Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Cheque Clearance

Options
  • 29-03-2017 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I lodged a BOI cheque on Monday into my BOI account but it has still not cleared into my account 
    What is the actual time frame for cheques to clear if they are for the same Bank 
    I have googled the question and from the million responses everyone has different answers

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

csully397 wrote: »
    I lodged a BOI cheque on Monday into my BOI account but it has still not cleared into my account 
    What is the actual time frame for cheques to clear if they are for the same Bank 
    I have googled the question and from the million responses everyone has different answers

Thanks in advance
    Hi csully397, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

A Bank of Ireland cheque lodged to a Bank of Ireland Current account will take three working days to clear on your account. You can view your cleared funds when logged into 365 Online on our website. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭timex711

Hi, is it possible for a cheque to be pushed though? Lodged a cheque on Thursday last and heading away with only pending funds in my account :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi timex711,

Thanks for your post.

All cheques lodged must go through the agreed clearing times between banks. If the cheque you've lodged was issued from a Bank of Ireland account, it will take three working days and for other Irish banks it's five working days.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sasha2377

How can you view cleared funds on 365Online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there Sasha,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To view your available funds you can sign in to www.365online.com when you expand your transactions you should see your available balance at the top of the screen.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Sasha2377

Hi there Sasha,

To view your available funds you can sign in to when you expand your transactions you should see your available balance at the top of the screen.

Thanks,

Lorna
    Hi Lorna,

This appears not to be the case and I am very confused. I can see the money in my account and when I tried to do a Domestic Transfer, my available funds were shown as the same as my balance, indicating that the cheque had cleared. However, when I went to the bank, I was told that the balance was less and that the cheque had not cleared yet. Tomorrow is Day 5, I NEED  to be able to access those funds then. Can I get a straight answer please as to whether or not the money is available on the 5th working day or not??? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Sasha2377,

Thanks for the message.

Just to clarify this is only available on the full website www.365online.com. If you are viewing the app it will not specify the difference between available funds and funds that are waiting clear.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Zarakhan

Hi , what is the limit of checque withdrawl from b.o.i current account into my another account overseas.thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Zarakhan,

Once you have the funds available in your account you can write a cheque for that amount. You will need to cheque with your account overseas to see if they have limits on what they will accept.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement