Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Finglas, Dublin 11 - Ballyconnell, Cavan - My Journey

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

KCross wrote: »
    @liamog, what was turtle mode like in the Ioniq? Was power severely restricted?

Very restricted, felt like somebody had disconnected the accelerator. Lucky for us we had only had 1km left till home when it kicked in. 1hr on the granny charger and it was enough for us to head to the FCP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

liamog wrote: »
    Very restricted, felt like somebody had disconnected the accelerator. Lucky for us we had only had 1km left till home when it kicked in. 1hr on the granny charger and it was enough for us to head to the FCP.

Do you know how many km's you got from 100% to turtle?

Also, is the % readout on the Ioniq linear or non-linear(like the Leaf)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Ah ok. Maybe turtle mode is not so great so.

Tis a learning curve all this EV lark :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

unkel wrote: »
    Ah ok. Maybe turtle mode is not so great so.

Tis a learning curve all this EV lark :)

I now treat my -- warnings as "get home or to a charger!"

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

Just on the topic of linearity. On any ICE vehicle if you would drive aggressively for let's say 5-10 KM fuel consumption and expected range would update respectively, thinking: "OK, if you continue driving like now - you will get X amount of KM out of Tank". It reacts to how you drive. It does not keep thinking you had 100 KM range and even if you drove like lunatic for 5 KM you will still get 100 KM out of it.

EV should work same principle.

unless I completely misunderstood linearity idea here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Mope wrote: »
    Just on the topic of linearity. On any ICE vehicle if you would drive aggressively for let's say 5-10 KM fuel consumption and expected range would update respectively, thinking: "OK, if you continue driving like now - you will get X amount of KM out of Tank". It reacts to how you drive. It does not keep thinking you had 100 KM range and even if you drove like lunatic for 5 KM you will still get 100 KM out of it.

EV should work same principle.

unless I completely misunderstood linearity idea here?

EV does work the same.

What you are talking about is the range readout which in a Leaf is referred to as the Guessometer(GOM) and it tells you how far you have left to go before a dead battery and it reacts to your driving style.

The topic being discussed though is slightly different(but related) which is another stat on the dash which is the % of battery left. That does not reduce linearly for the same driving pattern/conditions.... at least in the Leaf anyway.

Advertisement