Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeware video editing software

Options
  • 29-03-2017 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looking for a video editor/cutter but there's a lot of shyte out there.

I'm looking for a lightweight, Freeware, software program to edit an avi file to remove bits from it. I'm not interested in heavyweight, project orientated software, nor am I looking for deceptive programs that claim to be Freeware, only to discover that you need to purchase the "pro" version to actually get s*** done, after you install it.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Is the standard windows movie editor able to do this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Moved to the Computers & Tech forum. Please take a look at the charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭human 19

PrzemoF wrote: »

Dont know about the windows Openshot but, after years of crashing on the linux version, they finally got a stable version...and then "upgraded" it to a version which totally crawls along on playback which basically renders it unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Thanks for the posts, I actually got the inbuilt Windows Movie Maker to do the job :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement