Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hair salon in dundrum/sandyford

Options
  • 29-03-2017 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

hey all

Any recommendations for a good hair salon in Dundrum town and Sandyford bar the usual suspects:rolleyes:. Value for money and good results! Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I use L'Ombre in Dundrum and i find them good. Robert is the person i go to. i have long fine hair buts lots of it and he understood exactly what i wanted done even though my description was crap. You can book online to see prices too

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kerrymaid11

ahayes84 wrote: »
    I use L'Ombre in Dundrum and i find them good. Robert is the person i go to. i have long fine hair buts lots of it and he understood exactly what i wanted done even though my description was crap. You can book online to see prices too

thanks for that I was eyeing up their website it's nice to get the recommendation thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I've used the Peter Mark and the Tony & Guy in DTC and definitely rate PM for price and service, I'm usually not a fan of PM but I've had good experiences with the staff in the particular salon!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

I would avoid the PM in Dundrum Town Centre like the plague tbh, I've been to many PMs but this one in particular is a pure conveyer belt - I went in for highlights/cut one time and no exaggeration - 6 people had their hands on my hair during the course of the treatment (one for highlights, one for wash, one bringing me back to station/ brushed my hair, one for cut, two for blowdry) - it was just too much and I felt like I was not really listened to and being rushed out of there as fast as they could so they could get another ass on the seat. I haven't been back to a PM since that day.

As for L'Ombre (or Saphora as it used to be known) - I have only ever gotten a curly blowdry here and I wouldn't go back for further hair treatments (there is a beautician floor downstairs and would get my nails done again as that part was fine) - the sink was exposed, they didn't put any towel around my neck when they were washing my hair and crucially, they didn't blow dry my hair how I asked them to. Plus the hair floor has always seemed really quiet any time I've walked through it to get to the beautician part) and this would further deter me from getting my hair cut/coloured there.

In terms of options, if you are looking to avoid Dundrum Town Centre, consider Hair Quarters Rockfield by the Balally Luas stop - I've been a few times for curly blowdries and liked it, have never gotten my hair coloured there as I prefer L'Oreal salons and systems - but it always seems to be busy any time I pass it which I think is a great sign. I don't have a price list but they have the list of prices on their window and pretty sure they have a facebook page with contact details.

I would avoid the PM in Dundrum Town Centre like the plague tbh, I've been to many PMs but this one in particular is a pure conveyer belt - I went in for highlights/cut one time and no exaggeration - 6 people had their hands on my hair during the course of the treatment (one for highlights, one for wash, one bringing me back to station/ brushed my hair, one for cut, two for blowdry) - it was just too much and I felt like I was not really listened to and being rushed out of there as fast as they could so they could get another ass on the seat. I haven't been back to a PM since that day.

As for L'Ombre (or Saphora as it used to be known) - I have only ever gotten a curly blowdry here and I wouldn't go back for further hair treatments (there is a beautician floor downstairs and would get my nails done again as that part was fine) - the sink was exposed, they didn't put any towel around my neck when they were washing my hair and crucially, they didn't blow dry my hair how I asked them to. Plus the hair floor has always seemed really quiet any time I've walked through it to get to the beautician part) and this would further deter me from getting my hair cut/coloured there.

In terms of options, if you are looking to avoid Dundrum Town Centre, consider Hair Quarters Rockfield by the Balally Luas stop - I've been a few times for curly blowdries and liked it, have never gotten my hair coloured there as I prefer L'Oreal salons and systems - but it always seems to be busy any time I pass it which I think is a great sign. I don't have a price list but they have the list of prices on their window and pretty sure they have a facebook page with contact details.

thank you rebelscorned some good advice there! Personally don't like pm myself very bad experience in the Grafton St branch:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I know its slightly outside the area but I prefer the PM in Stillorgan SC - its quieter than Dundrum and I've always found the staff lovely. That said I only go there for blowdrys out of convenience, my real hairdresser (who actually cuts my hair) is freelance but has just started renting a chair at a salon in Miltown if thats any use?

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have any experience with the Colour Box in Sandyford?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Prob more step aside as its in bellermine but been her a few times and would recommend - staff there are really nice ; http://www.thairapysalon.ie/

Advertisement