Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC 11 Thread

Comments

AngryLips wrote: »
    ...until they decide to stock it. I'm not holding out hope, but often it seems that networks say this only to launch the damn thing months later. It's their default answer.

That is not true for everyone, otherwise more people would avoid buying phones on contract. It depends on personal requirements. For many people, the convenience alone is worth it.

Vodafone are useless with carrying devices. This is at least one department where 3 are head and shoulders above the rest.

Most people are on contract out of pure laziness/habit and because they think they're getting a good deal. When I was in the UK 7-8 years ago, I used to pay £20/month on an 18 month contract and £70 upfront for a phone worth £450. If you do the maths, you realise that is back when contracts used to offer value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Basil3 wrote: »
    Vodafone are useless with carrying devices. This is at least one department where 3 are head and shoulders above the rest.

Most people are on contract out of pure laziness/habit and because they think they're getting a good deal. When I was in the UK 7-8 years ago, I used to pay £20/month on an 18 month contract and £70 upfront for a phone worth £450. If you do the maths, you realise that is back when contracts used to offer value.

I can only speak for myself. I live on my own, I have to pay the entire rent myself, plus bills/food, I can't afford or justify spending a huge amount of money up front on a phone. Also I usually like to get insurance from the network provider.

I wouldn't touch 3 with a bargepole again as calls/data were constantly dropping. For me the only network that works where I am is Vodafone and I'm really happy with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Read on G+ that the Oreo update is starting to roll out now in Taiwan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    EU by next Christmas :pac:

Don't worry, you'll have it well before Xmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Was 450 on amazon.de yesterday...was so tempted but couldnt find out if it was dual sim version or not

The U11 is now €519.20 (I am guessing that includes the 20% offer), The U11+ is €719,10

Im little bit annoyed about the € price of the +. Its £629 in the uk which is ~€692. But I went and pre ordered it anyway. Had thought about getting the 6/128 u11 for 584 but went all in like a dope.

• Advertisement

I thought about the 64gb version of the U11 but funds are a bit too tight at the moment to be honest. I see Vodafone are doing special offers on billpay for the S8 & S8+ ... I must resist :eek::D

Cex prices are the same this morning so I might be off loading mine soon as possible. I don't think they make drastic changes to be honest. You'd still get 214 for an unlocked 10 in good condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Preordered the U11+ myself. Didn't see an expected delivery date when going through process, however HTC are now saying on twitter "aim is for a December shipping and we will be working as much as we can to make this before Xmas." Hope it's before Christmas as not sure can wait into the new year.....

Still 434 for me. Im doubting myself now with the 'some time before the end of December' delivery. Might cancel and go for the 6/128 u11 instead.

I'm listening to some music right now and the sound is fantastic. Bassy but bright and balanced, love it.

• Advertisement

Can anyone on here confirm something for me? I bought the 128gb dual sim to replace my original 64 u11 and the fingerprint sensor feels oddly different on the new unit. Its a fraction recessed and makes it feel like I have a glass screen protector on, but my original unit is flush with the front glass. I've found posts with people saying theirs are a bit recessed.

I want to check if its normal or if I have a problem. My most pressing concern would be water resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

I’ve got the original 64GB U11 and, while I wouldn’t say the sensor is recessed, I would say that is ever so slightly lower than the glass front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

I’ve got the original 64GB U11 and, while I wouldn’t say the sensor is recessed, I would say that is ever so slightly lower than the glass front.

My U11 also has a slightly recessed fingerprint button. About the same depth as a tempered glass

Ok cool thanks, normal so, its very slight but on my other unit is definitely not noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I've a 128GB dual SIM and my fingerprint reader is the tiniest bit recessed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Mine is noticeably recessed too. (128Gb).

Mine was recessed. I always thought it was deliberate to reduce chances of scratching it.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Anyone had an Oreo sighting yet?

Not here but its finally hit the states a day late. Keep an eye out next Tuesday. I recently found out that Tuesday is HTC update day!

Just updated my unlocked U11 to Oreo. Don't like the white background around some of the icons and can't remember how to change it.

Pretty sure it's an Asian market device. Bought it off eGlobalCentral.

• Advertisement

Yeah they're godawful. Can't seem to find any option to turn the white background off on the HTC so I might have to go down the launcher road for the first time with this phone.

Anyone know when the Oreo update is due to be released for Ireland / UK?

sentient_6 wrote: »

Thanks for that.

Hi all,

I took the plunge and ordered a U11 last week. Anyone know how long the delivery takes? I'm not getting any response from HTC support!

Cheers,
    N

I ordered mine last Thursday and got it Monday evening.

Contact them through the live chat on htc uk support.

https://twitter.com/TeamVenomROMs/status/936706623027982336

Interesting. The boys don't usually release stuff until HTC officially release. Maybe they have just ported the US release to work on any device. Am quite out of the loop with HTC stuff atm.

Ahhh.... There's a but
    You won't have Wi-FI (needs OREO firmware), you can get mobile data my entering your APN.
    Returning back to Nougat will just work when you format data, so back your data and also your internal sdcard. Do the Nandroid on your external, not internal!
    If you decide to flash US firmware with S-OFF, beware there is NO WAY BACK, since sunshine does not work on Oreo yet.
    So be careful what you do. Don't blame us if you are soft bricked

• Advertisement

Rumour is that Oreo for EU devices is dropping next week.

I quite like the idea of this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.htc.doze

though, anybody know if it will be available for the regular U11?

I quite like the idea of this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.htc.doze

though, anybody know if it will be available for the regular U11?

I'd say so.....needs Oreo to work, though. I don't know how well it will function as a play store app, you'd hope they have most of the code integrated into framework.

Edit: checked with a couple of guys I know running Oreo on the U11, and they said it's coming up as not compatible for them as well. Hopefully it's updated for the U11 in the future. They even tried sideloading, and still no dice.

• Advertisement

Still no Oreo update..... how reliable is the rumour of an update this week?

I'd say so.....needs Oreo to work, though. I don't know how well it will function as a play store app, you'd hope they have most of the code integrated into framework.

Edit: checked with a couple of guys I know running Oreo on the U11, and they said it's coming up as not compatible for them as well. Hopefully it's updated for the U11 in the future. They even tried sideloading, and still no dice.

Cheers Basil.

Still no Oreo update..... how reliable is the rumour of an update this week?

There's no mention of the Oreo update being released this week, but I'd say it'll be released to us between now and Christmas Day...

Yeah I'm on Oreo and its saying that it's not compatible with my device

• Advertisement
Advertisement