Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC 11 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Quick one on this, I installed the one you linked to and it works great, but there are links to more recent versions below, version 11 but it doesn't install, is it possible to update this app or is v7 the only one that works?

We'll have to wait for the latest release APK to be modified before it'll work on our phones. I'm sure it'll be out there within a week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

1jcdub wrote: »
    We'll have to wait for the latest release APK to be modified before it'll work on our phones. I'm sure it'll be out there within a week or two.

Im not to bothered about it really anyway, the dialer was the only thing htc wise kinda annoying me, so installing this and Google contacts nicely takes care of that.

This will sound odd but im barely using anything htc on this phone, iv nova set up with a pixel look and not using any htc apps.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Im not to bothered about it really anyway, the dialer was the only thing htc wise kinda annoying me, so installing this and Google contacts nicely takes care of that.

This will sound odd but im barely using anything htc on this phone, iv nova set up with a pixel look and not using any htc apps.

Yup. Even though I theme HTC ROM's and all their apps, I don't actually use any HTC stuff apart from the dialer. They used to be so far ahead of the Android equivalent, but over the years HTC have stopped improving, and stock Android has improved loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Plugged my phone in the other night at 71%. Charging symbol appeared as usual. An hour later it was still at 71 and hadn't been used, charging symbol still present. Unplugged and plugged in again and it charged fine. Hasn't happened since either, strange one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Any recommendations for a phone cover and screen protector?
    Have the phone a couple of months now and a couple of scratches on the screen probably from phone hitting off keys or coins in pocket!! My own stupidity not getting a cover or protector so far.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Any recommendations for a phone cover and screen protector?
    Have the phone a couple of months now and a couple of scratches on the screen probably from phone hitting off keys or coins in pocket!! My own stupidity not getting a cover or protector so far.

Thanks
    The spigen covers do the job perfectly I have gel case and armour case.

Just get a basic plastic screen protecter.

• Advertisement

128gb dual sim available through htc club now. €719

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Have had to switch off my Edge Sense.

I was having too many instances where, even at the highest level of pressure, my camera was launching in my pocket.

Anyone have similar issues?

Ta,
    R

Have had to switch off my Edge Sense.

I was having too many instances where, even at the highest level of pressure, my camera was launching in my pocket.

Anyone have similar issues?
    Ta,
    R[/quote
    I'm having the same issue when sitting down with the phone in my back pocket. . Also turned off edge sense

1jcdub wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue when sitting down with the phone in my back pocket. . Also turned off edge sense

It should be illegal for phones to be put in back pockets.

• Advertisement

Updated my phone yesterday, (I'm rarely on WiFi so I manually searched, not sure when the update was released), and my camera issues appear to be gone for now anyway, happy days! Now if I could just get the mics to play nice with Snapchat!!

1.27.400.9 on August security patch. I'm on 3 but bought my phone SIM free.

Cool its probably rolling out so, hopefully get it in the next few days.

• Advertisement

Yeah mines dual SIM. Checked manually for an update yesterday and it just popped up. Now that the camera is running fine again I'll be holding onto the phone after all. I guess I'll have to invest in a proper clear case. The HTC supplied one isn't holding up too well and lets dirt in behind it.

Testament1 wrote: »
    1.27.400.9 on August security patch. I'm on 3 but bought my phone SIM free.

.400 or .401? .400 is Indian base ROM.

In any case, 1.27 base has been going out the last week or so. Can't be far off.

Its the 128GB model, bought it off eGlobal a while back knowing it would be an Asian import. Only issue I had with was the camera which appears to be fixed with this latest update. Everything else works as if it was an Irish bought phone.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Will the European model see this or is it forgotten already?

Yes, we will get it. I'm already running it on my device via a custom ROM, so the 1.27.401 for EU models is definitely on the way.

I'd say it's probably the last update before the Oreo base in Q3.

