Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Upgrade RDC-310 with Sony XAV-AX100

Options
  • 29-03-2017 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I'm hoping to upgrade the RDC-310 unit in my 2012 Passat with a Sony XAV-AX100 unit, it's cheapest CarPlay/Android Auto compatible unit I think at the moment that looks decent. I personally don't like the UI on some of the Alpine or Pioneer units

I have a identified a few adapters that would make the install a bit easier - I haven't posted more then 5 posts yet can't add hyperlinks but will add part numbers below:

Enfig SRWH-VW07-B - wiring harness with universal steering wheel control adapter
    Enfig AAA-VWAUD5 - antenna adapter
    Enfig SWCl-SON - steering wheel controls lead

NOTE: these are from an American company that will ship to Ireland but hoping to find something more local as these will increase the cost.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience installing one of these unit. I'm particularly interested in making sure the steering wheel controls work either using an adapter similar to one above or a universal adapter. I'm not so sure about the controls part. Also if anyone has installed one of these unit are there any issues with MFD data, or another issues that should be looked out.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PedroDow

Also, I should ask if I remove the 310 unit would it need to be re-coded if I wanted to sell or trade the car in the future. I'd prefer to keep the new Sony unit.

Thanks again

Advertisement