Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitability test next week (Fire Service)

Options
  • 29-03-2017 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I got the letter today for the suitability test next week for the retained fire brigade. The things I'll be covering on the day are, a ladder climb test, equipment carry test and casualty evacuation test. How can I be best prepared for all of these? Is there any preparation/things I could be doing to have the best shot at these? Tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Normally you will be asked to climb 13.5 meter ladder, go through a confined space in the dark usually pipe, carry a casualty,some hoses and other fire equipment. My advice is have a look at Laois Fire & Rescue Service on YouTube it will give you an idea of what's required & good luck.

Advertisement