Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC 11 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

I definitely have the issue, but seems not as bad as it was when I first got it. It's a strange one, I've never seen it on an LCD before. It's not even what you'd traditionally call screen bleed, that's normally light coming onto a dark screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Aww, jeez.

• Advertisement

Speaking of which...@Basil

XZ Premium or P10 Plus? There's nothing really else on the list of interest bar the S8 or iPhone 7 (bearing on mind I'll keep whatever I get because I can't do done deal)..

_

I dunno, tough call. Personally, I'd probably go for the P10 plus, just because it's something a bit different. The main thing that would put me off is the supposed lottery with components used.

I'd happily use either, though. Not many bad flagships these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Has anyone picked up any good screen protector s or cases for this yet?

Got some cheap screen protectors on ebay put one on and its a piece of ****. Makes screen look fuzzy and adds horrible feel to touching it.

I just want a nice clear case that shows off the look of the phone spigen will be perfect but there not available for at least another month and a decent screen protector.

I just dont trust it long term going naked with this phone with all that glass.

How does it fit ? Completely clear case ? I find a lot of screen protectors in general take away from the overall quality of the screen to.

• Advertisement

Reckon it gives it much protection overall?

I find what i have is doing me fine so far until Spigen get there **** together but id still like something for the screen at least.

Where did u buy the double pack?

This is the glass one I got that was too big so the edges didn't stick https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B072FHX7HN/

And I got the others from MobileFun. I see they've a tempered glass Olixar one now too that I might try. They also have the Spigen liquid crystal now too which, going by my S7 edge one, would be slightly more rigid than the one I got below.

Protectors - http://ie.mobilefun.com/63874-olixar-htc-u11-screen-protector-2-in-1-pack.htm

Case - http://ie.mobilefun.com/63876-olixar-ultra-thin-htc-u11-gel-case-100-clear.htm

I wonder do the covers support every case and not just there own brand ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Does the edge sense still work through the Olixar case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

It looks well, have always been wary of gel cases in that they always seemed bulky and horrible in the past, but might have a look at it.

I like that it has separate cutouts for the camera and flash as opposed to the Spigen ones which have a large D shape which does both.

From what I've seen spigen cases support edge sense as well. By major flaw otherwise.

• Advertisement

It's not exactly confidence inspiring that the US models are 3 system updates ahead of the European ones already. Didn't this happen with the 10 too?

I wouldn't bother counting the number of updates. The ROM I'm on is based on EU 1.13.401.x, so that should be pushed out by HTC soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

It's not exactly confidence inspiring that the US models are 3 system updates ahead of the European ones already. Didn't this happen with the 10 too?

Yep.

corwill wrote: »
    Yep.

I don't think they've necessarily been left behind regarding base numbers. Only security patches, as far as I know.

yeah, i don't like the look of them. i'm also happy to be able to access the two options i have globally. i wouldn't want to be in maps and trying to access the camera, and all it does is zoom.

the rom i'm on has already modified edge sense with loads of custom actions for the squeeze and long squeeze.

Very true, never thought of that. Hopefully it can still be left as a global shortcut once these are introduced.

Much else in the newer version across the whole software or is anything good part of the custom stuff?

Here are the current options. He's going to add more, along with double squeeze in the next while.

Posted in the xda thread as well but can take a while getting reply on there so taught id ask here to. Has anyone had issues with the notification bar not fully coming down since updating to ViperU 1.2.0 ??

Posted in the xda thread as well but can take a while getting reply on there so taught id ask here to. Has anyone had issues with the notification bar not fully coming down since updating to ViperU 1.2.0 ??

I doubt many here are running custom ROMs. Include a screenshot of your issue in the post, and you're more likely to get help because the description might be a bit vague for people that don't have the issue.

Currently running a beta with double squeeze action set. Nice to have a third option available from the squeeze, use it daily.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Just purchased my U11 from CPW today with software number 1.031.61.7. Can anyone with a SIM free U11 tell me if it's a SIM free version of what their software number is?
    Thanks

Mine is 1.03.401.6, bought from HTC.
    :-( Thanks for the reply

Is that a beta of stock or a custom ROM?

Beta custom

1jcdub wrote: »
    Just purchased my U11 from CPW today with software number 1.031.61.7. Can anyone with a SIM free U11 tell me if it's a SIM free version of what their software number is?
    Thanks

If you have a WWE unlocked device, the second to last numbers should be 401.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    If you have a WWE unlocked device, the second to last numbers should be 401.
    Bit disappointed it's not a unlocked device. I'll apply for the unlocking code and think about maybe potting the stock softest on to it.

Bit disappointed it's not a unlocked device. I'll apply for the unlocking code and think about maybe potting the stock softest on to it.

Is the 3rd number in your software version definitely 61? I looked it up, and that should be for Orange UK, which is pretty weird.

Is the 3rd number in your software version definitely 61? I looked it up, and that should be for Orange UK, which is pretty weird.

The third number is 161 . Should be Vodafone?

How can I check it?

The third number is 161 . Should be Vodafone?

Ah, makes sense. One of your dots was in the wrong place. Yeah, that's the SKU for Vodafone UK.

• Advertisement

How can I check it?

Thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Are the panels on the U11 pretty good. Have read reports of light bleed on the bottom in a few reviews now. Wondering how common this is. Only other minus I have read is the camera shutter button can be a bit slow My S8+ is going soon as it's a lagfest and its between the U11 and OP5.

Also seen this chap selling the 6GB model. I wonder what the chances of it being an international unlocked model from HTC which will get the OTA updates direct.

http://www.adverts.ie/htc/htc-u11/13173577#comment_87394236

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Flaccus wrote: »
    Are the panels on the U11 pretty good. Have read reports of light bleed on the bottom in a few reviews now. Wondering how common this is. Only other minus I have read is the camera shutter button can be a bit slow My S8+ is going soon as it's a lagfest and its between the U11 and OP5.

Also seen this chap selling the 6GB model. I wonder what the chances of it being an international unlocked model from HTC which will get the OTA updates direct.

I offered to get some 6gb dual SIM versions for anyone who wants them a couple of pages back, but there was no interest... They were international, unlocked.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I offered to get some 6gb dual SIM versions for anyone who wants them a couple of pages back, but there was no interest... They were international, unlocked.

You can probably buy em cheap, but once you add 23% VAT coming into Ireland, all savings are probably lost.

Flaccus wrote: »

Mine has a bit of this bleed at the bottom left, but it definitely seems to have faded. Doesn't really bother me. Overall, the screen is good. Running my dark theme, the screen almost looks like an amoled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Thanks Basil3. I think I will go for the 6/128GB version, now that i know it will get OTA updates from HTC. Anyone know when Solar red is getting released ?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭maverick_21

Where are you buying the 6GB version? Im only seeing 4GB RAM offered in Ireland. Thanks.

Germany has been pushed the 1.13 base today.....must be close for us.

https://twitter.com/fabnapp/status/879658094086717440

I just checked and the update 1.13.401.1 is available to download already. Am on the SIM free phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement