Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glencar Waterfalls

Options
  • 29-03-2017 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi all, i will be coming into to Sligo town on Friday morning from the Manorhamilton direction so will be driving by the Glencar Waterfall. I have some time to kill so was thinking of going for a run in the area as it's so beautiful to drive though. Firstly are cars safe parking at the waterfall and secondly could anyone recommend a 5 or a 6 mile loop to take on. Thanks.
    Matt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

There is a public car park at the waterfall. I am not sure about running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Your car should be safe as there's usually a lot of people milling about especially now with the tea rooms across the road.
    There were a few incidents with cars there a few years ago but the culprits were caught. I haven't heard of anything since, although you can never be perfectly safe.
    As for a loop for running, you could follow the lower road by the lake shore and continue on straight up to the main road, go left and take the upper road until the left turn to return to the lower road (the road you've already driven). A bit more than 5/6 miles though I'd reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

There's a gorgeous cafe called The Tea Shed there as well. There's loads of parking too.

Advertisement