Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC 11 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

The notification shade and the settings menu are obviously normal stock Android and I installed nova and reloaded my setup which is very pixel like, so im not getting the datedness as much, although the dialer is a little different for me alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

yeah, now i'm noticing it since it's been pointed out. can't remember if it was on the 10 or not. maybe someone else knows. damn ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Flaccus wrote: »
    You mind me asking was the prepay or billpay.  Also wondering is it locked to Three.  Did they only have the black in stock ?  Seems all that's available from them online. Thanks.

Billpay upgrade on the 45 p/m contract. Locked to 3 I'd imagine (due to the 3 branding on startup). Only black in stock - they had 3 on Henry Street in Dublin earlier and I got one. €299 upfront. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty sexy!

Nice. Though 350 minutes or 700 texts kinda sucks for 45 month when Eir is unlimited for same price but i guess only half the data (15GB). Have to jump to 60 for unlimited but then phone is only 199. Might just buy unlocked in a month or so.

Not possible. It's gorilla glass front and back. Go onto Sammy forums and you see people saying the same thing about every new phone that comes out.

Yeah, that's how phones are. Random bad luck. Even keys shouldn't come close to scratching the screen.

Guarantee you go onto S7 forums and see loads of people complaining about scratches. I've seen it with my last few devices, even though I've never had a scratch myself.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/help/galaxy-s7-scratches-easily-t3349105

Now I'm gonna go and end up scratching mine :D

Basil3 wrote: »
    All I know is 9 months of an S7 edge and not even the slightest scratch and this has one I can feel with my nail on day two. I'm extremely careful about not putting it in pockets with keys or anything either. I'll live with this one but I'll definitely cover it now.

Yeah, that's how phones are. Random bad luck. Even keys shouldn't come close to scratching the screen.

Guarantee you go onto S7 forums and see loads of people complaining about scratches. I've seen it with my last few devices, even though I've never had a scratch myself.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/help/galaxy-s7-scratches-easily-t3349105

Now I'm gonna go and end up scratching mine :D

You see this on the iphone forums too. I look forward to jerryrigeverythings scratch and bend test

You see this on the iphone forums too. I look forward to jerryrigeverythings scratch and bend test

Guarantee it will go to level 6 before scratching.

No idea how the bend test will go, the U Ultra was terrible, but I think the U11 is constructed a bit better. He also weakened the cr*p out of the back panel by putting loads of deep scratches into it before bending.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

yeah, now i'm noticing it since it's been pointed out. can't remember if it was on the 10 or not. maybe someone else knows. damn ads.

That's on the 10 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Is the stock charger an actual fast charger?

Is the camera not rated the current best phone camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Halflifept

Is the phone slippery in the hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Cool thanks

Don't know if I'll change. Have a OP3 but if the 5 is over 500 they can piss off I'd rather this yoke for 150 more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Looked all over the place online and doesnt look like any screen protectors in stock until another week or so if you take into account delivery as well.

Its an even longer wait for decent cases as well.

These are only two ive spot so far that would be out soon or already out.

http://ie.mobilefun.com/63874-olixar-htc-u11-screen-protector-2-in-1-pack.htm

http://ie.mobilefun.com/63876-olixar-ultra-thin-htc-u11-gel-case-100-clear.htm

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Regarding the screenshot that's actually what I have the edge sense set for, find i may actually use it more, I double tap the power button for the camera instead.

Also, is there any other way to take a screenshot? Volume down and the home button (instead of power) would be much handier to do.

Also, what are 'glove mode' and 'menu button' in the display settings?

Hold power then tap home is easiest for screenshots.

Glove mode makes the screen more sensitive for using with gloves.

I think menu button makes long press recents into the same as pressing menu button if there's one on screen. edit: that's multi window now, not sure what it does.
    Edit again: it adds a floating menu button it seems. I've noticed this in certain apps.

Managed to 'squeeze' out 5 hours SOT from the ~65% battery that came on the phone. Was on Wi-Fi all day though, so not usual usage.

• Advertisement

Battery seems back to M8 levels of goodness. Almost 2 hours screen on time this morning reading stuff, and battery still at 85%.

Oh well, today is the day I unlock bootloader, root, custom ROM etc. I lasted a day.

Let us know how you get on and would be great if you could post some links regarding unlocking, custom rom etc..

Let us know how you get on and would be great if you could post some links regarding unlocking, custom rom etc..

Will do. The process looks pretty easy this year, no weird issues that tend to pop up.

For now I'm just keeping an eye on the battery. Can't get over how much of a beast this is for general browsing on WiFi. 3.5 hours screen on time, 60% battery left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ya I plan on doing it bascially whatever I get the phone! Everytime I get a phone these days I bascially give up the first day to rooting flashing etc etc.

Hopefully this year it's easier again!

• Advertisement

No, generally the biggest ROMs in the XDA community are custom Sense ROMs. I run Viper, which is basically set up with hundreds of tweaks that you set yourself. If you want to only use a couple of them, that's your choice.

Watch this from around 12 mins on

You don't lose any stock features at all.

Some features I use would be stuff like

- Adding custom functionality to long and double press on each of the hardware buttons
    - Change long press volume when screen is off to toggle torch on and off
    - Customising the pulldown so that more toggles fit on the screen, and changing the colours to get rid of the manky greeny grey found in stock android.

I actually don't use loads of tweaks, but you get so used to them, it's hard to live without them.

I put Viper on my htc 10 and used some of themes Basil3 created. The UI was far superior to stock android. It was also great being able to get updates a hell of a lot faster then the networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I put Viper on my htc 10 and used some of themes Basil3 created. The UI was far superior to stock android. It was also great being able to get updates a hell of a lot faster then the networks.

How do you tend to find camera and battery performance on Viper, versus stock?

corwill wrote: »
    How do you tend to find camera and battery performance on Viper, versus stock?

at least as good, probably better. ivi does the pnp mod for the 10 which improves battery life. i don't know if we will have this for the 11 because he reckons it's already well optimised.

camera is the same as stock, but they add enhancements like being able to customise the name your file saves as, and reducing the compression on the saved file.

Unlocking and flashing custom ROM is simple this time around.

1. Unlock bootloader using HTC Dev

http://www.htcdev.com/

2. Flash TWRP via download mode: fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img

https://eu.dl.twrp.me/ocn/twrp-3.1.1-0-ocn.img.html

3. Flash custom ROM (in my case Viper)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/u11/development/viperu-t3619515

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545572552

I didn't even bother doing a stock backup, as I'm sure there are RUU's or other stock backups floating around for EU unlocked devices. Wipe also didn't work in aroma for Viper, had to do wipe in recovery.

I'm not recommending people do this if you're not very familiar, mainly because the ROM could only really be classed as an open beta at this stage. The main dev is away for a week or two from tomorrow, so it won't be getting any updates until after then.

Unlocking and flashing custom ROM is simple this time around.

1. Unlock bootloader using HTC Dev

http://www.htcdev.com/

2. Flash TWRP via download mode: fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img

https://eu.dl.twrp.me/ocn/twrp-3.1.1-0-ocn.img.html

3. Flash custom ROM (in my case Viper)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/u11/development/viperu-t3619515

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545572552

I didn't even bother doing a stock backup, as I'm sure there are RUU's or other stock backups floating around for EU unlocked devices. Wipe also didn't work in aroma for Viper, had to do wipe in recovery.

I'm not recommending people do this if you're not very familiar, mainly because the ROM could only really be classed as an open beta at this stage. The main dev is away for a week or two from tomorrow, so it won't be getting any updates until after then.

Cheers for that. A lot simpler than the HTC10 I did. Will pass this on to friend. Btw a family member got an upgrade and now doesn't want the U11 for some reason. It's up on Adverts now in case anyone here is impatient and wants to buy one.

http://www.adverts.ie/htc/htc-u11-brilliant-black-brand-new-sealed-in-box/13103654

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Quick query guys. I'm no longer getting notifications from Google Inbox, despite all settings being set to the contrary. Any ideas?

Anyone else using Nova? I started using it today but I can't get the regular HTC weather clock widget to work when using it. It shows up under 'Themes' in the widget list, rather than under 'Weather Clock' (all those ones look terrible).

2naptp0.png

When I use it it makes me select my city but then I get this:

vqm8ae.png

Never noticed that widget before. I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can get it to work. HTC used to put a flag in their widgets so they would only work on their own launcher. Could be something like that.

I generally just use 'HD widgets' now. There's plenty of options on the play store anyway.

Still having that issue with Inbox. I know it's only something small but it's quite annoying. Reckon it's something that will just resolve itself?

Still having that issue with Inbox. I know it's only something small but it's quite annoying. Reckon it's something that will just resolve itself?

What solutions have you tried so far? Here's one thing I saw online:
    It's important to note that notifications for Inbox can be enabled/disabled on three levels for your Android device: Inbox application, per bundle, and Android OS.

Note: I know some of you have already checked these, but listing them together below for those of you who might come across this thread in the future.

If you're still not receiving notifications for the Inbox app, please confirm the below settings:
    Confirm that notifications are enabled in the Inbox app: Inbox App Settings > Account > Notifications should be checked.
    Note: Also check per bundle settings: Inbox App Settings > Account > Label settings and Notifications > Find the bundle > Confirm notifications is ON

Confirm that notifications are enabled in your Android OS: Android Settings > Apps > Downloaded > Inbox > Show Notifications should be checked.
    Note: if this is unchecked, it will override the Inbox application settings.

Confirm that sync is turned on for Inbox: Android Settings > Accounts > Google > Account > Inbox should be checked.
    Note: If there are any sync issues, it will be clearly marked here.

If you're not on WiFi, there are a few things that might disable sync so you will want to make sure the following are not selected: Restrict background data, Auto-sync data, and Mobile data limits.

What solutions have you tried so far?

Basically, switching notifications on/off for gmail, changing sync settings etc. It worked fine on my One M8.

• Advertisement

Can you turn off the notification LED altogether? Can't seem to find a setting at all, the low battery one is really annoying.

Charge your phone :D

I don't think you can turn that off on stock. You can on the ROM I'm running.

You could try going to settings >power > power saver and change the level on that to something like 5%. Maybe the notification led will be delayed until it's really low then.

Advertisement