halflifept

That was very predictable. I've owned his most durable phone of last year, and phones from his wall of shame. Somehow managed not to destroy any of them. Amazing.

Actually I was really surprised. HTC it is really well known for great build quality.

I have been 15hrs off charge with 2hrs screen time. My battery is at 60%.
    I went I into the boost+ app and changed 90% of my apps to be stopped in the background. Am seeing better battery life since.

Has anyone had to change there apn settings for data when switching over to this phone?

It won't appear in notification tab or connect for me but it appears to be all the correct settings for 3.

• Advertisement

Has anyone had to change there apn settings for data when switching over to this phone?

It won't appear in notification tab or connect for me but it appears to be all the correct settings for 3.

I had to manually enter mine for Virgin, but no issues. Is the apn actually selected? Radio button is active in the apn list?

I had to manually enter mine for Virgin, but no issues. Is the apn actually selected? Radio button is active in the apn list?

Ya dot next to it is filled. There very same settings I had before and I double checked them online to.

I asked in three forums but it's crap cause ill need it for work tomorrow.

Unlikely to fix but knock it into airplane mode for a sec?

Unlikely to fix but knock it into airplane mode for a sec?

Nothing unfortunately.

Nothing unfortunately.

3 dots menu and reset to default? Or try delete all but the one apn you think is the correct one, if there are a few.

3 dots menu and reset to default? Or try delete all but the one apn you think is the correct one, if there are a few.

I reset it there now and selected the apn again theres only just the one. Still the same when i hit the icon for data connection it lights up but i get no 4g etc icon up in notification so its not connecting.

I have credit left and my network is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

First full day, I got to 20% power after 13 hours off charge, and 4.5 hours screen on time. Happy with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The dual sim model is now in stock on the HTC Europe site. Just ordered...

Which EU site?
    How did you order it to IE?
    Did you use an IE CC and address?
    Sorry for all the questions :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Which EU site?
    How did you order it to IE?
    Did you use an IE CC and address?
    Sorry for all the questions :)

I started on the German site and it redirected me to an EU site that gave the option of delivery to Ireland. Digital River Ireland handled the order.

• Advertisement

I started on the German site and it redirected me to an EU site that gave the option of delivery to Ireland. Digital River Ireland handled the order.

Thanks, I'll try and do that so :)

Im sure know but just in case, you can't use two sims and sd card as the same time, the 2nd slot is one or the other.

Im sure know but just in case, you can't use two sims and sd card as the same time, the 2nd slot is one or the other.

Although you can do a mod where you join a sim and sdcard together, and they both function...if you're brave enough

http://www.noreplied.com/how-to-insert-2-nano-sim-dual-sim-enabled-and-microsd-card-in-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/

I'm getting this issue everytime I turn WiFi on or off on the home screen.

Any ideas?

I'm getting this issue everytime I turn WiFi on or off on the home screen.

Any ideas?

You on Viper? It's a bug if you toggle from the pulldown. I've looked at the logcat and I'm gonna try to fix it tonight, but my coding is limited at best. Maybe if it was in java I'd have a hope.

It only happens to me from the full drop down. If you use the switch from the initial page you should be ok, see attached for what I poorly described!

Although you can do a mod where you join a sim and sdcard together, and they both function...if you're brave enough

http://www.noreplied.com/how-to-insert-2-nano-sim-dual-sim-enabled-and-microsd-card-in-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/

That's some epic levels of ingenuity on display right there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Halflifept wrote: »

Actually I was really surprised. HTC it is really well known for great build quality.

The 8 and 10 were great. In fact Phonebuff used a machine to drop the 10, 32 times onto concrete before it snuffed it. The 9 surprisingly bent easily on jerryrig. Never had an issue myself.

Looks like gonna have to send phone back. Called into two different 3 stores about this data connection issue they both said everything was how should be tried another 3 sim said probably the phone.

**** it anyway.

• Advertisement

Looks like gonna have to send phone back. Called into two different 3 stores about this data connection issue they both said everything was how should be tried another 3 sim said probably the phone.

**** it anyway.

You never had signal, even on stock? Did you ever check?

Have you tried the sim in another phone? That hasn't taken the card already

i won't need anything near 64 GB so I don't need an SD card really. Although that mod looks worth trying!

This is bloody weird.

So I got data working again there's an option on top of settings turn celur or however network back on so I don't it data works again!!

Only issue is now even when you turn it off and there's no icon on notification section phone it's still connected!

Haha one issue after an other.

This is bloody weird.

So I got data working again there's an option on top of settings turn celur or however network back on so I don't it data works again!!

Only issue is now even when you turn it off and there's no icon on notification section phone it's still connected!

Haha one issue after an other.

Are you on Viper? I managed to fix the crash when toggling things in the pull-down.

Are you on Viper? I managed to fix the crash when toggling things in the pull-down.

I'm on viper ya. Any chance this data issue can be fixed as well? Haha

At one stage I had no data now I can't turn it off! Lol

• Advertisement

I'm on viper ya. Any chance this data issue can be fixed as well? Haha

At one stage I had no data now I can't turn it off! Lol

haven't seen any reports of that, not sure what's happening.

fix for fc, flash in recovery

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipazw6a1twragh3/SystemUI_FIX.zip?dl=0

haven't seen any reports of that, not sure what's happening.

fix for fc, flash in recovery

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipazw6a1twragh3/SystemUI_FIX.zip?dl=0

Nice one I'll have a look later.

Bascially I had no data. I found an option on top settings to turn cellular data on now it won't go off even when I turn data icon off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Got phone the other day from HTC UK club.

Havent had a chance to start using properly, still on the M9.

Turned phone on there and transferred over items from current phone to U11.

As I didnt get M10, I had all my photos on the M9 in an app called "Gallery" which was already installed on M9. Dont see similar on U11, what is best program for photos for it?

Also what do people use to browse the internet on their HTC's?

Thanks in advance

Got phone the other day from HTC UK club.

Havent had a chance to start using properly, still on the M9.

Turned phone on there and transferred over items from current phone to U11.

As I didnt get M10, I had all my photos on the M9 in an app called "Gallery" which was already installed on M9. Dont see similar on U11, what is best program for photos for it?

Also what do people use to browse the internet on their HTC's?

Thanks in advance

Google photos for gallery, and chrome for browsing. Rooted users still install the old gallery, but that's very outdated. Google photos also takes care of the HDR boost that improves photos as soon as they're taken, as far as I know.

From the 10 on, HTC dropped all their apps that just replicated Google apps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement