Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC 11 Thread

Comments

1jcdub wrote: »
    I I've just watched this comparison between the U11 and the XZ Premium. Have to say I'm well impressed with the XZ browsing speed. It also ran cooler than the U11 overall..
    Sony design looks bulky compared to the U11
    https://youtu.be/YhHLb6e8gAo

Yeah, insanely fast browsing.

The Sony is massive, considering you're losing screen real estate for the on screen buttons.

It would still take a lot to convince me that a fingerprint scanner isn't best on the front of a device.

Ulster bank blocked payment to Digital River today until I verified I had made payment. I hope the don't cancel my order now! Will try contacting then in UK tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Transaction is showing pending for me.

Says in there terms of sale they will charge cards on dispatch, possibly to much to hope in this case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

How much is this costing on pre-order? Still waiting to sign up to HTC Club.

Through the club its €674.10.

€675 through HTC club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Did anyone get one by other means? They're still a week off even sending them out direct aren't they?

Officially 3 days away really. I'm hoping to have it Friday. Will see of course.

Did you do CPW or Vodafone?

HTC club.

• Advertisement

I don't know! I was emailed the 8th, phone in black.

From the messages I've seen on Twitter from HTC, the people who were pushed out to the 8th might get it earlier. Not likely though.

I was told no delay, then I was told today or tomorrow at the latest. I reckon it will be the 8th before I see it. Haven't seen any evidence of orders direct from HTC being shipped yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

How did you manage that? Are some colours out quicker or is the UK store sending them out quicker?

I'd been told the 12th as an estimate for shipping (IE, Blue.

I thought you'd cancelled?

I have absolutely no justification for buying this as my 10 is still in perfect condition but...it's very tempting.

If I could get a dual sim model I'd pull the trigger but I don't see any availability on either UK or Irish site.

I have absolutely no justification for buying this as my 10 is still in perfect condition but...it's very tempting.

If I could get a dual sim model I'd pull the trigger but I don't see any availability on either UK or Irish site.

If you want dual sim you'll need to buy direct from HTC Germany or something.

Review roundup:

PhoneArena

PocketNow

Both fairly positive. I think generally speaking, people will be happy enough, no matter which flagship they get this year.

Really weird contradictions in a lot of reviews though. PhoneArena say battery life is amazing (over 9 hours SOT in their battery test), whereas PocketNow say it's disappointing, and be prepared to be charging a lot.

PocketNow real audio review is a bit concerning for audiophiles. Have seen a few flipping out over it:

I think the included earbuds with USonic are pretty awesome, but people who want to connect really expensive headphones via the adaptor might be disappointed. This doesn't affect me, so not bothered. I will go between the included buds and a couple of BT headphones I have.

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »

Through the club its €674.10.
    Basil3 wrote: »

€675 through HTC club.

Thanks, will try wait longer to be accepted into the club :)

Something i spotted on the pocketnow review, when he clicks on the battery graph at 6:00 i see he has a wake lock. Poor form from him for not recognising that imo.

That would be a big part. That said, the battery is the main worry for me so it may be no harm to see how some others here get on in real life usage before buying.

Just for me personally even average would be ok, have a usb c 3.0 quick charger in the car, and 2 in house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

How much are the dual SIM 128gb 6gb ram versions in Ireland?

I'll be heading back to Ireland at the end of the month and may be willing to bring one or two back with me... They come with the jbl headphones included (for first comers)

• Advertisement

Elevation is a forum for users who are HTC fanatics... The site is just encouraging their biggest proponents to vocalise their view on other sites...

Very different from when Samsung were prosecuted for employing people to badmouth HTC all over the internet...

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Elevation is a forum for users who are HTC fanatics... The site is just encouraging their biggest proponents to vocalise their view on other sites...

Very different from when Samsung were prosecuted for employing people to badmouth HTC all over the internet...

Elevate is full of numpties. The amount of people in there that can't accept any criticism of HTC is ridiculous. I mostly avoid it these days.

Elevate is full of numpties. The amount of people in there that can't accept any criticism of HTC is ridiculous. I mostly avoid it these days.

I don't disagree with you... I didn't bother signing up again after the recent revamp. But I still don't think there's any malice in the promotion.

Android Authority review. Says battery life is really good, nothing negative really.

• Advertisement

I just got a shipping confirmation email. Happy days.

I just got a shipping confirmation email. Happy days.

Nice, you ordered through HTC Ireland, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Bluefoam wrote: »
    How much are the dual SIM 128gb 6gb ram versions in Ireland?

I'll be heading back to Ireland at the end of the month and may be willing to bring one or two back with me... They come with the jbl headphones included (for first comers)

Can't get them here at all.

How much are they where your currently based ?

Nice, you ordered through HTC Ireland, right?

Yep, still have my doubts though!

beno619 wrote: »
    Can't get them here at all.

How much are they where your currently based ?

Not launched yet, but advertised for equivalent of €625

Anyone know what company does the deliveries? An post, DHL etc?

Anyone know what company does the deliveries? An post, DHL etc?

You don't get a tracking link in the email? UK uses Hermes, but I think here it's DHL or UPS.

You don't get a tracking link in the email? UK uses Hermes, but I think here it's DHL or UPS.

The number isn't a clickable link on the phone, will check on a laptop soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Anyone got there's yet. Wondering how good the supplied earphones are. The so called AKG ones included with the S8 are pants.

• Advertisement

I got a shipping confirmation email today as well. Ordered silver through HTC Ireland.

I got a shipping confirmation email today as well. Ordered silver through HTC Ireland.

Is the tracking number usable anywhere at the moment for you? I'm hoping it kicks in tomorrow, today being a bank holiday.

Is the tracking number usable anywhere at the moment for you? I'm hoping it kicks in tomorrow, today being a bank holiday.

There is no link when using my phone, haven't tried it on the PC though.

Finally got to join the club after trying to sign up numerous times. Signed up through the UK site.

Need to pay in sterling - £584.

Anyone else ordered via the UK site? Anything I need to be aware of?

Cheers

The phone.......has arrived.

Phone delivered today while at work, thankfully kids are off this week so there was someone home! That's my evening sorted, going to lock myself away from everyone.

If you want dual sim you'll need to buy direct from HTC Germany or something.

All three colours are still on pre-order in Germany. (Dual sim seems to be the default option).

All three colours are still on pre-order in Germany. (Dual sim seems to be the default option).

Yeah, I think direct through HTC in most of Europe will give you dual SIM. I think only UK and Ireland don't have dual SIM. You might have a bit of luck with Amazon as well.

I think they'll start to come through in the next week or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

The phone.......has arrived.

Pics...

Advertisement