Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC 11 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Has anyone ever caught a glimpse of a notification symbol for either htc companion or maybe alexa flashing for a fraction of a second in the top left of the status bar?

It pops up a few times a day and now Iv noticed it I think I see every time. I don't have companion or alexa running but I feel like it could be one of them being stopped before it can get going, if that makes any sense.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever caught a glimpse of a notification symbol for either htc companion or maybe alexa flashing for a fraction of a second in the top left of the status bar?

It pops up a few times a day and now Iv noticed it I think I see every time. I don't have companion or alexa running but I feel like it could be one of them being stopped before it can get going, if that makes any sense.

I have both disabled, so haven't noticed either.

Had Olixar screen protectors I ordered over 2 months ago from mobilefun finally arrive. After 5 weeks they hadn't arrived so they sent me out replacements with overnight delivery, so I guess I've ended up with 2 for the price of 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Where's that info coming from Pat?

Patww79 wrote: »

Only rumours I've heard are for new devices this side of Xmas.

Wires seem alive with the sound of acquisition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Google acquisition?

• Advertisement

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Google acquisition?

HTC are buying Google :pac:

Think they’ve offered a U Ultra, and a Re:Camera to sweeten the deal.

I was hoping to hold on to my U11 for at least another year but this changes things.

I sense a LG V30 acquisition for myself in my near future.

Realistically what could it mean for current u11 users?

Patww79 wrote: »

Yeah. I can only really see this being a good thing for HTC and Google. Considering that we can't readily get LG or Pixel devices in Ireland, it would be pretty bad if HTC also dropped out of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

I was hoping to hold on to my U11 for at least another year but this changes things.

I sense a LG V30 acquisition for myself in my near future.

I'm thinking the same!

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/richardlai/status/910687736880816128

https://twitter.com/Google/status/910686907713052672

$1.1 billion for part of HTC. Will be very interesting to see what comes of this.

With a bit of luck we might get the Android updates faster now on HTC phones along with the Pixels?

MoodeRator wrote: »
    With a bit of luck we might get the Android updates faster now on HTC phones along with the Pixels?

Possibly. The delays on rollout of new Android bases were partly down to manpower, and party because all HTC's modified code needs to be updated to work with the new base. It's the same reason Samsung can't push out an update quickly, despite having a massive team to work on it.

Quick query guys:

Reading reports this morning about HTC releasing their HTC Ocean Master this coming November.

It’s piqued my interest ‘cos it’s rumoured to have a ‘borderless/bezel-less display’ - something that quite appeals to me, design-wise.

I’ve got my HTC U11 and I was wondering, do you guys know if HTC offer a Trade-In/Upgrade option with their phones? Or would I just have to go down the road of a private sale?

Ta,
    R

• Advertisement

Can I see it upsetting alot of people who picked up the U11 early.

Quick query guys:

Reading reports this morning about HTC releasing their HTC Ocean Master this coming November.

It’s piqued my interest ‘cos it’s rumoured to have a ‘borderless/bezel-less display’ - something that quite appeals to me, design-wise.

I’ve got my HTC U11 and I was wondering, do you guys know if HTC offer a Trade-In/Upgrade option with their phones? Or would I just have to go down the road of a private sale?

Ta,
    R

They have done this sometimes in the past, but you're best to just sell it before the general public know there's a new one coming out. I got about €450 for my U11.
    Can I see it upsetting alot of people who picked up the U11 early.

Nothing new. Early adopters generally miss out, especially with HTC. First they release the U11 single sim only in some colours, then they release the red and dual SIM almost straight after. It's just strange this year, because the release of the U11 was so late. Usually the flagship is out March/April.

So, Basil, you've sold your U11?

So, Basil, you've sold your U11?

Yup, HTC pissed me off after being a faithful devotee for at least a decade. :D

To be honest, I've always wanted another Note, but there hasn't been one released here for a few years. When the Note 8 came out, I had to jump on it.

• Advertisement

Cool. To be honest, I think I'd like to move on. Nothing particularly wrong with the phone - just don't think it's as future-proof as I normally like (mostly in the [front] design department). Note definitely speaks to me, but I'll keep an eye on the Ocean Master, see what comes of that. Can't really sell right now as I've no fall back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Was sorely tempted by Note 8 too but as someone who listens to a lot of music Samsung are always a let down in that department for me. The only other phone I'd be interested in would be the V30 if the audio quality is as top notch as it's claimed to be. Keen to see how this Ocean Master plays out all the same.

My feelings on this phone have been up and down like a rollercoaster the last few days. I had a day off and time to myself Thursday so I installed Viper, and it's addressed some of the small niggley things that were bothering me, adaway now running so I can use Chrome all the time and get rid of brave, block heads up notifications, and iv put a oreo theme/look on my quicksettings. Among plenty of other things. Its a very nice rom.

Had time to have a good look at display models of the note 8 and s8+ and I just not feeling it.

Not sure how I'll feel in another while if the V30 ever becomes real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Been getting a warning today about the SD card unexpectedly being removed. Haven't touched the SD card or the Sim tray in general so don't know what's causing it. San Disk 128gb card so not like it's a cheapo option either.

I had the same on the 10 as well as the 11. I just removed card, copied all to pc, reformatted SD and good to go

Like another soul in this thread, I’ve had to take my U11 out of the Spiegen Liquid Crystal case - it did it no favours whatsoever looks-wise.

Negated everything I love about the phone.

Have you put it in something else or going au natural?

Iv mine in the spigen slim armor and it does annoy me a little that a phone as well designed has to go into a lump of plastic because im too nervous about dropping it or just slowly destroying the back glass.

Iv a slick wrap on the way, never used one on any of my phones before.

Have you put it in something else or going au natural?

Iv mine in the spigen slim armor and it does annoy me a little that a phone as well designed has to go into a lump of plastic because im too nervous about dropping it or just slowly destroying the back glass.

Iv a slick wrap on the way, never used one on any of my phones before.

Sorry should have clarified: Unfurnished basement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Is an upgrade from a HTC 10 worth the cost?

Main pluses over the 10 would be:
    - Bigger screen
    - Waterproofing
    - Better signal
    - Better battery life
    - Camera even better

Minuses:
    - Glass back
    - No headphone jack
    - Worse headphone sound (imo, although still good)
    - Harder to use one handed

It really depends on what is important to you. I upgraded to the latest HTC every year at a cost of a few hundred euro after selling the previous one.

The 10 is still a decent phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Basil3 wrote: »

The 10 is still a decent phone.

If its battery wasn't so crap. Very disappointed with mine since upgrading from the M9

If I had my time over, I’d probably have waited for the next wave, either from HTC or another manufacturer, which would include a near bezel-less display.

As I’ve stated before on this thread, the U11 is an excellent phone but it already feels a little dated with Sense being as it has been for the past x years and a front design which is more or less generic.

Might wanna keep your eye on the upcoming (circa November) Ocean Master from HTC.

I would stick with the 10 for now if I were you.

If its battery wasn't so crap. Very disappointed with mine since upgrading from the M9

The 10 actually had decent battery life when it came out. Nougat killed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

I've got 2 HTC 11's one mint the other with a tiny light scratch but possibly crack running from the home button to the screen edge. Not noticeable unless you actually look at it very, very close up.
    Going to sell either one or possibly both and see what the pixel XL or HTC ocean has to offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Basil3 wrote: »
    The 10 actually had decent battery life when it came out. Nougat killed it.

Ok, any workarounds, apart from rooting?

Ok, any workarounds, apart from rooting?

Ideally HTC update to 7.1.1 which has much better battery. Can't see it happening though. Next big update will be to Oreo I'd say, so hopefully that sorts it.

https://twitter.com/LlabTooFeR/status/921290724083159040

Promising news. The official Nougat update was a lot later on the 10 last year. I hope they can keep to schedule.

• Advertisement

Just logged on to htc club and the 64gb is down to €584 and the 128 €656. Not bad. Maybe ahead of the plus release? I may be keeping half an eye on that, 18:9 aspect ratio and rear finger sensor is appealing.

Advertisement