Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software update and now iPhone won't connect to iTunes

Options
  • 29-03-2017 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Updated the ios on my iPhone 7 Plus and simultaneously updated my version of iTunes.

Normally usb lead to laptop auto connects iPhone to iTunes but now nothing happening.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, restarted both devices to no avail.

Also have an annoying message popping up every time I connect phone to laptop saying 'Allow this device to access photos and videos? this device will be able to access photos and videos while it is connected to your iphone. Allow. Don't Allow'. Again since software/itunes update.

Anyone know how to sort this? Kind urgent as I use my music for my job. Thank you/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Updated the ios on my iPhone 7 Plus and simultaneously updated my version of iTunes.

Normally usb lead to laptop auto connects iPhone to iTunes but now nothing happening.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, restarted both devices to no avail.

Also have an annoying message popping up every time I connect phone to laptop saying 'Allow this device to access photos and videos? this device will be able to access photos and videos while it is connected to your iphone. Allow. Don't Allow'. Again since software/itunes update.

Anyone know how to sort this? Kind urgent as I use my music for my job. Thank you/
    Had this myself today after the update and it's an easy fix (or at least it was for me).
    Open Control Panel > Device Manager
    Plug in your device
    Locate Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
    It is also possible the device may show under Imaging Devices, Portable Devices or Other Devices or as an MTB USB Device.
    Right-click and select Update Driver Software...
    Click Browse my computer for driver software
    Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers or C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
    Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    Click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
    Click Next, then Close and exit Device Manager
    For me I just picked the 'Drivers' folder and clicked okay. It worked straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

brophs wrote: »
    Had this myself today after the update and it's an easy fix (or at least it was for me).

For me I just picked the 'Drivers' folder and clicked okay. It worked straight away.

Thanks so much!!! Worked perfectly. Fair play, thank you.

Advertisement