QDMKUPN.png?1

Where's the cheapest you can pick up a Spigen Liquid Crystal case? Mobile Fun is coming in around 20-21 Euro after postage. Seems a bit saucy for what it is.

Haha that'd be great cheers! I might not like it either, I'm so torn with this phone. I want to use it without a case but it's too slippy and it'd definitely get ruined at work! So I'm looking for something that offers protection while showing off the colour as much as possible!

PMd you there!

Yep that's my big fear with the supplied HTC hard case. It lets dirt and grit in the back and I'd be worried that it would wind up scratching the back. Been looking at a thread on XDA about cases and there aren't too many options that still show off the back. Some of the folks on that thread have some truly hideous blocks of yokes on their phones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I bought both the gel and armour case on Amazon when first went on sale. Bought both incase didn't like either to be honest haven't put armour case back on since first day!

I work in kitchen and taught this phone gonna be a nightmare without a case and even a with one but so far really like it!

I just pull case off run it under tap then give screen quick dab water and it's all brand new.

Very happy with spigens gel case doesn't hide the phone holds well in your hand and gives it nice bit of protection without bulk.

Update has poped up for me just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭SQ2

Has anyone had any problem with the fingerprint sensor / home button? Mine has stopped working altogether after approx 3 weeks of use!
    Have tried reboots and reprogramming the fingerprints, but it's not responding to any touch. Phone works fine other than that, had used it occasionally in the rain at EP over the weekend but would have been wiped off and back into dry pocket after.

SQ2 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any problem with the fingerprint sensor / home button? Mine has stopped working altogether after approx 3 weeks of use!
    Have tried reboots and reprogramming the fingerprints, but it's not responding to any touch. Phone works fine other than that, had used it occasionally in the rain at EP over the weekend but would have been wiped off and back into dry pocket after.

Have you you tried wiping the cache partition..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭SQ2

It actually started working again about an hour ago! Does that sound like something drying out perhaps? What would wiping the cache have done out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

Phone only a few weeks old and cracked the screen, dropped it off a bed onto tiles had the supplied case on it, contacted HTC to get it repaired.

They told me they dont repair phones and told me the contacts of SBE to get it fixed which will cost 180 euros which i cant complain about but whats really annoying is HTC told me the warranty is now void. any other manufacter ive dealt with always give at least 6 months or a year warranty after repairing the screen.

Anyone get the Edge Sense update yet or know how to get it?

I got it today. Just an ordinary app update through the playstore.

• Advertisement

menuisier wrote: »
    Phone only a few weeks old and cracked the screen, dropped it off a bed onto tiles had the supplied case on it, contacted HTC to get it repaired.

They told me they dont repair phones and told me the contacts of SBE to get it fixed which will cost 180 euros which i cant complain about but whats really annoying is HTC told me the warranty is now void. any other manufacter ive dealt with always give at least 6 months or a year warranty after repairing the screen.

Yeah, that doesn't sound right to me.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, that doesn't sound right to me.

I'll try tweeting them to see if that help.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

My HTC U11 also smashed after a small fall (maybe 2 feet) last week. It fell flat from a low chair, the first time I can recall ever dropping one. I did not panic as assumed such a small fall would not cause any real damage. Unfortunately for me, when I picked it up and turned it around there were cracks all over the screen, somehow going around the side in all corners despite the phone not landing on the sides.

I have sent it for repair with my insurance, but imagine it will take a while.

I have to say, as a HTC user for the past 7 years, this is the first time I've broken a phone and it was far too easy.

To make things worse, I had bought an Amazon screen guard which did not fit so had returned it and was waiting for a delivery of another one. I am not sure a screen guard would have prevented this though, it seems that with the pressure the whole screen gave up.

