Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc quantum 70

Options
  • 29-03-2017 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I need to change battery and need manual please advise where to get it from. thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have PMed you that manual. You will need the engineer code to reset the battery timer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

jambobwana wrote: »
    I need to change battery and need manual please advise where to get it from. thanks in advance

Its not in the manual how to do this.

Enter engineer code, authorized by, user code.
    Service menu, press yes, engineer tools menu, press yes, battery menu, press yes.
    Scroll to replace battery, press yes.
    This resets the time.

Press quit till you see exit engineering, then press yes.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »

Page 36

KoolKid wrote: »
    Page 36

Page 36 is a RF PA unit on my manual, how old is the manual you have?

The manual does not tell you how to replace the battery. it will explain the different menus/sub menus if that is what you are referring to.

• Advertisement

It explains the programming to reset the timer just like you did..
    I'm mobile at the moment. I'll post a shot of it later for you.

This one on page 48?

413144.JPG

This one on page 48?

413144.JPG

No The one below on Page 36.

KoolKid wrote: »
    You will need the engineer code to reset the battery timer though.
    Looks like its in the manual I sent the OP and in yours..:confused::D

413193.jpg

Must be an old manual you have.
    Its page 48 on mine.

I was confused why you thought it wasn't there.
    Anyway , I'm sure the manual I sent the OP got him sorted.

• Advertisement

Yeah its all sorted now Id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eamontierney

KoolKid
    You seem to be the expert on the HKC Quantum 70. I want to change the control panel battery. I have changed the sensor batteries () and have saved a lot of money by doing it myself.
    I now need to change the control panel battery (it is messaging me to do so). I know how to open the control panel. I know my own code for turning the alarm on and off. I think I know the engineer code (0 plus four other digits)
    How easy is it? Can you send me the manual also? Many thanks. Second problem. A power cut recently had the alarm going off for about six hours until the battery died. Can it be adjusted to allow me to turn off the battery in a power cut?

Hi Unfortunately Boards.ie no longer allow us to help you with manuals on this site.
    If you contact an installer or the manufacturer I'm sure you will get sorted.
    Once you open the panel you will see the battery just unplugs & the new one will plug in the same way. The guides above show you how to reset the battery timer once you have the engineer code.
    Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you with that here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 muckyba

Hi all,

I got an error yesterday about SB1 SABB battery low so wondering what component this is, any ideas?
    Alarm has only been installed 2 years, I'm surprised to be needing to change batteries this soon.

Cheers.

Its the batteries in the external bell. 2 Years is pretty common for these.

muckyba wrote: »
    Hi all,

I got an error yesterday about SB1 SABB battery low so wondering what component this is, any ideas?
    Alarm has only been installed 2 years, I'm surprised to be needing to change batteries this soon.

Cheers.

Im surprised too but battery life is down to activation's, leds alternating.
    Do you know if two packs are fitted in the bell or one?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 muckyba

Im surprised too but battery life is down to activation's, leds alternating.
    Do you know if two packs are fitted in the bell or one?
    Think there is 1 battery fitted, havent had a chance to check though.
    The bell box is at about 7 or 8 metre height so is extremely difficult to get to.
    Would love to be able to get it moved to a lower point on the gable if it meant that I could access myself with a ladder to replace batteries etc.

Is the SABB totally wireless or is there some wired element to it?

muckyba wrote: »
    Think there is 1 battery fitted, havent had a chance to check though.
    The bell box is at about 7 or 8 metre height so is extremely difficult to get to.
    Would love to be able to get it moved to a lower point on the gable if it meant that I could access myself with a ladder to replace batteries etc.

Is the SABB totally wireless or is there some wired element to it?

Yes but if its too accessible an intruder could get to it as well.

On the quantum you could have a wired or wire free SABB.
    If your getting the sabb1 low battery then its wire free.

If you had LEDs enabled then there may be 2 installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 martinjr

Hi Koolkid, I wonder would you still have the HKC 70 Quantum 70 manual that you could pm to me, please? I have a few changes to make, including exit and entry times

martinjr wrote: »
    Hi Koolkid, I wonder would you still have the HKC 70 Quantum 70 manual that you could pm to me, please? I have a few changes to make, including exit and entry times

Sharing manuals on boards.ie is not permitted.

To change entry exit times go into engineer mode, then timers menu.

• Advertisement
Advertisement