Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC 11 Thread

Comments

Just for the record (for people who keep score with this stuff) America has had more updates than us, but we have now skipped to a later base than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Basil3 wrote: »
    You can probably buy em cheap, but once you add 23% VAT coming into Ireland, all savings are probably lost.

Nah... Was going to put them in my suitcase and bring them home with me, no added charges.... €625 with the jbl headphones thrown in for free... I was surprised no one wanted one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Nah... Was going to put them in my suitcase and bring them home with me, no added charges.... €625 with the jbl headphones thrown in for free... I was surprised no one wanted one.

I'd have taken you up on it but I was supposed to he out of the country at the time you mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Where are you buying the 6GB version? Im only seeing 4GB RAM offered in Ireland. Thanks.

http://www.adverts.ie/htc/htc-u11/13173577

While the extra ram might not be *that* useful, 128GB of UFS 2.1 storrage is, and I will be able to use my personal sim and work sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

How's everyone's wifi been so far?

I noticed the 10 got really bad for loading websites and dropping connection at times even in same room as router.

Having problems with range with u11 I'm thinking it's also issue with my interest but Im not that far from router now and have to use data!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I find the wifi range better than any of my previous phones.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is that slow charger notification thing new with 1.13? Never noticed it before.

Nope, has always existed. What are you connected to?

• Advertisement

Maybe it is a different message to the one I'm thinking of. I'll sometimes get a slow charge message when connecting to my laptop, and it will ask me to connect another charger or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Received an update yesterday to 1.13.161.1 over 300mb in size

Jasus I'm not sure how much I'd recommend dealing with HTC repair process. I sent them, or more accurately ctdi in Poland, my phone last Thursday. Phone got picked up at 1.24pm Thursday and was signed for in Poland 18hrs later. Happy days.

Its been fixed since Monday evening and is now back with ups doing rounds and extended stays through England since. I'm cracking up wondering what the hell.

Customer service have assured me this is the process. 3 days now in transit when it orginally went to Poland in 18hrs. I cant figure it out.

• Advertisement

Bodes well. I'm sending mine back soon for the bleed.

Have you contacted them yet?

No I'm waiting until I pick and get a new work phone, still can't decide. Not even sure if they'll do repairs for the shadowing anyway but it's got worse (all along bottom now, was just bottom left).

Well whenever you do I recommend going through the live chat on htc uk website, just easier to communicate instead of an international call. Easier to copy and paste a order number for example instead of tediously spelling it out.

• Advertisement

Well **** me anyway they returned the phone in the exact same condition as it went. Didn't fix it.

Customer service is saying i can only send it for repair again and can't get a refund because im outside 14 days and i have to except this is 'this process'.

They insisted on a repair process before 14 days was up.

Iv requested to escalate the issue because im not sending it again.

Painfull. I don't know whether to give up or not.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Well **** me anyway they returned the phone in the exact same condition as it went. Didn't fix it.

Customer service is saying i can only send it for repair again and can't get a refund because im outside 14 days and i have to except this is 'this process'.

They insisted on a repair process before 14 days was up.

Iv requested to escalate the issue because im not sending it again.

Painfull. I don't know whether to give up or not.

I'd be hassling them on Twitter. What was the issue?

The power button is a bit off, literally, it's almost flush with the chassis on the bottom and sticking out at the top, it doesn't function 100% the bottom. It was like this out of the box.

I emailed htc Ireland support the day after i got the phone and they ironically only emailed emailed me back today,21 days later

I had contacted htc uk support in the mean time and started the process with them.

Is yours the loose side button? If they do replacements in the first 14 days they should have informed you of such.

This is what has me annoyed, they insisted on a repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Even 14 days is short compared to other manufacturers (about half the timeframe), but them forcing you into a repair within this is really poor.
    Small claims court ;)

1jcdub wrote: »
    Small claims court ;)

Doubt it would help as long as repair, replace or refund is offered. The 15 day return window is just company policy, obviously not followed in this case.

• Advertisement

well you'd assume it actually gets fixed. I've never had to send back in an HTC for repair or replacement, but I know that they used to be generally good. A lot of people that returned the M7 for a camera fault were given back the M8.

In your case it might be whether they deem the screen to have a fault. Do you have a pic of the bottom part of the screen? It might be like the jelly scrolling on the OP5, where they say it's 'normal'.

I'll try get one, probably very hard to get a photo of.

For the guts of 700 euro, it's defnitely not normal though this could be the new excuse they all use to weasel out after the precedent OnePlus are setting.

It is worth mentioning if they say they fixed a fault and its not fixed or occurs again then you can press them in small claims for replacement or refund, since by law a repar has to permanent and fixed first time. You often hear of carrier shop's insisting on 3 attempts at repair which totally contravenes the law.

Incidentally, there is a post over on XDA of one u11 owner being refused warranty by HTC because they don't have techs trained to deal with the issue being reported. If true, the mind boggles. They sound like a shoiteshow to deal with.

After seeing the OnePlus 5 recently I think I may be re-evaluating what phone to get next!

?

The OP5 is a serious machine.

Was using one yesterday (not mine) and didn't see that issue. Took a few photos with it too and they looked excellent.

Would need to have a closer look to see if there is an upsidedown screen and scrolling issues you mention.

• Advertisement

Any way of getting rid of the 4 app shortcuts on the lock screen? Since the last update my messages one is showing the little icon to say 9 unread messages and I haven't any unread. Doing my head in.

You use nova ya? They are from the sense stock launcher icons, go back to sense and remove them from the home page. They will also remove them from the lockscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

What's the current best price then for unlocked? There's a few on Adverts going for 600 but I'd be very wary of them.

Testament1 wrote: »
    What's the current best price then for unlocked? There's a few on Adverts going for 600 but I'd be very wary of them.

There's no reason why they'd be dodgy, but I guess it's whether it's worth the saving of €75 when buying from HTC directly

Until this year I bought my last couple phones on adverts no issues!

• Advertisement

There shouldn't really be any risk you take the phone stick your sim in it make sure everything is working before you buy it.

Its like buying anything on there really.

Bought the m8 m9 and 10 all from sellers on there no issues so i guess i was lucky!

• Advertisement
Advertisement