Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC 11 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Was using one yesterday (not mine) and didn't see that issue. Took a few photos with it too and they looked excellent.

Would need to have a closer look to see if there is an upsidedown screen and scrolling issues you mention.

Have 2 friends with OP5's. I can't see the 'jello' scrolling effect. 1 friend can. The other can't. We have looked at both phones. It's fair to say the 'issue' is on all OP5's and some people can see it and some can't. Something to with how the screen refreshes and if's it mounted upside down it can be more obvious to some. Some people even say if you take any mobile turn it upside down and scroll slowly with your finger on the screen you will see this issue. I don't so I wouldn't consider it a problem.

Still on the fence about getting the OP5 or U11. Going to wait a couple of weeks now and see what happens with the OP5 camera updates. The camera on the OP5 like most mid range to high end phones takes nice pics in good light. The issues occur in low light, inconsisent bokeh effect when taking profile shots, and the zoom causing a water painting effect. Also lack of OIS is a problem for some. I mostly take shots in day light and would really be looking for One Plus to improve the zoom. Not too pushed about video. I have my old M8 to keep me going for now. Sold my S8 as it was just a lag fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'd never buy off it unless it was a serious bargain. Probably still wouldn't anyway. Not worth the risk for €75.

This would be my thinking. The one I was looking at was offered by a shop based in Dublin called IT-Fix. Like how are they offering brand new, sealed in box 11s for 600 Euro? Unwanted upgrades pawned? Phones taken on contract, then pawned and bill defaulted on resulting in a blacklisting??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Testament1 wrote: »
    This would be my thinking. The one I was looking at was offered by a shop based in Dublin called IT-Fix. Like how are they offering brand new, sealed in box 11s for 600 Euro? Unwanted upgrades pawned? Phones taken on contract, then pawned and bill defaulted on resulting in a blacklisting??

I was reading about someone with that exact problem recently, might have even been the same company. You can always look at their feedback and ask how they sell it for that price and still make profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I had issues with read only read write on the htc 10 when using apps such as quickpic i fixed it but cant remember how.

I am having the same issue again now and everything ive googled wont work.

It was working fine but it seems to be back to the same problem again now.

For example if i go into a gallery app such as quickpic i cant move any photo to my sd card it wont allow me to grant the premissions.

I remember seeing a prompt in twrp to keep the phone read write but i havent seen this in a long time and im wondering is this the issue?

I had issues with read only read write on the htc 10 when using apps such as quickpic i fixed it but cant remember how.

I am having the same issue again now and everything ive googled wont work.

It was working fine but it seems to be back to the same problem again now.

For example if i go into a gallery app such as quickpic i cant move any photo to my sd card it wont allow me to grant the premissions.

I remember seeing a prompt in twrp to keep the phone read write but i havent seen this in a long time and im wondering is this the issue?

System rw is a separate issue to your Quickpic one. Google locked down apps copying to external SD card a long time ago, not sure what the solution is.

Basil3 wrote: »
    System rw is a separate issue to your Quickpic one. Google locked down apps copying to external SD card a long time ago, not sure what the solution is.

I had it working not that long ago like very recently ha.

I had it working not that long ago like very recently ha.

Just downloaded Quickpic, and have no problems copying to external SD. The first time you do it, it tells you that you need to select the external SD from the sliding menu. After that it's accessible.

Just downloaded Quickpic, and have no problems copying to external SD. The first time you do it, it tells you that you need to select the external SD from the sliding menu. After that it's accessible.

I get this but it stops me from going any further.
    Since I got the phone it worked then it didn't and it seems to of changed based around updating and changing roms which made me think was it a read write issue seeing as TWRP no longer prompts me at the start.

Since I got the phone it worked then it didn't and it seems to of changed based around updating and changing roms which made me think was it a read write issue seeing as TWRP no longer prompts me at the start.

Yup, that's what I got. I just followed the steps in the directions and it worked fine.

• Advertisement

Weird, when you google that issue, it says it's an issue for devices running KitKat :pac:

Weird, when you google that issue, it says it's an issue for devices running KitKat :pac:

Ya I can't find a proper solution to it anywhere i just know I had similar issue with this phone and the ten and it was fixed.

Tried more then one photo gallery app tonight all giving me same problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Hi all,

I am back to really considering this phone versus S8+. I have a S6, would this phone be much of an upgrade from my S6?

When you have been so loyal to a brand for so many years, it's so hard to leave :eek:

Vahevala wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am back to really considering this phone versus S8+. I have a S6, would this phone be much of an upgrade from my S6?

When you have been so loyal to a brand for so many years, it's so hard to leave :eek:

Any new flagship will be an upgrade from the S6. You'll get the standard stuff that the S6 lacked like expandable storage, waterproofing, decent battery life.

I know the feeling regarding brand loyalty, the U11 is my 11th HTC flagship over the last 11 years :D I've still had no problem going to Sammy multiple times for S3, Note 2, S6 Edge+ etc.

Nobody can make your decision for you. At the end of the day it's a phone, and unless you can think of anything specific about Sammy that you'll be missing, I'm sure you'll like the U11.

The thing is for me, I am not a fan of the curved display. I have always had a flat phone and I have always opted for the flat Galaxy's but now Samsung took that choice away from me :mad::(

Again, I have never used a fingerprint scanner, I always unlocked via pin.. I know I am old school :D

I have been with the Galaxy S since the very first one, the only ones I think I didn't get were the S5 and S7 but had all the rest and I love the S range but the curved displays and the whole fragile look isn't for me but still I hate leaving them... silly really :eek:
    Any new flagship will be an upgrade from the S6. You'll get the standard stuff that the S6 lacked like expandable storage, waterproofing, decent battery life.

I know the feeling regarding brand loyalty, the U11 is my 11th HTC flagship over the last 11 years :D I've still had no problem going to Sammy multiple times for S3, Note 2, S6 Edge+ etc.

Nobody can make your decision for you. At the end of the day it's a phone, and unless you can think of anything specific about Sammy that you'll be missing, I'm sure you'll like the U11.

I guess probably the headphone jack will probably be the only annoyance but I suppose, you have to sacrifice something. Are the lowlight camera shots decent enough?

• Advertisement

That's why I'll be interested to see the S8. By all accounts the curve is done much more ergonomically than the S7 Edge was, it's supposed to be a lot more subtle. I'd rather the flat myself though too if it came down to it, the Mrs has a regular S7 and if it was a tiny bit bigger it's a perfect form.

The lowlight shots on the U11 are the best I've ever taken with a phone. Can't compare to many of the current crop but there's a marked difference over the S7 Edge.

The shame about the EU S8 is that the Exynos is a dog of a chip this year compared to the SD835. Last year the Exynos in the S7 was awesome.

How do you find the Sammy watch with the U11? I have a One4All voucher burning a hole in my pocket and tempted to get another smart watch. Used to have the Moto 360, but battery life sucked. Switched to a Garmin smart watch which is great for battery life and I get my notifications, but not a lot more than that. Was considering the Huawei W1, but want something that won't look out of place in the gym or a night out.

Watch any YouTube S8 after 4 months style reviews, and they have one thing in common. Lag and framedrops. Had my s8 since launch and just sold it. Very annoying as the lag was random.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

i replaced my LG urbane with the huawei sport 4G battery with SIM card inserted always on i get 2 + days battery, But i charge it on the 2nd night, just to be clear it depends of how much usage you going to give it in a day (GPS, calls, play with the screen) you going to get most a day.

i was between the galaxy gear but didn't wanted to give up the google voice features

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

ldr wrote: »
    i replaced my LG urbane with the huawei sport 4G battery with SIM card inserted always on i get 2 + days battery, But i charge it on the 2nd night, just to be clear it depends of how much usage you going to give it in a day (GPS, calls, play with the screen) you going to get most a day.

i was between the galaxy gear but didn't wanted to give up the google voice features

I came from the original Moto 360 to the urbane a few months ago and Android Wear V2 is absolute horse ****e.
    So laggy that if someone calls me sometimes it goes to voicemail before it will even show up on my watch.
    I'm also after deciding I prefer the bezel less look of the Moto 360 than the bezel and large shoulders on the urbane.

What was your experience like and how do you rate the Huawei sport?

I came from the original Moto 360 to the urbane a few months ago and Android Wear V2 is absolute horse ****e.
    So laggy that if someone calls me sometimes it goes to voicemail before it will even show up on my watch.
    I'm also after deciding I prefer the bezel less look of the Moto 360 than the bezel and large shoulders on the urbane.

What was your experience like and how do you rate the Huawei sport?

i am enjoying the huawei, the gps is accurate (running and mapping hikes) i also map hikes with dedicated Garmin GPS hiking and the numbers match.

I have no issues at all with notifications, if phone gets one within seconds i get the buzz on the watch. i would prefer a bigger size of watch but apart from the casio one there is no other one i would rather looks wise (android wear).

regarding the Urbane i never had any issues with the watch and notifications, never truly liked the big silver bezel my first choice had been the R but the screen failed one time.

• Advertisement

the only reason i replaced the urbane was jut to get new one and the speaker which doesn't really do what i thought it would but not disappointed with that.