I love the device, but it is not as hardy as it's predecessors. I really wish they would launch an official case / screen guard too. Lots of junk on Amazon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭GIMP

Did you have a cover on it, sorry to hear yours broke...pain! Coincidentally I dropped mine too this morning, similar height, hit a table and then the ground, survived but i have a Spigen Rugged Armour case on mine.

i got a reply off them on twitter but no change on what they old me over email.

i had a Spigen case order on amazon but canceled it as i knew i wouldnt come before my holiday which is where it broke.
    A week ago i thought they were great giving a two year warranty dont think they are so great now...

would you recommend that Spigen case?

i had a Spigen case order on amazon but canceled it as i knew i wouldnt come before my holiday which is where it broke.
    A week ago i thought they were great giving a two year warranty dont think they are so great now...

To be fair, a 2 year warranty is the law. It's not them being nice :D

Really strange that using their official repair centre will void the warranty. Doesn't really make sense to me.

I've been going through a 3 month battle with HTC over my warranty repair of my Nexus 9. First time I've had to go through the process, and it's enough to put me off spending any money on them again. I guess they're not going to exist as a company much longer anyway, if rumours are to be believed.

• Advertisement

This is all they told me.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting HTC, we are sorry to hear what happened to your U11.

Regarding your inquiry, please note unfortunately the device will be considered now out of the warranty due to the physical damage.

Please note that you can send your device to one of the below repair centers, for any details regarding the repair price, please refer to the repair center:

Fonfix

1 Sandyford Park,

Burton Hall Avenue,

Sandyford Industrial Estate,

Dublin 18

http://www.fonfix.ie/PhoneReturn.aspx

Tel: +353 (0)12950907

and

SBE Ireland

Block F1 Grants Lane

Greenogue Business Park

Rathcoole

Co. Dublin

http://sbeglobalservice.com/

Tel. +353 (1) 40 18 176

Fax +353 (1) 40 18 186

yea heard the rumors about google buying them out. ive had to deal with google support on a nexus phone i had. thought they were pretty good to deal with. They sent out a new phone and I just had to send back the doggy one in the same box.

I have a nexus 9 as well. what do you think of it? i find it solid enough build but dog slow from day one, very sluggish changing app, bring up the keyboard, all round slow.

This is all they told me.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting HTC, we are sorry to hear what happened to your U11.

Regarding your inquiry, please note unfortunately the device will be considered now out of the warranty due to the physical damage.

Please note that you can send your device to one of the below repair centers, for any details regarding the repair price, please refer to the repair center:

Fonfix

1 Sandyford Park,

Burton Hall Avenue,

Sandyford Industrial Estate,

Dublin 18

http://www.fonfix.ie/PhoneReturn.aspx

Tel: +353 (0)12950907

and

SBE Ireland

Block F1 Grants Lane

Greenogue Business Park

Rathcoole

Co. Dublin

http://sbeglobalservice.com/

Tel. +353 (1) 40 18 176

Fax +353 (1) 40 18 186

yea heard the rumors about google buying them out. ive had to deal with google support on a nexus phone i had. thought they were pretty good to deal with. They sent out a new phone and I just had to send back the doggy one in the same box.

I have a nexus 9 as well. what do you think of it? i find it solid enough build but dog slow from day one, very sluggish changing app, bring up the keyboard, all round slow.

I've always found mine to be pretty snappy. Battery life took a bit of a nosedive though. One day it locked up while watching a YouTube vid, had to force a reset, and then it was fine until the battery ran out. After that, it just wouldn't charge any more.

Sent it in for warranty repair, and after taking about 2 months to tell me it couldn't be repaired and they'd give me a replacement or refund, they then turned around a few weeks later and said that it had internal damage to the mainboard and it isn't covered under warranty as the cost of repair outweighs the value of the device.

I have it insured, so it will be interesting if they manage to repair it after i've been told it's not feasible.

You don't even want to know the full version of what I've been through the last 3 months. Complete mess.

The dev community is what has made me stick with HTC all these years, but those days are over. Android has matured enough that devices can be used stock without missing out on some of the benefits custom roms used to bring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭GIMP

Pretty good case as far as I am concerned, saved mine from a few drops lately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement