Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC 11 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Patww79 wrote: »
    No word of 8.0 yet?
    Nothing at all. It's suppose to be released by year end..

I don't think we'll see the Oreo update until the new year 2 at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

I thought this thread bump meant it had arrived :D

Sorry 😳 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I thought this thread bump meant it had arrived :D

It has for some of us ;)
    In all fairness though I don't notice much different cosmetically apart from things like those gammy white borders around apps. Battery seems to be a little better but maybe I'm just using the phone less at work haha.

I probably should look in to rooting and running a rom on this really as I rarely use it.

Bad timing, the main dev of Venom ROMs just quit. He did release an Oreo ROM beforehand, though.

The Oreo update for the unlocked U11 is being stalled in order to promote the U11+. Coincidentally where the U11+ is marketed, Oreo hadn't been released for the U11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭AngryLips

But where is the U11+ even marketed because I’d love to get my hands on one

• Advertisement

AngryLips wrote: »
    But where is the U11+ even marketed because I’d love to get my hands on one

You have to buy a SIM free from the HTC website

1jcdub wrote: »
    You have to buy a SIM free from the HTC website

Eurgh, not exactly an effective way to reach customers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Finally received the U11+ yesterday that I ordered from HTC in November. All I can say is they really need to work on their customer service.......

That not withstanding, the phone is hella smooth. Last phone was a HTC 10 that had started to slow down/freeze lately, and this is just another world. First time in a while that im not conscious of battery life during day :D

Still have to get used to force sense as was set by default to flashlight so everytime i picked the phone up the flashlight went on :rolleyes:

Only issue I have with it so far, is that it is slippery as hell. Will need to get a wrap or cover for it ASAP or i have feeling there will be an expesnive drop in my future.

bigslick wrote: »
    Finally received the U11+ yesterday that I ordered from HTC in November. All I can say is they really need to work on their customer service.......

That not withstanding, the phone is hella smooth. Last phone was a HTC 10 that had started to slow down/freeze lately, and this is just another world. First time in a while that im not conscious of battery life during day :D

Still have to get used to force sense as was set by default to flashlight so everytime i picked the phone up the flashlight went on :rolleyes:

Only issue I have with it so far, is that it is slippery as hell. Will need to get a wrap or cover for it ASAP or i have feeling there will be an expesnive drop in my future.

Congratulations on your new phone. I'd really like an 11+ but couldn't justify spending an additional 350 after selling my U11. I'll hang on until March or and see what's available then.
    Looking forward to the Oreo update for the new edge sense functionality.

still holding out hope that one of the networks will launch the u11+ in the new year

People on Twitter are starting to get annoyed at HTC due to the oreo update not being released by then end of 2017 as promised. So far HTC haven't responded to anyone's comments. Interesting to see if they release it sooner rather than later..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Am I correct in assuming that, once it gets pushed to "Europe", it still needs to go through Three / Vodafone for *their* verification etc. before it lands on non-unlocked phones?

• Advertisement

WetDaddy wrote: »
    Am I correct in assuming that, once it gets pushed to "Europe", it still needs to go through Three / Vodafone for *their* verification etc. before it lands on non-unlocked phones?

Yeah, but this process is much much faster than in the past. All 3 really do is add a splash screen and maybe their APN settings.

Thanks for clarification! I should have unlocked when I first got the handset, but now I'm all set up and don't want to go through the hassle or re-doing everything :)

I'm with Vodafone and when last update had been released I received it at the same time as the sim free U11.
    Don't have the Vodafone start up screen on mine even though it was locked to choosing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Thanks for clarification! I should have unlocked when I first got the handset, but now I'm all set up and don't want to go through the hassle or re-doing everything :)

Network unlocking wouldn't change anything update wise anyway, it would still come from the carrier.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Network unlocking wouldn't change anything update wise anyway, it would still come from the carrier.

Very true. I meant unlocking the bootloader and enjoying the RUU, but I should havee clarified :)

The edge launcher is now available in the play store :)

• Advertisement

Nice one, cheers. Wouldn't show up in the play store on the phone but that did it.

I had the same issue but the link did the trick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Only certain cid's at the moment though.

Only certain cid's at the moment though.

401 is EU unlocked, so you only need carriers to tweak it....or you can s-off, flash 401 RUU, update.

Just downloading the oreo update now

Nothing here so far. Eir customer.

I'm a Vodafone customer. I received the last update at the same time as the sim free U11. Same this time round:-)

Nice :) Are you unlocked or with a specific carrier?

Just to clarify - my device is unlocked (bought thru HTC Club) but eir are my service provider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I have it now too. Bought direct from HTC.

I lost patience last night and installed it manually.

Anyone else notice the settings menu layout is the same as nougat and not the redesigned oreo? Very odd because the u11+ has the proper oreo set up.

Makes it feels slightly half finished.

• Advertisement

Only dual sim released far as I know, for direct htc that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭GIMP

Just updated there on Vodafone Ireland handset. Cant see too many changes, app shape and swipe for app drawer. Anything I am missing?

Only dual sim released far as I know, for direct htc that is.

Received Oreo today. Was purchased on Vodafone, so single sim 2.33.161.11.

The unlocked US U11 has received any update today 700mb including December security update.
    https://www.phonearena.com/news/US-HTC-11-gets-big-new-update-changelog-mysteriously-missing_id101547
    Hopefully we'll receive the January update with the important fixed in the very near future!

Received Oreo today. Was purchased on Vodafone, so single sim 2.33.161.11.

I don't doubt you. But as of right now, for single sim devices bought direct from htc, the update hasn't been released.

GIMP wrote: »
    Cant see too many changes... Anything I am missing?

This is why, after Android 6, I feel like harking after the latest update is kind of pointless.

• Advertisement

No, there isn't.

Advertisement