Have you factory reseted the watch and uninstall wear and all its apps from the phone and start from new? i have the 2 side by side now and see no difference between the 2

Lg connected to LG G5
    huawei S7

that rotating bazel, that watch is really nice only if it was android would be perfect (for me of course)

I dont mind the lack of apps on tizen theres nothing really worth it in android what i would miss is the OK GOOGLE and get what i want make calls send texts search results, start routes with google maps all with just saying ok google....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I was reading about someone with that exact problem recently, might have even been the same company. You can always look at their feedback and ask how they sell it for that price and still make profit.

PMd them about it asking where they source them from etc and all I got back was, "You will collect them from our shop, sealed in box". Fierce informative. 280 postive feedback and zero negative though.

• Advertisement

Testament1 wrote: »
    PMd them about it asking where they source them from etc and all I got back was, "You will collect them from our shop, sealed in box". Fierce informative. 280 postive feedback and zero negative though.

Has to be insurance replacements or something. Not that there's anything illegal with that (unless it's pure insurance fraud to source them). I got a replacement M7 on insurance, and decided to sell it sealed in box, as I knew I'd get a better price. I didn't even know if it would be network unlocked, since the original was purchased through Vodafone. The buyer contacted me later in the day after he got it to say it was unlocked.

If they had ripped people off in the past, I'm sure there would be at least some negative feedback.

I know it has probably been discussed before but don't have the time to go through each page.

What phone case do you all have and where did you buy it from?

I know it has probably been discussed before but don't have the time to go through each page.

What phone case do you all have and where did you buy it from?

I just have the one that came with it. There's very little out there atm.

And so I just went onto Amazon and they finally have Spigen cases, so have just ordered Rugged Armor and Liquid Crystal cases.

And so I just went onto Amazon and they finally have Spigen cases, so have just ordered Rugged Armor and Liquid Crystal cases.

Ah ok, thank you.

I noticed that they didn't ship to Ireland and didn't really fancy using the likes of parcel motel :(

Ah ok, thank you.

I noticed that they didn't ship to Ireland and didn't really fancy using the likes of parcel motel :(

I use parcel motel more often than having things sent to my house.

Just got the beyeah glass screen protecter from amazon and apart from tiny gap around edges screen it doesn't cover actually very happy with it.

Took few goes to get all bubbles out but it doesn't seem to change color or quality of screen and when touching screen you forget it's there.

Ordered both them there meself. Dunno which to stick with but guess they will both serve there purpose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Got the olixar clear case anyway, its grand for now I guess, might wait to see what ye think of the spigens. I was never one for clear cases. had the spigen rugged amour on both previous s7 and G5, just a bit reluctant to put one on this, purely from design pov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The case that it comes with is pretty good I think

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    The case that it comes with is pretty good I think

I only really have two issues with it. It scratches up way too easily, and crap collects along the top edge of the phone, where it meets the case.

I only really have two issues with it. It scratches up way too easily, and crap collects along the top edge of the phone, where it meets the case.

I think a clear case is mandatory on a phone with such a handsome back panel.

Flaccus wrote: »
    I think a clear case is mandatory on a phone with such a handsome back panel.

That's my thinking but at same time it's not as hefty as models before hence reason I bought both cases see which suits best.

Do you have the regular S8 or the plus? be interested to see what you think. I have a feeling that I would prefer the camera on the S8 (tend to prefer the more vibrant pictures that Samsung phones take)

How do you find browsing and youtube videos (do they still have the black bar thing?) oh, one last thing, how's the speaker for youtube videos?

Do you have the regular S8 or the plus? be interested to see what you think. I have a feeling that I would prefer the camera on the S8 (tend to prefer the more vibrant pictures that Samsung phones take)

How do you find browsing and youtube videos (do they still have the black bar thing?) oh, one last thing, how's the speaker for youtube videos?

The difference in colour saturation isn't pronounced like it used to be, and a big part of that is the colours in the amoled screen when you view them, rather than the actual image having punchier colours.

The EU S8 really got shafted this year. It uses the ISOCELL camera sensor and the Exynos chip which are both worse than the Sony sensor and SD 835 found in the US model.

Shafted in the sense that it's meant to be an identical product, but both the chip and camera sensor are clearly inferior. On the flip side, the selfie camera is better on the eu model, if you're into that kind of thing.

It's also a bit of swings and roundabouts. Last year the EU model was much better than what the US got.

• Advertisement

As far as I know. I think the difference is more down to the processing of the chipset rather than the actual sensor, though. The SD 835 just has better image processing built in.

The devcheck app should say all your hardware details. Some stuff requires root though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.devcheck

Advertisement