Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot camp for young adults?

Options
  • 29-03-2017 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I am the father of a troubled young adult. My son has a history of drug abuse and petty crime. He has no job, no direction, no ambition and no respect for his mother and I. He has been to rehab and relapsed. He is depressed and his confidence and self esteem have eroded away over time.
    We have tried counselling and various family members have tried to help but the self destruction continues.
    I would love to get to attend a boot-camp as I think it could only do him good.
    When searching online I can only find such camps for teens.

My question to you. Are there boot-camps run in Ireland which are suited to my son who is 23?
    Tagged:

Comments

Even if there was such a thing, how do you intend to force a 23-year-old man to participate?

Does your son live with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

You could try Cuan Mhuire. It's an addiction treatment centre but takes a holistic approach, big emphasis on structure and routine, self-discipline, self-confidence etc. Its a twenty week program for heroin, twelve weeks for other drugs and alcohol.

Advertisement