Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random €69.99 Balance on my Account?

Options
  • 29-03-2017 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

So I just go onto the store seeing if new deals are up and for some reason 69.99euro was put on my account, I never done anything nor did I get a confirmation of payment recieved how did this happen? Did sony just give me 69.99euro for free?

:confused:

In one mind to just spend it all before it disappears..

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So I just go onto the store seeing if new deals are up and for some reason 69.99euro was put on my account, I never done anything nor did I get a confirmation of payment recieved how did this happen? Did sony just give me 69.99euro for free?

:confused:

In one mind to just spend it all before it disappears..

Did you buy anything on the store last month? They had a promo for every 50 spent they will give you 10 in april or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Did you buy anything on the store last month? They had a promo for every 50 spent they will give you 10 in april or something like that?

Yeah I did but im not sure if I spend 50euro ... Definately didn't spend 350euro ... Is it safe to just buy something on the store if it is Sony's fault?.. Nothing through to emails about it being topped up either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Went to check, I have nothing :( Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yeah I did but im not sure if I spend 50euro ... Definately didn't spend 350euro ... Is it safe to just buy something on the store if it is Sony's fault?.. Nothing through to emails about it being topped up either

Has to have come from somewhere, were you hacked or something?

Fieldog wrote: »

I don't think so, the cards and stuff on my account are empty too AFAIK although my girlfriends was primary so hopefully it wasn't from her account... If it was due to a hack is it possible to get refunded? My password wasn't changed or nothing so weird...

• Advertisement

Also it couldnt have been topped up by 69.99euro exactly without buying something I assume it goes to 70euro when your adding wallet, I had 0.00euro in it yesterday... So could hardly be a hack, maybe Sony just made a mistake :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Also it couldnt have been topped up by 69.99euro exactly without buying something I assume it goes to 70euro when your adding wallet, I had 0.00euro in it yesterday... So could hardly be a hack, maybe Sony just made a mistake :confused:

Just check all cards associated with your account and confirm that none of them have been debited with the transaction.

Assuming that then spend away, but expect someone from Sony to notice at some point in the future and remove your purchase or expect you to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Have you got 2 step verification set up?

Any sub accounts tied to your account?

Pre order something that got cancelled maybe?

Very strange...

Have you got 2 step verification set up?

Any sub accounts tied to your account?

Pre order something that got cancelled maybe?

Very strange...

Wow, now I know what its from... I pre ordered South Park The Fractured Buttwhole, why was it cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It's delayed again indefinitely.

• Advertisement

It's delayed again indefinitely.

Yep, don't know why they just refund though... I believe I still get to keep The Stick of Truth for free though as it is still in my library... Whereas Fractured Buttwhole is not...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The release window is now April 17 - March 18, wonder are Ubisoft George RR Martin in disguise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Somebody would need to return to hacking school if that were the case, they're doing it wrong :pac:

Advertisement