Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC 11 Thread

Comments

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Just logged on to htc club and the 64gb is down to €584 and the 128 €656. Not bad. Maybe ahead of the plus release? I may be keeping half an eye on that, 18:9 aspect ratio and rear finger sensor is appealing.

By far the most appealing thing about the plus is the 4000mAh battery. Personally, I prefer a FPS on the front, but it's gotta go somewhere if you're reducing the bezels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Evan Blass has tweeted:

Much ado about nothing: the 11/2 HTC event is to launch the decidedly mid-range U11 Life, not the +. Dial back your excitement accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Ya. Hard to actually know though. People on xda saying why would htc build hype and have an event for just a single mid range.

If they don't release it now, when will they? If they are waiting till Q1 2018, it's too late because the S9 will be released then and they will have missed the boat! :pac:

I heard the plus had been pushed to December. This year has been a weird one, with the SD 835 production issues pushing everything back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Superquinn

Did anyone have to repair their screen? Any shops in Dublin that do it?

Just got new update, on the unlocked version obviously, October security patch and 'bug fixes'.

Iv been impressed so far with the updates. Even just security patches ever 2 months goes along way.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Just got it there myself. Thanks

A sh*ty Russian tech video looks like it got accidentally released showing off the U11+ and life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

You would imagine so with the oreo update.

A sh*ty Russian tech video looks like it got accidentally released showing off the U11+ and life.

Interesting with the transluscent back. Looks like you can see the wireless charging coil. No idea why that wasn't on the U11.

Some screenshots of the U11+ from that YT video:

https://imgur.com/a/Qes7N

5 button nav bar is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

I saw on the HTC Club site it said:
    This Black Friday we’re planning our biggest EVER deals. And the ONLY way you can get your hands on them is with HTC Club. Our exclusive Black Friday store will open early from 20th – 27th November, giving you even more time to shop the sale. But stock is limited

I wonder will the U11 get reduced more especially with the U11+ coming out?

Ya im keeping an eye on that myself. I would imagine there'll be further reductions. Im giving thought to the 128gb u11 if not the plus.

Official renders leaked:

https://fwned.com/htc-u11-plus-leak/

I must say I do really like that coil detail on the translucent variant.

• Advertisement

Yeah, only real selling point is the battery. Should be impressive.

I still prefer FPS on the front and capacitive buttons like with the U11.

It looks much more flatter than the U11 was. Yes they put in a bigger battery but of course the screen is bigger so that will take a hit on the battery so I'm not sure when it comes down to it, how much longer it will last.

I don't really use fingerprint to unlock on my current phone but I do like a home button to be on the front of the phone, also I think the front camera isn't as good as the U11?

Vahevala wrote: »
    It looks much more flatter than the U11 was. Yes they put in a bigger battery but of course the screen is bigger so that will take a hit on the battery so I'm not sure when it comes down to it, how much longer it will last.

I don't really use fingerprint to unlock on my current phone but I do like a home button to be on the front of the phone, also I think the front camera isn't as good as the U11?

U11 front camera is rubbish. The 10 was better.

Patww79 wrote: »

I guess I will wait & see, I wonder what the release date for Europe is because they didn't mention that. I love my selfies so the front camera is important to me lol.
    Basil3 wrote: »
    U11 front camera is rubbish. The 10 was better.

I thought the quality of the U11 front camera from pictures I saw online looked good.

Im not a selfie person but iv been using the selfie camera way more lately with my daughter who thinks it's hilarious and I think the quality is quite good.

Im of two minds about the + in that I see no compelling reason to upgrade from the U11 but its has a few nice features.

U11 front camera has no OIS and the pixels are way too small. I'm sure it probably lost any head-to-head with flagships from earlier this year.

On top of that, use the squeeze and reflective back to use the main camera for a decent selfie!

• Advertisement

The U11+ isn't being sold in the US :eek::eek:

I find that an insane choice given the negativity around the pixel 2 xl. The amount of people the last week on reddit saying they'll be considering it as an alternative.

HTC are completely messed up in the US. The U11 is only officially supported by Sprint, and they partnered with them, but you could still technically use it on other networks when bought direct from HTC. I still know of people with issues, though...for example Verizon users not being able to get certain features working.

The model Apple uses is so much better, not answering to the different demands from various carriers.

Just looked up the htc uk twitter and they're telling people the pre order for the + will be starting 20th Nov for the black.

The Android authority hands on mentioned the clear one not coming till January or February.

Just looked up the htc uk twitter and they're telling people the pre order for the + will be starting 20th Nov for the black.

The Android authority hands on mentioned the clear one not coming till January or February.

I wonder if preorder starts Nov 20, when the actual release date will be?

2 or 3 weeks after anyway going by the u11 in may /June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Think I might pick this one up as seems to have everything id want (bar wireless charging) in a phone. Only thing is that its a bit heavier than the U11 (180g v 161g). Also seems we will be stuck with with the 6gb RAM, 128gb version, though its still cheaper than the pixel 2 XL in same configuration (£699 v £899).

Also seems this was oringally to be the Pixel 2 XL before it was pulled
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/2/16598218/google-pixel-2xl-htc-u11-plus-design-plans-change

Id say google are kicking themselves a bit based on the issues they are having with their POLED screen....

Just need to wait for Oneplus to revela details on the 5T, but at the moment HTC has done a good job making me want to part with my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I was close on pulling the trigger on a Pixel 2 or U11 but this seems to be a winner for me. Pricing is less than I was expecting too, thought they might try and push it to Note 8 or Pixel XL levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭SQ2

Having problems with my camera app crashing lately, anyone else? Any alternative camera apps recommended?

• Advertisement

SQ2 wrote: »
    Having problems with my camera app crashing lately, anyone else? Any alternative camera apps recommended?

Get a log for the crash

I know some guys who have been running Oreo on their U11's for a few weeks, so release schedule must be coming along nicely.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I know some guys who have been running Oreo on their U11's for a few weeks, so release schedule must be coming along nicely.

Any particular feedback from them in relation to performance etc Basil?

Any particular feedback from them in relation to performance etc Basil?

It's quite buggy for them, only because they are still running Nougat firmware. They don't want to flash the Oreo firmware yet, because you can have trouble downgrading if you need to.

Vodafone have confirmed that they are not stocking the U11+, Three also have no plans to stock this phone.

Meh, no skin off my nose. Direct from htc is the way to go.

Meh, no skin off my nose. Direct from htc is the way to go.

I guess the issue is a lot of people don't have that kind of money up front :(

I guess the issue is a lot of people don't have that kind of money up front :(

Of course, sorry, when you work it out though overall its cheaper. If your not on a contract its about the cost to change rather than the overall price. Trade in the existing phone to cex or sell on done deal. Cex is way easier.

I may wait to see what the black friday prices are for the U11 and if not cheap enough, may try to hold off and see what the S9 is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Vodafone have confirmed that they are not stocking the U11+, Three also have no plans to stock this phone.

...until they decide to stock it. I'm not holding out hope, but often it seems that networks say this only to launch the damn thing months later. It's their default answer.
    Of course, sorry, when you work it out though overall its cheaper. If your not on a contract its about the cost to change rather than the overall price. Trade in the existing phone to cex or sell on done deal. Cex is way easier.

That is not true for everyone, otherwise more people would avoid buying phones on contract. It depends on personal requirements. For many people, the convenience alone is worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement