Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC 11 Thread

Comments

Patww79 wrote: »
    Where's the best place to see what list of the extra features over stock? I still don't think I'd be able/willing to risk rooting but I'd be interested to see what it has over what I have now.

No idea if this will work or be visible...

http%3A%2F%2Fvenomroms.com%2Fwp-content%2Fthread-images%2Fhtc10%2FShowcase_new.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Looks good. A lot of it I don't like the look of (the big picture style quick settings tiles look awful), but seems to be plenty of options.

Yeah, some of those screenshots are old. The quick settings icons can be themed multiple styles (or you could make your own Samsung theme :D ) and can be resized.

Was having a look through the post on XDA there. Do you not need to root to install this? Does that mean Android Pay would still work if it ever launched?

You have to root, but android pay still works. I've been using android pay for a good year or so without issue.

• Advertisement

Ah right, I never knew that. Always thought rooting triggered something to stop it working.

That said, I could have a HTC U13 by the time Bank or Ireland jump on that particular bandwagon!

Yeah, was reading on another thread that they are in the middle of some massive system migration, and there won't be any android pay until after that is done. Doesn't sound anytime soon.

Running a beta ROM with the upcoming new base from HTC. Has 60fps video included. Can't see a huge difference atm, will have to have a bit more of a play with it. The field of view is a bit wider than for 30fps for some reason, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Themes question, is there any way to theme the system ui on stock no root? Can only find colour options for the likes of the dialer in the edit current theme settings.

On my LG I could install theme apps from the play store that changed the ui colours and that's actually all I want to do, the notification pull down and settings.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Themes question, is there any way to theme the system ui on stock no root? Can only find colour options for the likes of the dialer in the edit current theme settings.

On my LG I could install theme apps from the play store that changed the ui colours and that's actually all I want to do, the notification pull down and settings.

Nope, they both used to theme back when HTC had a more basic theme engine. Ever since they went for a more stock settings and sysui, they don't get themed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭GIMP

Sign up to for a htc account and you can select any theme. I have 'Material Black' as my theme, dialer changes from white to black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭GIMP

Pic attached

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Got one of these over the weekend and loving it so far. Couple of questions:
    1. I get notifications about "Your new album is ready" every so often during the day. Its from Photos I think. How do I stop this and what is it?
    2. There is an icon next to the 4g one that I cant figure out what it is. Looks like a N or something with white background.
    Thanks
    Gav

The icon anyway is nfc and you can turn it off in settings - more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Cool ya think I have it turned off now was annoying me lol!!
    Dont see the need for nfc icon really bit of a pain as I do use for Android Pay so need to leave it on.

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Cool ya think I have it turned off now was annoying me lol!!
    Dont see the need for nfc icon really bit of a pain as I do use for Android Pay so need to leave it on.

Yeah, I'm the same....I always have nfc off, and just turn it on when I use AP. I have it in my quick settings, though, so easy to switch on and off....don't think you can do that on a stock device? Can't really remember.

You left it charging overnight and still nothing? Have you tried booting into download mode? I think power + vol down does it.

• Advertisement

Nothing happens at all, not even the LED to say it's plugged in. Tried a good few chargers and left it plugged in for nearly an hour. Nothing.

What's the chances of a warranty cover?

Would definitely be under warranty. Have you tried connecting it to a PC? I've had that with a few different devices over the years, but they always come to life.

I'd contact HTC about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Anyone know if I'm not seeing a setting or if I've a bug? The phone goes into do not disturb when I'm on a call, which is normal, but since yesterday it doesn't come out of do not disturb when I end the call.

I'd say a bug. Maybe try wipe the cache partition..

I have read about that bug before, haven't experienced it myself though. Don't really use my phone to make many calls :D

• Advertisement

Had a weird problem today a few times with audio stuttering. Would happen when I would be multitasking, hit the home button to come out of any player (pocketcasts, spotify or cloudplayer) and the sound would start breaking down.

I stopped boost optimising the apps but that didn't help and they've been optimised for ages now anyway.

Eventually did a boost clear out and restarted and that sorted it.

Found a few threads for it happening on the 10 but need to read more yet. Ever come across this Basil?

Had a weird problem today a few times with audio stuttering. Would happen when I would be multitasking, hit the home button to come out of any player (pocketcasts, spotify or cloudplayer) and the sound would start breaking down.

I stopped boost optimising the apps but that didn't help and they've been optimised for ages now anyway.

Eventually did a boost clear out and restarted and that sorted it.

Found a few threads for it happening on the 10 but need to read more yet. Ever come across this Basil?

No, sorry. Were you using Bluetooth?

Basil3 wrote: »
    No, sorry? Were you using Bluetooth?

Yep. But I always use it and nothing has changed.

That's a bit misleading. It's comparing the Google HDR+ cam using HDR to the U11 one not using HDR. From what I've seen, the Google camera is less bright than the U11 with HDR, but some people might prefer it.

Here's the apk, BTW.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195922284

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Just noticed a small scratch beside my front speaker at the top of the phone. Only a couple of milimetres long but still disappointing considering I've been looking after this phone.

Yeah I was really disappointed at how quickly and easily my screen scratched compared to the Samsung. I've sort of forgot the protector is there now though.

It's pure luck. They use the exact same gorilla glass.

All it takes is one small piece of sand or something.

On a side note, I finally got olixar screen protectors after waiting a month for delivery. Absolute rubbish, will be coming off again :D

• Advertisement

Anyone ever manage to find a good glass one that the sides stick on?

Some people have used the ones that cover the entire front, with curved edges. Mixed reviews, though.

Update on this too, uninstalling the Google Contacts app seems to have sorted it.

I'm using Google contacts and Google phone apk for non Nexus and I've had no do not disturbed issues..

Maybe it's because I wasn't using the Google Phone one with it. I'd only tried out the Contacts as it got a proper Play Store release a few days ago.

That was the Do Not Disturb issue, the bluetooth calls one was some glitch with the Gear S3. When I checked the bluetooth devices it was checked to handle voice calls (with a non Samsung phone you can't route phone audio to it so it was going nowhere). I just reset it and connected it again.

Here's the link to the Google phone (non Nexus) APK if you'd like to try it. Liking the search function. Put in the business name and the number pops up
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-phone/google-phone-7-0-140861421-nonnexus-release/google-phone-7-0-140861421-nonnexus-android-apk-download/

Cheers. Did you set them as defaults or completely disable the HTC equivalents?

I set the Google phone as default but I didn't disable HTC phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Has anyone imported a U11 from the USA? It would *appear* that there aren't any compatibility issues (at least buying unlocked from HTC directly), but if anyone can verify that'd be great. The pricing is a lot better (if you have delivery arrangement sorted out) than I've found in the EU. More than happy to be correct here though! :)

WetDaddy wrote: »
    Has anyone imported a U11 from the USA? It would *appear* that there aren't any compatibility issues (at least buying unlocked from HTC directly), but if anyone can verify that'd be great. The pricing is a lot better (if you have delivery arrangement sorted out) than I've found in the EU. More than happy to be correct here though! :)

Price isn't really better, unless you're going to somehow avoid VAT. It can be bought for €674 here direct from HTC. If you get it for $600 in the states on discount somewhere, that would work out to a bit over €500. Add VAT onto that and you're well over €600 for a device that *may* have compatibility issues with networks, and won't have an EU warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Basil3 wrote: »
    Price isn't really better, unless you're going to somehow avoid VAT. It can be bought for €674 here direct from HTC. If you get it for $600 in the states on discount somewhere, that would work out to a bit over €500. Add VAT onto that and you're well over €600 for a device that *may* have compatibility issues with networks, and won't have an EU warranty.

All fair points. The EU warranty I had thought of and it was always going to be lingering there - thanks!

I've an upgrade through Three and am going that route. Damn shame about the limit on colour though - just wish there was an easy way to swap for silver, blue or red.

1jcdub wrote: »
    Here's the link to the Google phone (non Nexus) APK if you'd like to try it. Liking the search function. Put in the business name and the number pops up
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-phone/google-phone-7-0-140861421-nonnexus-release/google-phone-7-0-140861421-nonnexus-android-apk-download/

Quick one on this, I installed the one you linked to and it works great, but there are links to more recent versions below, version 11 but it doesn't install, is it possible to update this app or is v7 the only one that works?

• Advertisement
Advertisement