Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New road in in Ennis (Claureen)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

First I've heard of it!

I know there WAS planning for houses beside O'Keefe oil road. (ie, opposite the exit from the Watery Road onto Drumcliff road.

But, that planning has lapsed and I'd have serious concerns about further damage to the river basin if they build more houses in that area.

Watery Road area is really not suitable for more housing, land floods nearly every year as is.

I'll be objecting to any proposed developements that unless the infrastructure is up to standard and built first. We have a history in this country of promising infrastructure that never appears.

UPDATE: I've just checked and it looks like Clare Co.Co have made yet another fantastic decision to rely on the Flood report from an agent of the developer. And have granted Michael Lynch permission to build 61 houses on that land.

It's already chaos in the morning trying to get out of the area, another 61 shoebox houses will surely not make any difference :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭johnam

Haven't read the full report, but according map on page 121 of the Clare County development Plan there appears to be a planned new road leading from the bypass on the lahinch road around to the gort road, joining the gort road beside Sheils Ford dealership.

This would open the land around lee's road for development as the cars etc would no longer have to queue to join the lahinch road and instead would have a direct link to the bypass.

It would however seem to be another set back for the planned west clare greenway, as yet again the cycle track would be crossing a major road, meaning that cyclist are being asked to dismount up to 7 times before they reach lees road from Parnell street car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭minnow

johnam wrote: »
    Haven't read the full report, but according map on page 121 of the Clare County development Plan there appears to be a planned new road leading from the bypass on the lahinch road around to the gort road, joining the gort road beside Sheils Ford dealership.

To me that map seems to show the new road stop at the Lee's Road crossroad. I can't imagine it would continue as a new road as far as O'Keeffe's as it would need a new river crossing. Perhaps the existing road and bridge will be upgraded instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,471 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Theres already a road at that lees road junction that heads west. Are they just gonna upgrade that existing road and build a connection from that to the claureen roundabout?

They could open up a lot of land for housing that way without affecting the flood plain too much, but it would disrupt lees road, which is supposed to be woodland and a nature reserve. Not much fun going for a walk in the woods and bumping into a housing estate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Akrasia wrote: »
    Theres already a road at that lees road junction that heads west. Are they just gonna upgrade that existing road and build a connection from that to the claureen roundabout?

They could open up a lot of land for housing that way without affecting the flood plain too much, but it would disrupt lees road, which is supposed to be woodland and a nature reserve. Not much fun going for a walk in the woods and bumping into a housing estate

Take a look at the report, specifically the map on page 121. It explains a lot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement