Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rental markets discriminate against men

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

volchitsa wrote: »
    Yes, of course, it's called having an opinion based on personal experience, and it's what we all do on a discussion site FFS.

It's only people who think their personal experience is some sort of absolute truth and go making up numbers to back up their opinion who are being dishonest.

Unlike you, I've done no such thing.

Sorry that's utter rubbish and down right dishonest.

99% is a well known figure of speech it's not meant to be taken literally - perhaps that's the first time you've encountered that I dunno. It's fine to have an opinion but you try and pick at the form rather than the substance when you inevitably back yourself into a corner.

It's perfectly reasonable to say women should be allowed (as should men) to decide if they want to share their home with the opposite sex but don't try and dress it up in some moral high ground - it's discrimination plain and simple.

As for all the rape nonsense I have to admit that has got my back up. Perfectly reasonable parts of that debate are constantly shouted down and cheapened. Not every man is a rapist in waiting just waiting for the right time to pounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

volchitsa wrote: »
    Perhaps you missed where I explained that I wasn't saying that at all.
    Yep, must have missed that. I'd ask you to enlighten me, but to be honest I'm not entirely sure what the **** you're talking about at this stage. In my estimation you haven't made a single cogent point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Yep, must have missed that. I'd ask you to enlighten me, but to be honest I'm not entirely sure what the **** you're talking about at this stage. In my estimation you haven't made a single cogent point.

+1. I've read the whole thing and I havent a breeze the point that volchitsa is making.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Glenster wrote: »
    +1. I've read the whole thing and I havent a breeze the point that volchitsa is making.
    Well misandry, much like misogyny, doesn't tend to run on logic and coherency.

Advertisement