Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to design a garden

Options
  • 29-03-2017 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody had any tips on how to design a garden. Or maybe a good website to help you design one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,073 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

How big is it?

I started to engage a garden designer and then decided it was better to work it out for myself. I'm currently at the sketching stage.

I would start by writing a design brief (or at least formulating it in your head). What do you want from the garden? What are you going to do in it? How much time do you have to maintain it?

Once you've worked out the basic elements, try and position them w.r.t light, wind and access from the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Its a bit of an awkward shape. Its very long and narrow but also one side is slightly angled in which does not help. As an aside, just wondering if people have had any experience when it comes to fence repair between gardens. Who is responsible etc. At one side it is fine as we split it 50/50 but on the other side they have a row of trees in front of it so it doesn't bother them. Do they have any obligation to split costs?

Advertisement