Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recessed lighting/downlights/spotlights insulation

Options
  • 29-03-2017 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I have draughts coming from recessed lighting in my house. The draughts are in the ceiling between the ground floor and upstairs. I therefore I have no access above the roof to put in the cups/pots for insulation.

Is there anything that can be put in through the ceiling without disturbing the roof. I have seen fire rated mitts that can be put in from below. Has anyone tried these and are they safe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Can you explain where the "roof" is in this case. i.e. is this a single storey dwelling?

Can you post a picture of the existing fitting

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Can you explain where the "roof" is in this case. i.e. is this a single storey dwelling?

Can you post a picture of the existing fitting

It's a two story house. The lights are in the floor between the two floors so no access to light above the floor. Picture of fitting attached

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Look at the aurora lighting site they have fittings that are sealed with insulation in the housing and others with a cage you can push the insulation up to

Advertisement