Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC 11 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Confused now, one says yes one says no :D

Patww79 wrote: »
    Nope it just comes with the boxed headphones (which are really good). I'm not sure if standard C to 3.5 adapters will work as I know the HTC headphones won't work in other phones. I'll try my Pixel 2 adapter later and let you know. You can get those for £9 off the Google Store.

Yours didn't come with an adaptor? My U11 definitely did, as I forgot to put it in the box when I sold it, and the guy came back past to collect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yours didn't come with an adaptor? My U11 definitely did, as I forgot to put it in the box when I sold it, and the guy came back past to collect it.

Definitely an adapter with mine too.

Basil3 wrote: »

Why did you sell it out of interest

None in the box of mine anyway. What does it look like, grey like the headphones? I really don't recall it.

Yeah, it's about 5/6 cm long and the same grey colour as the headphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Pat didn't you say before you thought you lost the adapter and then found it again on the end of a pair of headphones?!

• Advertisement

dragona wrote: »
    Why did you sell it out of interest

Don't get me wrong, it's a good device. It was just a combination of things. The development community is dying out, and I was getting a bit bored of HTC after owning probably a dozen of their flagships over the last decade or so.

I'm waiting for my phone to arrive, and am assuming it will be on Nougat and will upgrade to Oreo when it arrives. Should I factory reset it after the upgrade, or will it be good to go? Bloody snow has delayed delivery.....

Where did you buy it from out of interest?

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Where did you buy it from out of interest?

Bought on 25 Feb from Amazon for £469.57 and now price gone up (from same) to £579.00 :eek:

That was the cheapest I could find it anywhere. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0728CGKFX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bought new not refurbished.
    Just waiting for it, and case, and screen protectors, to arrive :D BLOODY SNOW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Anyone else's battery eating itself fairly lively lately??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭GIMP

Since the Oreo update my battery is definitely reduced, not hugely but the has been a reduction.

My battery is excellent. I quiet like the oreo update in general, especially the deeper notification controls.

Only thing annoying me is alot of bluetooth connection issues. I got a descent pair of Sony bluetooth headphones at christmas and they instantly connected before the update. It was actually ludicrously fast and worked every time. Now it takes longer and always disconnects straight away after the first go, and have to turn both on and off again multiple times to get it working. Same in the car alot of the time.

Not being funny, but can't figure out the headphones. Which is left and which is right. I'm just assuming that the mic side is left, going by all the other earphones I've ever had, but there is no R and L!!

Also they really crackle :( Back to my Jamz :(

• Advertisement

I'll try again, maybe they just need really loud Fleetwood Mac for a bit :D

It is written on them. Mic side is right. Shouldn't be crackling though. Maybe clean out the usb port? They could just be damaged though.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    It is written on them. Mic side is right. Shouldn't be crackling though. Maybe clean out the usb port? They could just be damaged though.

I can't see :( Eyesight is shocking, but they do fit better like that haha :pac: I swear I can't see the R and L

Thanks but omg microscopic and very very faint

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I've been using a HTC10 for the last 18 months and it's been excellent, but I'm out of contract shortly, and I'm quite brand loyal too.

I can't see a HTC11 anywhere on a contract with Eir/Meteor.

Can I get one or do I have to look elsewhere?

I've been using a HTC10 for the last 18 months and it's been excellent, but I'm out of contract shortly, and I'm quite brand loyal too.

I can't see a HTC11 anywhere on a contract with Eir/Meteor.

Can I get one or do I have to look elsewhere?

But the U11 direct through HTC, or wait for the U12 to come out shortly.

I'm also with Eir. They are no longer doing business with HTC, or so I was told in the shop

I bought my U11 on Amazon, and am delighted with it great upgrade from the 10.

Not out of contract till July, but they don't have, and will not be having, any HTC phones.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Any recommendations of where to get a new charger? The cable works fine but one of the parts on the plug snapped so need a new one of them.

Official site is quoting €34.90 for new rapid charger and €26.70 for delivery to Ireland so over €60 :eek::eek:

Thanks

I have this one. Excellent.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

dragona wrote: »
    I'm also with Eir. They are no longer doing business with HTC, or so I was told in the shop

I bought my U11 on Amazon, and am delighted with it great upgrade from the 10.

Not out of contract till July, but they don't have, and will not be having, any HTC phones.

Eir Business will sell you a HTC U11 right now.

And did you get sorted through them yourself or what did you go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Has anyone run into issues with their audio output jack on the HTC U11?

Mine is about 10 months old now, and suddenly:

1. Audio from phone speakers is fine
    2. Audio into U-Sonic earphones is not working sometimes, working when places in one particular side / direction other times
    3. Audio jack adapter you get with the phone doesn't seem to be working - not sure if that just never worked (I didn't try it before now) or it's not working due to an issue with the jack in the phone

Charging is working fine through that same port.

I haven't but iv read similar issues on reddit. Try clearing out the port maybe to start?

Prepare for the torture of dealing with customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Does their Irish helpline even work anymore? I'm getting cut off after they say "Welcome to HTC" every time. Not re-assuring!

‎1 800 995 482‎

Ya that happens alot. It should work though eventually. What i did when I had dealings with them was go to the uk website and follow though the various support links until you're offered the contact options and then use the live chat. Your getting through to the same customer service center. And least on the chat you can copy and paste ur order number or imei or whatever they need without having to spell it out to someone who English isn't their first language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

My battery seems to have fallen off a cliff since last week - it's really frustrating! It was at about 90% when I went to sleep and had powered off by this morning. I'm going to have a look later today to see what I can do, but is there anything in particular to look out for? I would generally be using a low display, keep location services to a minimum, turn of wifi overnight and not charge it overnight. The storage is getting pretty high, so I should probably take quite a lot off! It's just really annoying as I really like this phone!

Just seen the U11 is down to €449 and the U11+ is €629 through HTC Club. Decent prices.

Ya been fighting the urge to swap out my u11 for the plus. I figure at this point I may as well wait to see what the u12+ is like next month, or wait for the pixel 3.

It's hard to believe that we are on 1st Nov security patch level! I think my long relationship with HTC will come to an end this year.
    What are the alternative flagship phones in 2018?

• Advertisement

It's hard to believe that we are on 1st Nov security patch level! I think my long relationship with HTC will come to an end this year.
    What are the alternative flagship phones in 2018?

Security patches are a non-issue imo. How many devices out there aren't on the latest patch? 90%? Even more?

In any case, I think project treble will remedy update issues.

I have to agree on the security patch thing. Way over exaggerated.

I'd still rather have them than not. A manufacturer just not bothering says a lot too.

I would rather a company the size of HTC focuses on improving their ROM, rather than putting manpower on implementation of non-critical security patches. I'm still waiting for the day where there is some major issue related to a device not having the latest patches.

My Note only got Oreo less than a month ago. That is much more deserving of grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

With the impending release of the HTC u12 on May 23rd I'm hoping to eventually confine my old reliable HTC 10 to the waste bin as the battery life worsens and unexpected restarts become ever more frequent.

Any advice re what one can expect technical specs wise with an unlocked version of said phone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement