Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun licence query

Options
  • 29-03-2017 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

I applied for shotgun licence 1 year ago but never heard anything and with work and becoming a father I forgot bout it until couple weeks go when I contacted fo he said as I hadn't contacted him it was put on back burner just curious if one had this problem. Also he said everything Is in order and I should hear back in 3 weeks does he mean il get it in three weeks or hear from super in three weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Did you submit the FCA1 forms a year ago ? Strange how the FO was waiting on you to contact him about the license rather than the other way around. If he is telling you now you will hear back in three weeks I'd say he means the grant letter will be out in three weeks. Just another example of our crazy licensing system I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭lcasey90

Yea found it odd went rough things on phone but was all sorted before I rang nothing I need to be asked about afaik it should of been sent out to me months ago

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

That is the greatest load of horsesh*t i've ever heard, and i've heard some tall ones over the years.

"He was waiting for you to get back him". WT-actual-F?

The Firearms officer's job is to process the application, fill in his bit, contact the applicant if needs be (further information, errors, etc) and when complete send it up to the Super/Chief Super for granting or refusal. At NO point in the process is the applicant's input needed once the FO processes the paperwork. If everything is in order then the FO should have sent it on up, not look for the "OK" from you.

Here is what happened. He put it in his "to do" pile, you never followed up on it (the fact that we have to is a joke in itself), he forgot about it, and when you rang he made is seem like it was your fault. You realise that technically after 3 months if you don't get word you are deemed as refused?

I'd be asking some serious questions about this, once you get the license. that is a farce.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Yea bit of a piss take alright starting to worry I won't get it now as super will prob have issue with my application been sent in originally a year ago. Fo is a joke he told me then there's three or four other lads in the same boat as me who have not contacted so he hasn't processed them

Did you ask what he is waiting on? What exactly is he looking for when the applications are, as you put it above, in order.

By delaying the applications for no reason he risks everyone he is doing it to being automatically refused. Don't listen to the "don't worry about that, sure it'll be grand" line that is normally used. It's your application. The right to apply is one of the few rights we have (unless you're disentitled, but that is another days outing). By delaying them, making up bull to make it seem like its the applicant's fault, etc. he is denying you this right when you're entitled to apply.

I'd either hammer home a few truths to him or better again, bypass him, with an application straight to the Super's office with a letter explaining why. If the FO takes the hump, well frankly feck him. You should not suffer from his incompetence, and you should also not suffer further because he takes the hump at someone shining a light on his shortcomings.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

I decided to just leave it and wait for my grand letter better off to not rock the boat if I get refused il look to see the the super and raise it then but by sound of the fo up get the licence said everything's in order and up know in three weeks and if not to ring him and hel push it true
    On another topic will my referees and landowners be checked now or will it just be looked over

Checking referees and land owners is a lotto. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I cannot say if he will or not.

As for the license, as was said, get it first then weigh up your options.

Cass wrote: »
    Checking referees and land owners is a lotto. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I cannot say if he will or not.

As for the license, as was said, get it first then weigh up your options.

Yea I thought he'd check but now that I think about he asked bout letter from land owner then seen he had it so said it was fine I
    If I get licence il be leaving it be so no hassle with getting it renewed

Advertisement