Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliexpress access: site down?

Options
  • 29-03-2017 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello folks. I am new to Boards, so apologies in advance if I make any protocol errors here.
    I wonder if other users are having problems logging into aliexpress.com, particularly though a laptop?
    I know it's popular place with board members to buy Android phones for example (that is how I decided on buying one through the site, earlier this month).
    Aliexpress was fine yesterday early afternoon ourtime but when I attempted to log in to my account again about 8pm a slider had been added to verify details, which had not appeared before (email address and a clicker button were the usual method).
    When I try to log in the little slider appears and asks me to verify but when I move it across I get a 'network error' message.
    Only two stars - they do not show your actual password - were appearing, also which is odd since my password is 11 characters long. I was forced to open another account simply to go online to contact their Chat help service and spoke for 25 minutes about this, to prove I was the person I claimed to be, etc, which I was able to do by detailing purchase history.
    Today, both my original and my new account are locked out as the slider will still not work and the 'network error' keeps loading.
    I have: 1. cleared cache 2. cleared browsing data 3. downloaded Firefox (instead of Chrome which I had been using) and then tried with both browsers. I even cleared ALL passwords, and tried paused my Virus and Security Protection temporarily in case that was causing the problem.
    A friend tried to use his smartphone to log into my account for me, but encountered the same issue. Nothing works. I have several purchases I need to track and an item I need to put in a claim about so I am keen to get a solution.
    I contacted their Facebook page, and messaged them there too, but it takes a while for them to get back, the notification warns.
    Would like to know if others have the same problems.
    Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

Working fine for me. Used computer and phone and had no problems logging in

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SinSceilEile

Thanks brock92. Did you see that little 'slide to verify' icon, and had you seen that on the site before?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thanks brock92. Did you see that little 'slide to verify' icon, and had you seen that on the site before?

I do get the scroll verification a few times, always works for me. I think it's because my account is in Ireland but their system thinks the IP is in Belgium. I'm with UPC the IP was in Belgium before but some websites still haven't updated their IP location system and still show as been Belgium.

Advertisement