Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC 11 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Ya bothers me as well. Only option is a custom rom far as I can tell and I'm not sure its worth the effort.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Ya bothers me as well. Only option is a custom rom far as I can tell and I'm not sure its worth the effort.

It's always worth the effort :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭GIMP

Does anyone know how to access the System UI?

GIMP wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to access the System UI?

Access in what way?

If you just mean settings for it, it's Settings > Apps > 3 dot menu top right > show system > search for System UI

More specifically System UI Tuner to try to disable Heads up notification from WhatsApp, it was possible on some phones by holding down the cog icon on the notification drop down but is disabled on U11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Noticed an odd one this evening when taking low light photos and I don't know if it's a general software bug or a fault with my handset. Does anyone else's phone take panorama shots really dark in comparison to a single shot?

Panorama doesn't have any kind of HDR, so I guess it would often end up darker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Anyone ever have issues with volume levels recording video on Snapchat? Some of my snaps sound great, others are really muffled sounding. I changed my audio setting in video mode to Hi Res instead of 3D as I thought that might have been the problem. Logged out and back into Snapchat but still the same.

Apparently the phone has 4 mics you sure your not blocking one at times?

Apparently the phone has 4 mics you sure your not blocking one at times?

It's possible but there were some snaps where half of it was muffled and then there was a burst of sound towards the end and my hand placement wouldn't have changed.

Also for the guys who've made the leap, is Venom ROM now up and running as a stable daily driver or is there still kinks to be worked out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Is it still possible use a promo code to reduce its price from €750 on their Irish website?

Is it still possible use a promo code to reduce its price from €750 on their Irish website?

Don't see why not....have you joined the HTC Club?

Basil3 wrote: »
    Don't see why not....have you joined the HTC Club?

Ah ok thanks. So it was reductions for members, I'll look it up thanks. It's my sister I was pricing it for

Ah ok thanks. So it was reductions for members, I'll look it up thanks. It's my sister I was pricing it for

Just logged in there and the U11 is €674 on HTC Club. The 10 is also €424, decent price for that.

Here's where you sign up:

https://www.htc.com/ie/newsletter/

Think I'm gonna have to get onto HTC. Occasionally when I launch the camera it'll be wavy or blurry and the camera sensor will begin to emit a kind of whirring noise. Majority of the time the camera works perfectly but the fact this happens at all is concerning. Couldn't find any other reports of it in a quick Google search either.

Other than that I love the phone. When it comes to the audio department HTC are leagues ahead of Samsung. It's a pleasure to listen to music on this phone. The Blue glass rear is stunning too

• Advertisement

Mine has started freezing the odd time when I launch the camera lately. The screen was always pretty jumpy in camera mode, though I heard that was a common HTC thing, but not sure why the freezing started.

If you mean jerky preview, it's usually when light is lower and you might have HDR enabled. It's giving real time feedback on the slower shutter speed required. You shouldn't ever notice this outside in good light.

Mine has started freezing the odd time when I launch the camera lately. The screen was always pretty jumpy in camera mode, though I heard that was a common HTC thing, but not sure why the freezing started.

Haven't ever had that. When mine starts acting up I need to close and relaunch the app or else I can't get the camera to focus on anything

Just logged in there and the U11 is €674 on HTC Club. The 10 is also €424, decent price for that.

Here's where you sign up:

https://www.htc.com/ie/newsletter/

Thanks V much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭United Red

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone has purchased the dual SIM (Red) version of the HTC U11 phone and if so any issues:)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭maverick_21

Anyone know how to chance your push notification settings? When my phone is locked the push notification will say contents hidden. It also doesn't allow me to swipe right to close them when my phone is locked.

Cheers

Anyone know how to chance your push notification settings? When my phone is locked the push notification will say contents hidden. It also doesn't allow me to swipe right to close them when my phone is locked.

Cheers

Settings > sound and notifications > on the lock screen

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭maverick_21

Nice one thanks man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just noticed last few days battery is going bit quicker then it was at the start.

On 67 percent now haven't used it much since I plugged it out this morning at 5am.

Is there any known issues that can cause battery drain?

Anything that actually prevents it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Just noticed last few days battery is going bit quicker then it was at the start.

On 67 percent now haven't used it much since I plugged it out this morning at 5am.

Is there any known issues that can cause battery drain?

Anything that actually prevents it?

Use HTC boost to manage your apps... Facebook & YouTube are big battery drains.

I used to have a habit of doing that before this phone, not every day but definitely every week, checking the uptime and rebooting.

Stopped with this phone though! Uptime isn't in the settings so I just stopped thinking about it.

Boost+ seems to be doing some sort of alchemy so I just let it do its thing.

I had boost plus didn't like it I'll give it another look.

I used to be able to leave my phone sitting there before went bed full and wake up with more then 90.

I got rid of Facebook ages ago cause of battery.

It's 49 percent now and I've made two short phone calls and on Internet for few mins otherwise been in my pocket.

Clear the apps from the recents and fully turn off the phone for a sec.

Clear the apps from the recents and fully turn off the phone for a sec.

Done it early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Done it early on.

Sounds like you could have a rouge app... I'd delete any apps I'd installed around the time the battery drain became evident & then only reinstall what is necessary.

I'm letting the battery run right down before charge it tonight. Itstead of over charging as sometimes I have to do.

• Advertisement

I have an issue with my handset, Call Waiting is not working, it is selected in settings and I have contacted Vodafone re but they fobed me off.

Anyone have this issue or know a solution?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

GIMP wrote: »
    I have an issue with my handset, Call Waiting is not working, it is selected in settings and I have contacted Vodafone re but they fobed me off.

Anyone have this issue or know a solution?

I'm pretty sure that's a network issue. Go back to Vodafone about it.

I'm pretty sure that's a network issue. Go back to Vodafone about it.

They are adamant its a handset or sim issue which I think is unlikely.

Is there any way of getting Samsung emojis on this? The HTC ones are fairly rubbish!

Testament1 wrote: »
    Is there any way of getting Samsung emojis on this? The HTC ones are fairly rubbish!

I can change them with my custom ROM. Not sure about stock. Which keyboard do you use?

I can change them with my custom ROM. Not sure about stock. Which keyboard do you use?

Been using the standard Touch Pal one. Downloaded GBoard too but it still uses the same system ones or horrific looking Google ones.

Been thinking of sticking Viper on it. What's your thoughts on it as a daily driver?

Been using the standard Touch Pal one. Downloaded GBoard too but it still uses the same system ones or horrific looking Google ones.

Been thinking of sticking Viper on it. What's your thoughts on it as a daily driver?

I'm biased, have helped out with those guys since they started venom (well, before then really). It's all I've used as a daily driver for years, and theoretically it's as stable as stock.

The main developer has the same model as us (EU unlocked), so we're always looked after.

The main developer has the same model as us (EU unlocked), so we're always looked after.

I'm on the 128GB variant though!

• Advertisement

I'm on the 128GB variant though!

Yeah, it still works the same. No issues there.

Advertisement